Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Re: Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby terdferg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 am

^If your talking about people from Camden going to Dorney, I do not see how that is possible. Camden is so poor most residents cannot afford to even enjoy the attractions their own city has, let alone pay tolls, transportation, and admission to a park almost 2 hours away.

Reading and Allentown may be contributing to this "crowd" you speak of, since they have had an increase in criminal activity in certain areas of their cities.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 am

I have been to Dorney several times and I thought it was a "different" crowd that goes but no different then the crowd that goes to Six Flags America. It is definitely a lot different then the Hershey crowd. I guess I am just used to be people being a little ghetto and over the top living in Baltimore hehe. The only thing that bothered me about the park was the line cutting. These days I do not say anything to anyone about line jumping because people are not scared to raise a fist. Heck people line jump in SFA all the time but I never say nothing because that park has had its fair share of shooting and stabbings in the parking lot. This HUGE parking lot and people fight over one parking spot - I do not get it.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 am

alilstronger wrote:I have been to Dorney several times and I thought it was a "different" crowd that goes but no different then the crowd that goes to Six Flags America. It is definitely a lot different then the Hershey crowd. I guess I am just used to be people being a little ghetto and over the top living in Baltimore hehe. The only thing that bothered me about the park was the line cutting. These days I do not say anything to anyone about line jumping because people are not scared to raise a fist. Heck people line jump in SFA all the time but I never say nothing because that park has had its fair share of shooting and stabbings in the parking lot. This HUGE parking lot and people fight over one parking spot - I do not get it.

I live in Cumberland and we go to Baltimore a good bit to John Hopkins and the area around that scares the crap out of me!!!!

But yeah, I have been to a park, can't remember which one, and my dad who is in his 70's said something to a group of kids who jumped line and they were ready to take him out!!! I was actually concerned because they were some seriously looking shady people. I have been to SFA a bunch of times and never really had a problem with the clientele, same goes for Dorney. I just ind my business, put on a happy face and enjoy myself. I even try to strike up a conversation while in line with people to kinda break the ice so people can see we are all pretty much alike.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby mtavenger55 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Dorney is one of my favorite parks. I visit it a few times a year & get season passes every year. I've never had a problem with the crowd or atmosphere. In my opinion GADV's crowd is worse. I've never waited more than 20 minutes for a coaster there, even on a busy day, plus you don't have to worry about bags because their coasters have bins for your stuff!
My Credits: 323 (Latest: Joker at GADV)
100 Volcano The blast Coaster, 200 Griffin, 300 Afterburn (Carowinds)
Let's Go Yankees/Rangers/Jets!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The49er » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm going to Great America on Saturday, and it's going to be my first time seeing the Invertigrass :(

CURSE YOU DORNEY!!1!1

I think that Invertigo tied for tallest coaster in the park; that's how bad we need a new ride :lmao:

Oh, well. Hope you Dorney fans love this thing that I never could ride at CGA :(
Last Park: CP / Last Credit: Blue Streak lol / Credit Count: 70
Top 5 Wood: SCBB Giant Dipper, Gold Striker, GhostRider pre-refurb, Blue Streak, CGA Grizzly
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, X2, Millennium Force, Tatsu

Next Park: ?
Next Credit: ?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby mtavenger55 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:44 pm

My Credits: 323 (Latest: Joker at GADV)
100 Volcano The blast Coaster, 200 Griffin, 300 Afterburn (Carowinds)
Let's Go Yankees/Rangers/Jets!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 am

Looks like Dorney is following the rest of the Cedar Fair parks by adding Fast Lane:

http://www.dorneypark.com/what-s-new/new-fast-lane

Fast Lane rides include:
Stinger, Steel Force, Dominator (S&S Tower), Possessed, Wild Mouse, White Water Landing, Hydra, Talon, Thunderhawk, and Thunder Canyon!

And yes, there is already a ton of whining on their facebook page!

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

Dorney needs Fast Lane? :p

Wait, on second thought, I love this just for Wild Mouse. If I hadn't had ERT last year I would've ended up wanting to use it on Talon and Hydra, too.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:10 am

^All parks need Fast Lane! :br

Postby alilstronger » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 am

^ I agree with Elissa, all parks should have a service like this of some sort. Laura I agree with you too about the Wild Mouse at Dorney!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!