Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby Schotcher » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:49 pm

smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:^How much you wanna bet that if they got a B&M hyper and painted it red and silver, that the GP couldn't tell the difference between it and Mamba :lmao:

They'd still ride it. :lol:

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Long time, no post here.

Well, I guess Wacky Worm is being transformed into having a space-theme... interesting? I mean, I guess I saw it coming since the whole "Planet Snoopy" redesign, but will the name still be "Wacky Worm"? Hm..

LINK to the blog update

And of course it tells about some little updates around the park.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:06 pm

I hate double posting.

Worlds of Fun got a new site, out of nowhere I'd say. They didn't give any mention of it, but I guess it was to go along with all the other Cedar Fair sites' changes. Here's a link: Click me please.

Personally I like it. Very easy to move around and has a fresh, clean design.

Plus, click here for an update.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 pm

^There was a CF press release about it sometime ago that all CF parks would see new pages, new ordering pages, etc.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 pm

chadster wrote:^There was a CF press release about it sometime ago that all CF parks would see new pages, new ordering pages, etc.

I'm slow.

Thanks Chad. :Pr

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:39 pm

On the thrill rides page on the website, I don't understand how Mamba, Patriot, Timber Wolf, Boomerang and Spinning Dragons receive a thrill rating of 5... But Prowler is a 4? Seriously, SD is more thrilling than Prowler?!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, it certainly has more of a chance of making you get sick, what with all the spinning. I guess that could be deemed more thrilling.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Orient Wolf » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Thrill ratings aren't given in comparison to other rides. They're evaluated individually against established criteria.

For Level 4
Rides that generally have medium to high speeds and/or heights with moderate to rapid
braking. Riders may encounter unexpected changes in speed, direction and/or elevation.

For Level 5 (I added the bold emphasis)

Rides that generally have one or more of the following: high speeds and/or heights,
aggressive and unexpected forces, and rapid directional or elevation change. Riders will
encounter many unexpected rapid changes in speed, direction and/or elevation.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:48 pm

And here we have the World's of Fun Pricing Schedule and Rides list for FastLane

10 Rides:
Octopus, Prowler, Boomerang, Fury of the Nile, Mamba, Detonator, Timberwolf, ThunderHawk, Le Taxi Tour, and Patriot.

Pricing:
$50 - for 1
$45ea for 2
$40ea for 3
$35ea for 4
$30ea for 5+

*Select Saturdays may be $5 higher, check their calendar for details.

Other new items include:

NEW Live Entertainment
New shows debuting in 2012 include the outdoor country celebration "Made in America" and the rhythmic "Grease Monkeys" steel drum performance in front of Coasters Drive-In. Plus, Hoof-N-Woof Roundup adds a little surprise to their dog and pony show, and Charlie Brown takes the little ones on a jungle adventure! Don't forget all of our other Live Entertainment, including two shows in the Moulin Rouge theater and the dazzling Snoopy's Hot Summer Lights. Plus, you never know who you might run into on the midways in 2012!

NEW Dining Options
Come hungry in 2012! This season we're introducing a feast of new food options, including Lemon Tree frozen yogurt, Caribou Coffee, and too many new menu items to list. We're using the freshest ingredients and offering more choices than ever before!

Fresh Looks
The park is going to look better than ever in 2012! The new Cosmic Coaster will greet guests as they enter Planet Snoopy, fresh paint and pathways give the park a fresh look, renovated restrooms offer more comfort that before! Plus, this fall, Halloween Haunt is ready to 'take you to school' with more gore than ever before!

I know the park has been working hard to provide better food and honestly of all the Cedar Fair parks I've been to (which is all except MA and VF) I can say they seem to have the best food. I can only imagine what the new choices will bring.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pieeater » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:42 am

Was anyone there on opening day? I really want to know how they're running fastlane

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!