Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby Jordan M. » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:36 am

original wrote:Theme Park Coverage also posted a POV, which I think is the one Jordan M. was talking about, given to them by MW, you can also see people riding it (with no head bashing) and the smooth finish thanks to magnetic brakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFRpJO2xgE&feature=player_embedded

That video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFRpJO2xgE) has the POV provided by Movie World and my own footage (filmed with permission) of Amber riding for my GCParks site.

The full update can be seen on my blog.

The full video of Amber riding can be seen on YouTube with a small plea for TPR to return to AUS.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:22 am

I rode this yesterday. In all honesty, it's more comfortable than Battlestar, because the shoulder straps simply don't neck cut.
It still tracks like a regular Vekoma, but without the headbanging its a pretty cool ride.....I've got no issue with some roughness if there is no headbanging.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Having the ride ops wear orange jumpsuits or prison guard uniforms is clever. It's good to hear that they may have made an SLC more rideable, anyway.

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I love how the year after TPR goes to Australia, almost all the parks have now decided to either get a new ride or upgrade some existing rides. Wasn't there like a 5 year span of nothing really happening at the parks in Australia? Awesome.

Jimmy "I miss the Lethal Weapon theming" Bo

Seriously! Who theme's a ride to a Mel Gibson movie? COME ON!
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:49 pm

I have to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with it being rethemed to DC comics as over half the parks rides are now DC, including all the major coasters bar Scooby. However, there aren't many Warner Bros franchises that would've worked as most are cool but a bit dated (e.g Matrix), and DC comics are timeless.

Also, I agree all the parks seem to be improving somewhat after TPR leave haha. Movieworld got a new coaster, a revamped coaster and a soon to be announced dark ride, Dreamworld got a new coaster and even Aussieworld are expanding with a new DiskO and Flume ride, and unannounced $1million ride.
When TPR come back I'm hoping they will also be able to ride Australia's first B&M. I can dream :p
Last edited by australianalex on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 am.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby djrappa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 am

^^
Yes Jimmy it has been a bit of a GO TIME in terms of construction here, an we're not done yet!

What it means though is in a couple years TPR can come back to a swag of new attractions and those that did the last trip will have much to see.
Certainly exciting times for those of us working for the parks.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu

Lighting hack from Downunder

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:01 am

australianalex wrote:Aussieworld are expanding with a new DiskO and Flume ride, and unannounced $1million ride.
When TPR come back I'm hoping they will also be able to ride Australia's first B&M. I can dream :p

And TPR was the first group to ride that new DiskO.
21.jpg
But the flume had yet to be built.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby djrappa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 am

Robb does look to be passing something rather uncomfortable in that pic :p
Cheers
Clint Dulieu

Lighting hack from Downunder

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:28 am

And now to return to the real topic of this thread, which is already in progress (and my apologies for aiding in its derailment). ;)

How about that Movie World?

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 pm

JimmyBo wrote:I love how the year after TPR goes to Australia, almost all the parks have now decided to either get a new ride or upgrade some existing rides. Wasn't there like a 5 year span of nothing really happening at the parks in Australia? Awesome.

Jimmy "I miss the Lethal Weapon theming" Bo

Seriously! Who theme's a ride to a Mel Gibson movie? COME ON!

I felt the same way after my trip in 2006! Lethal Weapon was terrible then, So I can only imagine how it rode up to last year, but this looks like a great improvement on the ride experience.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!