Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby FaithnotForgotten » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am

Lenaapple1974 wrote:
ahecht wrote:I'm really disappointed that SkyRush only has a one word name. I find that I enjoy coasters with multi-word names much more (Superman: Ride of Steel, Intimidator i305, El Toro, The Voyage, Boulder Dash, Space Mountain, Taxi Jam, Dragon Wagon, Wacky worm, etc.). Just look at how much better "Intimidator i305" was than "Intimidator". What was Hershey thinking?

</sarcasm>

What about Nitro? :) One of the best I have been on, for sure. :)
Or Maverick, Kumba, Montu, Sheikra, Manta, Tatsu, etc. Lots of greats with one name. I am sure the list goes on for both scenarios.

Not sure if you are joking or if you missed his sarcasm haha :)
2014 Team Leader : Thunder Canyon

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Hersheypark has completely renovated their official website:
http://www.hersheypark.com/

They also added some new details as well such as Fast Track Pass, which sounds like it's to be a system similar to Kennywood's. On those busy days, this might come in handy. ;)

http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/vip_experiences.php
Hersheypark Fast Track
If you just can't wait to get on our roller coasters, purchase our new Fast Track Pass for $50 inside Hersheypark at Hospitality Services to skip the lines on nine of our coasters! Get your Fast Track Pass as soon as you get to Hersheypark, quantities are limited daily and sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Also new to the site is a food and drink location database similar to the rides database:
http://www.hersheypark.com/food/food_locations/index.php
They also added the food and drink locations for The Hollow as well.
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 pm.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Great! Yet another park coming under the spell of the Fast Pass System. :x

I, for one, do not care for them and I think we ought to have a law banning Fast Passes. However, at $50 a pop and only in limited quanities, I'm hoping that they won't be selling many of them, thus I won't have to wait nearly forever to get a roller coaster. My feelings on waiting in the queing lines is this: "If you can't stand waiting in line to ride a ride, then you have no business being inside an amusement park, period." :evil:

:pillow: " Speaking of waiting, I'm still waiting for you. Don't make me wait forever!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:43 pm

^^Nice, I remember people complaining that Hersheypark would really benefit from that system but didn't offer it. I've forgotten, did we already know this was coming for some reason? Or did it come out of nowhere?

I can't say Kennywood's system is my favorite, but any reasonable option helps. It was way too easy for me to miss my scheduled timeframe while experiencing other attractions. Yes, that was a completely conscious and informed choice on my part, but it was still annoying that I had to plan that way or miss out.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:56 pm

palmerleeberry wrote:I, for one, do not care for them and I think we ought to have a law banning Fast Passes. However, at $50 a pop and only in limited quanities, I'm hoping that they won't be selling many of them, thus I won't have to wait nearly forever to get a roller coaster. My feelings on waiting in the queing lines is this: "If you can't stand waiting in line to ride a ride, then you have no business being inside an amusement park, period.":evil:

I can see both sides of the argument. I used to think the way you did when I was in college, had huge amounts of free time to visit parks, and mostly visited parks within a day's drive.

However, now that I have a job with limited vacation time and have started visiting farther away parks, I have seen how having a skip-the-line system makes the park much more accessible for those coming from out of town. Day visitors who live nearby can forgo the pass, since any rides they don't get on can wait a few months or until the following year. However, when you're coming from out of town and have just spent $600 on airfare for two people, $150 on a hotel, $150 on a rental car, and $100 on park admission, spending an extra $100 to make sure that you actually get on every ride is definitely worth it. Especially when you consider that it may be years before you return to that park, if ever. When I visited Magic Mountain last summer and got the Flash Pass, most of the people I talked to in the FP lines were international visitors or Americans on once-in-a-lifetime trips to California. You really think that those people have no business in an amusement park?

These days there is no way I would plan a trip to a far away park unless I was going to an event with ERT, some sort of skip-the-line system was offered, or I knew that I wouldn't have any trouble experiencing everything I wanted to in the time I had allotted. Despite generally being a huge cheapskate, I will definitely spring for the Fast Track Pass when I fly down for the Skyrush opening.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

^In total agreement.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Well said, ahecht.

With that said, I've only had to purchase one a few times over the years, and it was well worth it. Most times just getting to the parks early and staying ahead of the crowds was enough. ...Especially at the Six Flags parks.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Due to two TPR trips this year taking up my vacation time, a Saturday is my only option to go to Hershey this year so the "Fast Track" is the perfect option for someone in my position. I am all for it.

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:35 pm

^Very true, these fast passes make Saturdays an option now. ...A definite plus.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Yay! I'd still like to see QBots, but this is a positive step. This park gets way too crowded to not offer a service like this. My only option to visit Hersheypark this year may fall on a weekend, and I'll happily buy these, just to know I can avoid as many long waits as possible.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!