TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

Didn't hear about that 'launch screen' thing until just now, but still looks interesting. This honestly looks better than the Orlando manta already.

I don't think I would say that it's better than the one in Orlando as that version is a flyer, but the theming does look like it will definitely be on-par with the east coast version.

Didn't hear about that 'launch screen' thing until just now, but still looks interesting. This honestly looks better than the Orlando manta already.

I heard the Manta in Orlando was crap, if so then this Manta should totally redeem its doppleganger

I hope you are joking...

Manta Orlando is a phenomenal ride, it's completely different to anything else in Florida and, although I haven't been on any other flyers, it's a pretty sweet ride IMO. For me the themeing is just top, the execution of the ride is also brilliant and it's a tremendous addition to the Seaworld portfolio. I'm sorry but your mate is pretty wrong.

Anyway, back to this one, looking to be shaping up pretty sweet. The 270* tunnel thing looks different, I like how Seaworlds really upping their game to bring something 'new' to the table.

You "heard" Orlando's Manta was crap? From who? That ride is fun, beautiful to watch, and has amazing landscaping and animal exhibits integrated with it. How can you call a full-sized, themed B&M crap compared to a smaller coaster that hasn't even opened yet?

hey guys don't kill the messenger i'm just saying what I heard, i've never experienced Manta in Orlando cuz I live here in California. However I was told by my friends that it was really jerky and not for the weakened stomachs. I apologize if i offended anyone but hey like I said thats what I was told

You "heard" Orlando's Manta was crap? From who? That ride is fun, beautiful to watch, and has amazing landscaping and animal exhibits integrated with it. How can you call a full-sized, themed B&M crap compared to a smaller coaster that hasn't even opened yet?

Yeah I "HEARD" it was crap, i've never experienced it because I HEARD it was crap. Thats why I said hopefully it can redeem itself due to the massive amount of complaints I've heard about this ride...

^Funny, Manta was easily a highlight of my trip in January. Amazing queue, best layout of all the smaller flyers (Tatsu is kind of a whole 'nother story), and just beautiful to watch over and over again. Can't really go off reviews when forming your own opinions...

Plus, both of the Mantas are pretty impossible to compare, considering that one is a big-boy flyer and the other is a small-scale launcher.

Hey all, I'm brand new to these forums, so as a statement of gratitude I thought I'd stop by SWSD on my way home today.

One thing that I was able to have confirmed for me: Manta will not get you anywhere remotely wet. Any "splash" effect is going to be an illusion for those watching outside of the ride. (I saw someone debating this earlier).

IMG-20120414-00600.thumb.jpg.307d56ebf71e401ce160fffa540917dc.jpg

First thing I noticed was the update to the roofing

IMG-20120414-00601.thumb.jpg.aa9d331eff3df17c11f5a9453b1b06b2.jpg

IMG-20120414-00617.thumb.jpg.f4828d0f64b20a728805ed8d659c2465.jpg

Scaffolding all gone! This thing looks awesome up close. Great job seaworld!

IMG-20120414-00607.thumb.jpg.cc005b2029ce0ee26cffb3b022209edb.jpg

New mulch! (you can smell it too). Landscaping is starting to add a lot to Manta

IMG-20120414-00605.thumb.jpg.b0603bfc2a3f018795e5037ebfb78968.jpg

This weekends small amount of rain gives a small preview into what this area might look like when filled with water! Plus, I thought I saw some cars in that door, but my junk phone camera couldn't get that far for you guys! they're probably hidden anyways

Got these pics yesterday, Manta is really starting to look finished! The whole main entrance is going to look amazing once complete, Disney status, and there is water now in the bat ray pool. I'm still wondering what is going to be in that giant spot of land by the first drop??? anyone know?

043.thumb.jpg.a1a735cbe82978517a4c6d5a9eb5876d.jpg

045.thumb.jpg.8b6463957d3bae7fa23b371135bf8b96.jpg

where is the new sting ray petting exhibit going?

The exact same spot it used to be.

Talked with a couple guys from the Sea World Team at the Scout Fair down in San Diego. They said Manta was scheduled to start testing last week, but the storms delayed the process. It sounds like they plan on starting testing tomorrow at the earliest! If you're heading to Sea World this week, keep your eye out!

Good update empires. Ya beat me to it.

Two things I noticed this weekend:

where is the new sting ray petting exhibit going?

At the outer edge of the ray pool:

IMG_1900lores.thumb.jpg.37326f7473e3d843b073513dbb47d643.jpg

IMG_1895lores.jpg.3065a740e3f65d0460e6b4862ffcbd63.jpg

Did anybody else notice the detail BENEATH the pathway here? All I noticed before was the rock monument