TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I love the look of this coaster. Also the skull's facelift is great. They filled in the mouth and the eyes. They also updated the colors on the facade. It looks great and looks like a real mountain that just happened to form a skulls face naturally. The whole ride actually blends in well with the area which is what I had hoped for.

The last piece of track was installed on Apocalypse at Six Flags America today! I just happened to be standing there right in front of the ride while they were bolting together the final piece of track! It was a good day!

Here are a few pics!

-Jason

050.jpg.56fc895225246646df5aa5192eb26149.jpg

The last piece is lowered into place.

057.jpg.43ce410d51a61347402ac43450e92272.jpg

Bolting the last piece into place.

059.jpg.b8738c1a45dd3d4565e293a5edc25fe7.jpg

Putting it all together!

053.thumb.jpg.c7570b5f63a26d0ab4ee2b7adb16a905.jpg

A panoramic shot of the whole ride all put together. Sorry about the choppy panorama. I'm still learning how to use that feature!

It looks REALLY GOOD! I was surprised at how well it fits into the space. It's very pretty now too. Looks so much better than it did at SFGA.The fresh paint and and new colors really give it a dramatic look. I am actually looking forward to riding it now. I wasn't too excited about it before I saw it today.

-Jason

Now let's hope that the park makes up for a decade's worth of no significant additions & follows up with another new ride next season.They still need a replacement for two face after all & were supposed to get a coaster a couple years back for the "tween" market after all.

No. It's a stand-up coaster, specifically Iron Wolf from Six flags Great America (B&M's first coaster as a new company), relocated.

I don't know if this has been answered or not, but are they going to put a roof over the station?

Yes there will be a roof over the station. The station will probably be the highest station at the park (typical B&M style) where you have to climb steps to get the platform.

The trains are ready from what I've heard too. I assume that park is getting all the electrical together and construction of the station will be in full swing, and landscaping and themeing around testing. The park has plenty of time to have this ride ready for opening. Good Job SFA!!!!!!

Now let's hope that the park makes up for a decade's worth of no significant additions & follows up with another new ride next season.They still need a replacement for two face after all & were supposed to get a coaster a couple years back for the "tween" market after all.

I agree! But I will admit I like they have taken the time to get their park back into some sort of good shape. Compared to years ago this park has did a 180 degree. Now, they have their self together lets get some new rides in!!

Exactly there is no way the park would survive by adding new capital when their operations and guest service was poor. They had to get that in order first. Good service sells and keeps guest coming back and never gets old. Rides and their popularity sometimes do!

I thought the service was pretty good on Sunday when I was there. The ride ops weren't exactly "speedy" but they were polite and had good guest interaction.

I do find it a bit funny that this is the first coaster in 10 years, and it's a 20 year old coaster.

Very nice that they bolted the final piece into place. Now all that is lefted to do is get the station finished, set out the queing lines, put the trains on the track, and open up the ride to a kicking and screaming public that wants to send a message to Six Flags Headquarters: Do it again next season! Put in another ride ( or two, or even three) so this once bastard child of the Six Flags family can prove that this Six Flags park should be on everybody's list. And I do mean "child" because young children often gets hand-me-downs from their older siblings, and this coaster is a hand-me-down from Six Flags Great America ( we were suppose to get another hand-me-down from Astroworld years ago, instead all we got was scrapped metal - but that's water under the bridge now). But it is what this park needed and I cannot wait to go up their this summer and ride it ( you'll know it's me in the queing line; I'll be doing the kicking and screaming part).

"I could be kicking and screaming for him to come back to bed, but I'm a pillow and I'm proud!"