Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby RangaOnACoaster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 pm

I just got off Arkham and its a super awesome improvement than what it used to be like. but the lap bars end up making your legs hurt after 2-3 rides. besides that its better than a massive headache :)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 am

The "patient processing" desk and the cop hanging from the ceiling are nice touches. Most of the theming looks like appliques they just plastered to the walls.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:27 am

^You're right, it looks like the stuff you buy to decorate for Halloweeen, but it is an improvement over bare walls and I applaud them for trying to plus an slc.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 am

^The old Lethal Weapon theming in the queue was fairly elaborate, although I think it makes sense to go with a Batman motif for this ride (being as they already have Superman and Green Lantern coasters). I'm glad to hear that the new trains are an improvement.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby djrappa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 pm

I'd almost go so far as creating a new thread just for discussion of these trains...

First on the theming, Chuck as a massive critic I can assure you the new theming on this ride is much better than anything you saw on Lethal Weapon. Yes most of it is just printed (it is coverd with acrylic though to last) vinyl however at the end of the day it's just a coaster que, it's nothing more. The theming is pretty well done, certainly enough of a solid effort to convey the theme. If this was the actual ride experience of a dark ride I'd call bad form but for a que it's good.

Now as for the trains, all of you Vekoma pain SLC lovers out there should have a look at what has been done with these things. I finally got to ride several times this morning before we opened up to the public and it's a total transformation from shit to awesome ride. The train still tracks like a bitch but it really doesn't have any negative impacts on the rider. Basically think of the new trains as riding with only a lap bar and that's what you have as long as your shoulder 'belts' are adjusted correctly.
I think Kumbak will do well with these trains as parks can keep their existing wheel bogies and only replace the seat hangers. The magnetic braking just completes the ride transformation to pleasurable.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu

Lighting hack from Downunder

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:58 pm

^I'd like to see the rethemed SLC myself sometime--any excuse to go back to Australia and Movie World. I had a great time there last year with TPR.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm

So, Australia now has a Maurer Skyloop, a S&S El Loco and a revamped SLC. Now we just need a B&M or a good woodie to assure that TPR come back to do another trip here! ;)
I'd personally love to see a GCI in the Wild West section of Movieworld. Not that that will ever happen.

But yeah Im looking forward to riding Arkham Asylum. As Lethal Weapon, I rated it a 3/10 and put it at the bottom of my coaster list, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it can redeem itself, and from what Ive heard I think it can.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ambe_bambe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi everyone. Jordan M and I went to the media launch this morning representing one of the local Aussie coaster groups. Between the two of us we should have some stuff up on here in the next few days. Movieworld has provided us with a POV and were were allowed to use our own GoPros to film ourselves on ride. (they attached it to the back of the first car and filmed us in the second row.)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jordan M. » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:04 am

As ambe_bambe said we both attended the Media Event today, currently writing a blog post detailing the ride and the POV with ambe_bambe will be up shortly.

On board audio is not yet working but otherwise the ride appears complete.
MEDIA RELEASE
Saturday 7 April 2012

Warner Bros. Movie World Launches
Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy!

OXENFORD, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA (7 April 2012) – Warner Bros. Movie World on Australia’s Gold Coast, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, today launched Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy, an electrifying new coaster experience.

Following some terrifying modifications to the 17-year-old Lethal Weapon coaster, the new ride experience will have thrill seekers harnessed into the Ivy League of Insanity, reaching speeds of up to 85km and pulling 4.2Gs.

Village Roadshow Theme Parks Chief Executive Officer Tim Fisher said, “Arkham Asylum’s victims will be begging for mercy as they take on this insane new ride experience, featuring five gut-wrenching inversions and sophisticatedon board audio.

Guests will endure a ride experience like no other on the world’s first Arkham Asylum coaster as they are strapped into a brand new innovative train with awesome upper body movement like never before.

“Only the bravest of riders will enter the Asylum to face one of the most demented criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters,” Fisher added.

Guests can get their dose of shock therapy on Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy from today, but beware; only the craziest of patients should dare to enter the realm of extreme insanity. Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy is the first roller coaster ever based on a Batman video game, the hugely popular Batman: Arkham Asylum game from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

With a host of exciting new attractions and shows recently opened, including the new GREEN LANTERN Coaster at Movie World and SpongeBob ParadePants at Sea World, the Local’s VIP Pass is the best way to experience the ultimate theme park fun while getting the best value for money.

The Local’s VIP Pass provides unlimited entry to Sea World, Movie World and Wet’n’Wild Water World until 30 June 2012 for the incredible price of just $79.99.

ENDS
Media Contact:
Renee Soutar
Village Roadshow Theme Parks Publicity Manager
All related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
(s12)

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby original » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:38 am

Well all the reviews seem to say how fantastic the ride is with the new trains. I just hope later down the track they purchase a second train. On the statistics of the ride MW are now claiming the train runs 5km faster at now 85km instead of 80!!

China town is still closed, don't know if its going to stay like that and open up with something new in there or open later done up to Arkham. Also you no longer enter through the original entrance, through the cinema, instead on the side closer to the SE. You don't even go near the cinema now, although the queue railings are still there; so maybe in time they might put a walk-through attraction or another ride!?!?

They have also given their ride loaders orange jumpsuits as their uniform and guard uniforms to the ride operators in the booth.

The park is now also trialling a Fast track system... similar to that of Disney's fast Pass. Parkz did a really good update today of whats happening in the park and the new ride, with photos from the media preview event. http://www.parkz.com.au/update/2012/04/06/#295

Theme Park Coverage also posted a POV, which I think is the one Jordan M. was talking about, given to them by MW, you can also see people riding it (with no head bashing) and the smooth finish thanks to magnetic brakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFRpJO2xgE&feature=player_embedded

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!