Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: pryonisys, thedlr and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby DougMJr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Hoot N Holler
A miniature roller coaster with twists, turns and gentle drops. This coaster travels at a low speed along an oval track.

Looks like they are re-theming "Brain Teaser" and the miniature bumper cars as well. Interesting.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 pm

They also have the newer logo on the main site that was posted on the previous page of this thread. Much cleaner looking than the old PARC logo with the coaster track. Though I find it annoying that they have the silhouette of IOA"s Hulk in the background.

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:35 pm

DougMJr wrote:
Hoot N Holler
A miniature roller coaster with twists, turns and gentle drops. This coaster travels at a low speed along an oval track.

Looks like they are re-theming "Brain Teaser" and the miniature bumper cars as well. Interesting.

And the kiddie bumper cars new name is "Raccoon Rally"
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_3be13ca6-7944-11e1-a28a-001a4bcf887a.html

Darien Lake Theme Park is investing more than $5 million in the park this season, including the creation of a new themed area for children.
The park revealed its plans Wednesday in a series of posts on its Facebook page and website.

Three new rides will go in the children’s area to be called Rowdy’s Ridge. The area will be near Grizzly Run and Ranger near a location formerly known as the “Tiny Trio” area, the park said in a Facebook post.

The rides, according to park descriptions, include:
  • Rowdy’s Heave Ho!, an attraction that allows guests to self propel to the top only to let go an plunge back to base camp.
  • Moose on the Loose, a track ride that takes riders through the middle of a bear camp on the back of a moose.
  • Hornet’s Nest, a spinning ride.
The park is renaming Adventure Isle as Beaver Brothers Bay to highlight the park’s new “party animals.” A Beaver Mania show will be featured in the area, replacing the Thomas the Tank Engine Show that was introduced last season but will not return.

The park plans nearly a dozen live shows, including seven new ones, in 2012. The shows, which include three juggling acts, a canine thrill show, a comedy stunt show, hypnotist and an illusionist, will run in multi-week shifts throughout the summer. Some show schedules have overlapping dates.

The former Galaxy Theater, which for the past two seasons has been home to the Sea Lion Splash show, will not be used in 2012, the park said.

Park officials had teased three new family rides in renewal letters sent in December to season park holders and Facebook postings. At the time, park officials indicated the rides were in response to guests desire to have more attractions for families.

The park also said in December it would add 15 new Brown Bear Cabins to its campground for the 2012 season, bringing to 57 the total number of the rustic-looking cabins in the park. Each cabin includes a fireplace, loft, bedroom, fully-equipped kitchen, eating area, wireless Internet and a flat-screen television.

In 2011, Darien Lake added new live shows and upgraded amenities. The last major addition to the park came in 2010 with the opening of an expanded waterpark, renamed Splashtown. The 5-acre attraction cost $7 million and was the park's biggest single addition in a decade.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby DarienLaker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Well that stinks that they're just going to leave Galaxy Theater SBNO this year! :(

I wonder if Darien Lake has future plans for it?

If they did for 2013 in the former Galaxy Theater here what I think should go in it

. An upcharge laser tag arena
. A dark family ride (not a coaster)
. Another full service restaurant
. An upcharge dance club for all ages
. Another indoor coaster ;)
. An ice skating show
. A storage unit with no access for the GP :evil:
. A haunted house for "Fright" Fest
Last edited by DarienLaker on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:34 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Folks on Facebook are mentioning that the Scrambler is gone. Any truth to that?

Postby DarienLaker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 pm

John Peck wrote:Folks on Facebook are mentioning that the Scrambler is gone. Any truth to that?

The park said that Scrambler is in storage and they got rid of it and sent BMX Motocross to Elitch Gardens to make way for the new kiddie rides, But Grizzly Run is still there as well the last operating Huss Ranger ride in North America!

Postby DarienLaker » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Adventure Isle is now called "Beaver Brothers Bay" and the rides are renamed/themed, but I wonder if the boat that is in there going or staying?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Swiminn6 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Darien Lake June 20th (Wednesday) Review

Since I only live about two hours away, my friend and I took the first of many Darien Lake trips this summer! I will split the review into sections to make finding certain things easier. I didn't get any pictures because I left my phone in the car :(

Crowds
The crowds were pretty light today. The water rides were more busy as it was 90+ degrees out! There were a few buses that brought many kids. These kids were very annoying! They had shirts saying "Class of 2016" so you know what I'm talking about. When standing in line for a water ride, there was a girl on the stairs above us spitting down trying to get it on us... Also, by 4:30, everything was a walk-on.

Operations
When we first got to the park around 11:45, they were having a power outage and only about two or three rides were up. It wasn't long before everything was back up and we were queuing for the Viper. They had two trains running and were getting them through by the time the next train hit the brakes. Superman operations were somewhat slow and only had one train running. There was only one attendant up at the soak city complex of four slides! Mister Twister was not running even though the water was :?r

Lifeguards
Had to mention that the Lifeguards were doing an awesome job! I am a Lifeguard myself so I naturally look and see how well they are doing their job :lmao: They were even doing some training throughout the day. I know they would definitely be ready for any accident.

Overall, the park looked great! It was clean and the staff was attentive. The only thing I thought bad was, it seemed like a lot of rides weren't in operation or were on and off during the day. I believe four or five were out of service including Cuda Falls which would have taken a load off the other water rides that were packed. Oh BTW, while in line for one of the slides, I saw the yellow pieces of roller coaster track still across the street where they have been laying for years...

If you wanted to know anything, just ask. I probably forgot something :lol:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Swiminn6 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Just kidding, I did take two photos from yesterday on my phone!

I call this one, "Park from the Parking Lot!"

My beautiful drive through upstate NY.

^Why did I take this? I got into the whole Instagram bull sheet :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!