Photo TR: Divv's Japanese Adventure

Final Part: FUJI Q!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Divv's Japanese Adventure

Postby buckaroo234 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

SharkTums wrote:
The trip was split into two parts, not everyone did both parts.

Aha! thanks for clearing that up!

We love you Monte, oh yes we do. We love you Monte, you know its true. When your not near us, were blueeeee. Oh Monte we love you!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby vuurvogel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 am

Thank you Divv, for bringing back those memories. Loved the TR. Good luck with your move

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:11 am

David H wrote:Were they cleaning every seat between each train on your visits. as they were that day? They were very thorough about that when I was there!

I do not recall this happening.

And for those are are concerned, this Photo TR is not over! Divv stayed on board for the Disney add-on which was sandwiched between the Southern Japan and Tokyo portion of the trips and he also went to Fuji-Q with us.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby David H » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:49 am

^ Cool. While I wasn't with you all, it will help refresh my memories of my trip, and help me look forward to making new ones, both at Tokyo DIsney and Fuji-Q and with you all in China!

We were amazed at the whole loading procedure on Pyrenees during our trip. First, they'd wait until EVERYONE from the previous train was out of the station. Then they'd close the exit gates. Then they'd put all of the harnesses down. Then they'd wipe each of them down. Then they'd lift each of the harnesses back up. Then they'd wipe down each seat. Then, and only then, would they START letting people into the station, scanning each person's wristband or ticket and assigning them to rows. But even then, the station gates were still closed. Only after everyone was in the station and in their rows would they open the station gates. Then everyone put their stuff in the other side of the station and sat down and locked up the harnesses. Then they checked all the harnesses. And eventually, they sent us out. And they did this every time. There were several times where I made it all the way around, and they still hadn't let the people into the station, never mind onto the train!

Luckily, it sounds like they've figured out a better system. You know, like how all of the other parks in the world, do it? ;-)

On a side note, where's Divv moving to? I was actually wishing I was in Manchester this weekend at local DJ Gareth Emery's big music label party at Sankey's nightclub. I've actually managed to see him 5 times in the past year and half, in Boston, NYC and Ibiza.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:15 am

Divv, always a lot of fun following along as usual! Hopefully the move back to the motherland won't slow these down. ;)

I really hope I can make it to Japan one day.

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Part Eleven: TOKYO DISNEYSEA!!!

Postby Divv3k » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:10 pm

As Larry pointed out, this Trip Report is not quite over yet!

After we left Nagashima it was onto a bullet train and thanks to copious amounts of beer a few of us were beginning to get a bit giddy! Not just because of the beer however, because we were on our way to the most anticipated place of the whole trip - Tokyo Disney Resort!

Now, I'd heard all the hype about DisneySea beforehand, so I was expecting big things. Really big things. But after only a couple of hours in the park on this first evening I was able to say without reservation:

TOKYO DISNEYSEA IS MY FAVOURITE PARK I'VE EVER BEEN TO. Hands down, no contest. It's absolutely incredible. I five years of doing TPR trips in various locations on the globe, never have I been so blown away by a theme park.

The theming is incredible. You can see that from the photos, but what's amazing is that it looks even better in person! Not only is the theming great, DisneySea has a fantastic ride selection to back it up! And the place has only been open ten years!

On this first evening we only had a couple of hours but managed to hit the big three attractions:

- Journey to the Centre of the Earth: It's a fantastic and fascinating use of the Test Track technology which is just an incredible experience from start to finish. LAVA MONSTER! What an animatronic!
- Tower of Terror: The ride system itself is the same as Paris/California so it's not quite as good as Florida but the Pre-show, theming and back story is second to none! The pre-show "vanishing effect" that they do with the Shiriki character is awesome!
- Indiana Jones: Wow. I knew of this rides existence but having never been to California I was completely expecting something on the level of Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. How wrong was I. I absolutely loved this thing, I'd probably even say that it's my favourite theme park ride in the world. It was just so much fun!

Okay, okay, I could wax lyrical about Tokyo DisneySea for ages (and I will, there's more updates to come from here!) but since this was only our first night I'll move onto some photos...
image049.jpg
The theme for our final Bullet Train journey was BEER! And lots of it!
image050.jpg
For what may be the last time in Japan Erik enjoys the trademark giant ice cream!
image001.jpg
Some of us are a bit merry already and are about to get even merrier!
image002.jpg
Steve is so excited that The Rug cannot be contained!!!
image003.jpg
Never has a gigantic wet ball excited me so much in my entire life – WE’RE AT TOKYO DISNEYSEA!!!
image004.jpg
Where better to start an evening at DisneySea than at Journey to the Centre of the Earth?!
image005.jpg
Woohoo, we’re about to get on a lift!
image006.jpg
Woohoo, we’re ON a lift!!!
image007.jpg
And now we’re ON journey itself! Normally I wouldn’t post this photo, but check out Larry, how could I not???
image008.jpg
As if you needed any more proof we were on Journey – LAVA MONSTER!!! I LOVED Journey to the Centre of the Earth!
image009.jpg
Speaking of rides that I loved… this is just part of the queue for Indiana Jones, unbelievable a theming!
image010.jpg
Indy’s single rider line was awesome! We really got in a load of rides during our time on the resort. Good thing to because Indy is amazing!
image011.jpg
Larry decides that the best way to have an ever improving popcorn experience is to start with the Duffy related stuff and move up. Can’t say I blame him!
image012.jpg
Quick, get the Milk Tea stuff eaten so we can move onto Black Pepper and Curry!
image013.jpg
As if getting on Journey and Indy wasn’t enough we even had enough time to get on Japan’s very own Tower of Terror!
image014.jpg
No single rider for this one, but that’s okay because this queue looked amazing and moved pretty fast!
image015.jpg
TDS really like incorporated lifts into their rides wherever they can.
image016.jpg
Everyone is either waving at me or Larry just said something REALLY funny!
image017.jpg
So that was our first night at DisneySea. We had only spent a couple of hours there but we’d already got on the three big attractions and I was totally in awe of the place!

LOADS more DisneySea to come but next up is our day in Tokyo Disneyland itself!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Visual Cue for laughter!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VGplay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:57 pm

^And the best part is that it worked! I still don't know if we were laughing because with it we realized what was said was a joke, or if just the hand motion itself made us laugh.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:38 pm

I (like most other people) LOVE TDS!!!

I have to admit Divv - That is probably the best picture I've ever seen taken of Lava Monster!!

Keep up the good work, and hurry up and finish!!

JJ

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby chrisdanger » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 pm

You guys look like you had a spot of fun...What id give to head to Japan to ride coaster, eat yakatori and drink melon-flavoured fanta

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive