Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Chroniq » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Via Screamscape- It looks like they are already building out the "xpass queues" at Epcot.

I find it interesting that the first 2 attractions that they are working on to implement xpass (spaceship earth and the seas with nemo) are not actual fast pass rides.

This brings up a few questions
1. Does Disney plan on implementing the XPass system on every single attraction at every park?
2. Will these rides now offer fastpass as well?
3. Is this just a fluke to test out the system on high capacity rides before integrating it into the fastpass system?
4. Will resort guests be able to use both Xpass and Fast Pass? In theory you could prebook all of your xpasses for late in the afternoon/night (the same way some people are using the system now) and then just use fastpasses in the morning. If so- ALL YOUR FASTPASS ARE BELONG TO US.
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:56 am

Looks like the Fast Pass Return Times are officially being enforced now:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150680036413566&set=a.382599058565.162665.194340658565&type=1

Last edited by ernierocker on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Hockeyman55 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 am

Just thought id share a pic I took last Saturday while at Epcot before Flower and Garden officially opened
6965858295_e6e7dc8632_b.jpg

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 am

Hockeyman55 wrote:Just thought id share a pic I took last Saturday while at Epcot before Flower and Garden officially opened

I think next year I will bring my wife to Epcot when they have the Flower and Garden open!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/coming-soon-to-epcot-agent-ps-world-showcase-adventure/

Greetings from Epcot!

All the would-be secret agents out there will find a great new interactive experience at Epcot this year.

Coming this summer, Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is based on the wily secret-agent alter-ego of Perry the Platypus – faithful pet to the title characters from Disney’s animated series “Phineas & Ferb.” Although just a simple pet to Phineas and Ferb, Perry turns into Agent P in each episode to help stop the misguided plans of his nemesis, Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Epcot guests will transform into secret agents to help Agent P thwart some of Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s most daring plots. Agents will use a “high-tech secret agent device” to receive clues for each case. Solving the clues will take agents to different places throughout seven World Showcase countries at Epcot – Mexico Pavilion, France Pavilion, Germany Pavilion, Norway Pavilion, Japan Pavilion, China Pavilion and the United Kingdom Pavilion. Agents will scour each country for clues, evil “Inators,” and – with a little bit of luck – help Agent P defeat Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Everyone ready to don their fedoras and help Agent P? I can’t wait!

Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure will arrive at Epcot and the current Disney Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure will close in summer
agg496434LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Norway Smells Like Farts

Postby vekoma_fan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Oh no! Not KP!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Not a huge Phineas and Ferb fan, but at least this is something new! Good for Disney for staying relevant to what kids are watching.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/first-look-at-merchandise-for-the-30th-anniversary-of-epcot-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

130ep123234LARGE.jpg
There is one book in my Disney collection that I cherish – a soft cover book released prior to the opening of then Epcot Center. Before my first visit in July 1983, I spent hours dreaming of the 21st Century while looking at the beautiful concept paintings in the book. October 1, 2012, marks the 30th anniversary of Epcot and to celebrate, we will be releasing several items on that milestone day. I spoke with Disney Design Group artists Qunyh Kimball and John Henselmeier about their work on the anniversary style guide being used as reference for merchandise (you may recall Quynh and John’s work on the Starspeeder 1000 Vehicle Playset released last year). I was happy to learn that they used that book I love as inspiration.
230ep123234LARGE.jpg

“We loved the warm colors and illustrations found in [the Epcot Center book],” explained John. “In the past five years, we have designed many vintage Epcot items. For the 30th anniversary, we wanted something different – a retro but contemporary feeling, something we call ‘today’s vintage.’ That soft cover book really helped us achieve that look.”
330ep123234LARGE.jpg

Work on the style guide began in December 2011 at the request of the Disney Pins team. Pins have been a big part of previous Epcot anniversaries and they will play a part in October. The image above contains a few of my favorites, including a reversible lanyard, a few mystery pins and a pin that looks like it’s from an early 1980s video game (oh, why can’t “Epcot Center – The Game” be real?!). John told me his favorite attraction of all time was Body Wars, so he made sure it was represented in the assortment.
430ep123234LARGE.jpg

There will also be a jumbo pin that uses the soft cover book image in the packaging. In addition to pins, look for a few softline items including a T-shirt that uses the “21st Century Continues” artwork as seen in the first image.

Writing this article has left me feeling nostalgic. Do you have a story about your favorite thing from Epcot in the past 30 years? I vote either the handwich from The Land Pavilion or Magic Journeys. I hope to see you on October 1!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Screamscape is reporting that the planned shut down for test track may be delayed or canceled all together.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 am

I love the Pixelated Figment pin! Also when I go to the parks next time I have to check out the Phineas and Ferb thing... I agree with Elissa(except that I am a huge fan) that this is a great move because the show is CRAZY popular.

The 20 with a Perry the Platypus Shirt Ghost
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!