Photo TR: Divv's Japanese Adventure

Final Part: FUJI Q!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Re: Photo TR: Divv's Japanese Adventure

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

I remember watching the weather get worse and worse as we traveled the mere 681 miles on the bullet train in just a few hours...luckily it all worked out and we got kick ass food too!

I have a love/hate relationship with all of these Japan Trip Reports, I love them, but then I hate them cause I want to be back there right now!!!

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I had genuinely forgotten all about the umbrella. for those of you who don't know, you're in for a treat!

Loving it Divv, I liked the Hakata hotel with the massive TV on the outside.

Dave

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 pm

I think that hotel in Hakata was my favorite place we stayed on the trip! The food choices were amazing and it was such an easy walk to the train station.

I want to go back already!

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Part Four: SPACE WORLD

Postby Divv3k » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Our next park was one of the first "big parks" of trip - Space World! This was a nice park, they have a theme and boy do they stick to it!

There's some decent coasters and interesting coasters here, the Arrow hyper and Japanese Stealth being the big two. There's also some other interesting contraptions like the forward/backward coaster and the Black Hole indoor coaster.

This was another day when rain was a theme but amazingly we still managed to get all of our credits and ride everything we wanted to. There's also a live horror maze in the park which is always a plus in my book!

Oh yeah, there was also the little issue of substantiating the authenticness of a certain space craft too...
image001.jpg
Today was the first “Big” park of the trip – Space World!
image002.jpg
Replica or Real Spaceship? Will we ever find out the truth?
image003.jpg
Jes wants to get his photo with the Spaceship just in case it is real.
image004.jpg
I have it on good authority that this plaque lies. It is absolutely a real spaceship and not a replica.
image005.jpg
Whether it's real or fake there’s a still a coaster to be rode and we had ERT!
image006.jpg
It wouldn’t be one of my TRs without bringing back a recurring joke that only about four people find funny! Well I’m one of the four dammit and I find photos of Erik licking large plastic ice cream cones highly amusing. Please note that I have no desire to see photos of Erik licking anything else however.
image007.jpg
Japanese Stealth! Better than regular Stealth. Why? Because it’s in Japan and not in Thorpe!
image008.jpg
TPDave finally gets a Qoo.
image009.jpg
Uh oh! I thought we were miles away from all that!
image010.jpg
Arrow Hyper time! Hello Titan!
image011.jpg
Just like your average Arrow Hyper it goes up the lift hill. The difference with this one is that it’s in Japan.
image012.jpg
It’s better than The Big One and that’s not just because it’s in Japan!
image013.jpg
TPR are loving themselves some Titan! Japanese girl in the front has just spied some green monster making off with a red umbrella though.
image014.jpg
As I came to find it is law in Japan that all theme parks have some form of giant wheel.
image015.jpg
We have a place called the Vicky Lounge in Glasgow. Please note that it is nothing like this one though.
image016.jpg
Check out Larry, in his natural habitat, overlording it up to the max.
image017.jpg
The kiddie coaster was apparently a bit temperamental but luckily the majority of us managed to get the credit.
image018.jpg
As kiddies go it wasn’t too bad!
image019.jpg
The backwards/forwards death machine was a ride once affair for me. The rest of the guys seemed to enjoy re-riding though. Guess I just hate riding backwards. On rollercoasters.
image020.jpg
No Aliens in the water!
image021.jpg
OMG, it’s Japanese Peena Puu! That stupid tree from Finland is still giving me photos and captions for TRs year later!
image022.jpg
This is the indoor rollercoaster station. Can’t really remember what it was like!
image023.jpg
TPDave is all about the Happy Return!
image024.jpg
Go on guys, dive in!
image025.jpg
Caution: Scare in motion!
image026.jpg
It was little details in theming like this that made me really like Space World. They have their theme for their park and they’re sticking to it!
image027.jpg
Alien themed horror mazes do not appeal to Scottish for some unknown reason.
image028.jpg
Andrew asking where was the drop tower portion of the maze?
image029.jpg
Lunch in the Colonel’s Lounge sounds like a great idea to me!
image030.jpg
A Wa-Fu Chicken Cutlet, Nuggets and Melon Fanta! I love visiting fast food places in new countries to try out local menu items!
image031.jpg
4D theatre! I wonder what delights await us in here?
image032.jpg
OMG, it’s Panda-fucking-vision! I’m losing track of how many parks I’ve seen this in now!
image033.jpg
And now for a first. These rapids really are cutting edge.
image034.jpg
Yeah, these are the only rapids in world that soak you from the bottom of the boat up! Bizarre!
image035.jpg
With the rain beginning to lash down again we figured we could find some cover in the form of the Giant Arse Wheel.
image036.jpg
Andrew and Tom cosy up together for a hot and sweaty encounter inside Hendrix.
image037.jpg
Despite the rain I really liked Space World. And once again we got all the rides in even with the strict rain policies in Japanese parks!

Nice one, Space World!
image038.jpg
Back in the hotel we encountered on the TV what seemed to be some kind of inferior Japanese version of Yo Gabba Gabba.
image039.jpg
WiFi Party!!! The local electronics store had free WiFi which is a bit of hot commodity in Japan so it was often a hang out point for tour participants!
image040.jpg
Tool.
image041.jpg
Love in an elevator!
image042.jpg
This night we decided to check out another restaurant in the Hakata area. This one was another of those cool Japanese concept restaurants…
image043.jpg
It’s a vending machine restaurant!
image044.jpg
Here’s TPDave not ordering a Katsu curry.
image045.jpg
What you do is buy your meal from the machine, which gives you a ticket. You then give your ticket to the waiter and he brings you your dinner!
image046.jpg
Jes loves his Vending Machine meal!
image047.jpg
Here’s my Vend-a-Meal! It was very good! I’m loving these different Japanese restaurants!
image048.jpg
No beer left? Go to the vending machine and order another!
image049.jpg
Pub takeover!!! We came all the way to Japan to check out the British pub. That’s how we roll.
image050.jpg
Cheers!
image051.jpg
Not content with the beer I had in the pub it was back to the hotel for a nightcap!

Back with more soon!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby sspaz1000 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Great update! Japan looks really cool. I'm sure I'll keep saying that over and over again. But it does.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

別の素晴らしい旅行レポート別の素晴らしい旅行レポート別の素晴らしい旅行レポート別の素晴らしい旅行レポート別の素晴Space World may be just behind the Tokyo Disney parks on my Japanese lust list. Super happy space smile thrill shuttle!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Bringing back quite the memories!

Gotta love the vending machine that set off an alarm when too much beer was ordered. ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Space World takes goofiness to the Outer Limits--I'm a big fan of that park, too.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Please tell me that Space World still has that awesome theme song!

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:40 pm

^Gosh, I don't remember if we heard it or not!?!

Come to the Space...Come to the Space World...AMAZING!!!!!!

I love Space World and can't wait to go back!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive