TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I just got back from the park. I had a wonderful time!

Cyclone's new track is amazing. It makes the first part very smooth and enjoyable but the rest is the rough Cyclone. There was a breakdown while I was waiting, the ride was down for about an hour.

I rode Mindbender six times. It's still my favorite ride in the park.

Overall, a very good day!

Rode Cyclone about an hour ago (we're still at the park). The ride was running but had a mechanical delay for about 20 minutes whle we were waiting and there seemed to be extra glitches on loads/unloads that made the line move really slow.

I was underwhelmed with the improvements in ride quality. It was a bit better at the beginning but still extremely harsh and for me just not enjoyable. I'd still rather ride any other coaster at the park unless you happen to get lucky and catch the Cyclone on a great day.

-George

They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...

Unfortunately that's the way SF prefers running things.

I rode Cyclone on Sunday and the first part was incredibly smooth and fast. The rest of the layout that does not have the topper track was rough as usual. I don't think that it was as bad as I remember it but I also have not ridden it in 3 years because it got so rough. It still had several spots of really good airtime, especially the 4th drop(what we term the death drop) that I had forgotten how much airtime you get there. It is still a rough coaster (minus the topper track portion) but I think that if they would completely apply topper track to the whole coaster that it could be a top 10 or even 5 woodie again.

They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...

Unfortunately that's the way SF prefers running things.

^ I've can't recall ever seeing this attitude at SFoG. The teams usually seem to be doing their best to send full trains.

My two cents on the topper track on Cyclone:

The first part of the ride is really transformed - it's very smooth, but it still has just a hint of roughness to remind you it's a woodie. Then you hit the third hill and it's right back to the old roughness. There's still lots of intense rough airtime on several of the drops.

I hope this was a test to see how the track system worked, and they spend the next off season installing topper track on the entire ride.

I'm wondering if I should go at all this year. I've never been, but the only time I'd be able to go is early August, and by then, they're only open until like 6 PM on weekdays, and 7 on Sundays. Is there enough time to do it all in one day with only 7 1/2 hours in the park? I don't know how crowds are there.

Does anybody know any rumors for a possible new ride for next season? and what might possibly be removed for that? Cough cough hint hint ninja I think that ride is beyond repair from pain? Just reading a lot of reviews about B&Ms new wing coasters and hoping SFOG has a shot of getting one.

^I have not heard any rumors at this point, but I too would love to see SFOG get a Wing Rider, especially after riding Wild Eagle a few weeks ago. Dare Devil Dive is a solid addition, but I would love to see what is already a great park add another B&M to the mix. I'm looking forward to making a trip over this Sunday for my first 2012 visit.....

Great to hear the topper track seems to be a success. Hopefully, the rest of the track will get approved to be re-tracked next year.

I think Georgia Cyclone has the potential to be a great ride--maybe the Topper Track will be the answer.

Just got back from our first visit to SFOG over Spring Break. Overall we really had a great time and enjoyed the park thoroughly. We were there Wed/Thurs April 4 & 5. Crowds were pretty manageable with longest wait 60 mins for Superman Wed afternoon and 45 or so on Dare Devil Dive and Goliath (Thurs even better as threat of rain/few sprinkles I think kept big crowds away.) Was nice to get early entry to a few rides for Season Pass holders (930 am hour before opening time.) On Thurs was able to ride Flume, Scorcher, Dare Devil Dive and Goliath a few times before the crowd arrived at 1030. Park is landscaped very nicely with great tree coverage and pathways. Attendants for the most part very courteous. I believe all rides were up and running except some of the water ones (skull island and splash water falls.) Canyon Blaster coaster was down some on Wed and a bit on Thurs (we were stuck on it about 5-10 mins waiting but attendant kept us posted and asked if we had any questions to comfort the riders. Maintenance help arrived quickly.) Very nice kids coaster but only gave us one lap around the track. Best rides were Goliath, Batman, Mindbender, Superman and my favorite was Dare Devil Dive. Monster Mansion unique and fun kids really liked it. Thunder River good and ending will soak you. Gotham City could use a makeover/repaint. Spanish/Bugs Bunny needs some more greenery/shade. Shame train at Whistlestop Park is now closed as a kids ride is need over in that area of the park.

As for Cyclone, the new topper track is great. Unfortunately the rest of the ride (80%) is just awful. WAY too rough and jerky to be enjoyable. Didn't help that the attendants on this ride that evening (Thurs) were slow and inattentive. Only downer to an otherwise great trip. Congrats to SFOG staff for a well run theme park!