Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbear30 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 am

I rode Cyclone on Sunday and the first part was incredibly smooth and fast. The rest of the layout that does not have the topper track was rough as usual. I don't think that it was as bad as I remember it but I also have not ridden it in 3 years because it got so rough. It still had several spots of really good airtime, especially the 4th drop(what we term the death drop) that I had forgotten how much airtime you get there. It is still a rough coaster (minus the topper track portion) but I think that if they would completely apply topper track to the whole coaster that it could be a top 10 or even 5 woodie again.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
A.J. wrote:They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...

Unfortunately that's the way SF prefers running things.

^ I've can't recall ever seeing this attitude at SFoG. The teams usually seem to be doing their best to send full trains.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby shivtim » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am

My two cents on the topper track on Cyclone:
The first part of the ride is really transformed - it's very smooth, but it still has just a hint of roughness to remind you it's a woodie. Then you hit the third hill and it's right back to the old roughness. There's still lots of intense rough airtime on several of the drops.

I hope this was a test to see how the track system worked, and they spend the next off season installing topper track on the entire ride.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm wondering if I should go at all this year. I've never been, but the only time I'd be able to go is early August, and by then, they're only open until like 6 PM on weekdays, and 7 on Sundays. Is there enough time to do it all in one day with only 7 1/2 hours in the park? I don't know how crowds are there.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby sheikramatic2006 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Is Deep South Bash close to getting announced? :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 am

Great to hear the topper track seems to be a success. Hopefully, the rest of the track will get approved to be re-tracked next year.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby sirspanky53 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Does anybody know any rumors for a possible new ride for next season? and what might possibly be removed for that? Cough cough hint hint ninja I think that ride is beyond repair from pain? Just reading a lot of reviews about B&Ms new wing coasters and hoping SFOG has a shot of getting one.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jhcbiinoc » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:45 pm

^I have not heard any rumors at this point, but I too would love to see SFOG get a Wing Rider, especially after riding Wild Eagle a few weeks ago. Dare Devil Dive is a solid addition, but I would love to see what is already a great park add another B&M to the mix. I'm looking forward to making a trip over this Sunday for my first 2012 visit.....

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

sirspanky53 wrote:Just reading a lot of reviews about B&Ms new wing coasters and hoping SFOG has a shot of getting one.

Oh, and you still wanted one?
We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:33 pm

SFOG is in dyer need of a new flat ride (package). It already has a world-class collection of coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!