Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release regarding the launch of Christmastown: A Busch Gardens Celebration.

Busch Gardens Tampa is getting ready to launch the biggest Christmas celebration ever! Christmas Town will transform the park into a nighttime holiday wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas, filling guests’ senses with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors, and creating a beautiful new tradition for Tampa’s families.

For the first time in the park’s 53-year history, visitors to Christmas Town will experience all-new evening attractions, shows and shopping every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, Nov. 30 through Dec. 23. Guests can look forward to special entertainment, live music, festive treats, holiday shopping and thousands and thousands of twinkling Christmas lights around every turn.

“When Christmas Town opens in November, it will be the beginning of a unique holiday tradition for Tampa Bay area,” says Jim Dean, Busch Gardens Tampa’s park president. “We are creating a season-long celebration for family and friends unlike any other event our guests have ever seen – the kind of Christmas fun only Busch Gardens can provide.”

Similar to the park’s popular Halloween event, Christmas Town will be a separate-ticketed night event, and regular daytime Busch Gardens admission is not required or included. Discounts will be available for annual pass members, and families with children ages 3 to 9 will enjoy special ticket prices for their youngest members.

The new event will also offer some magnificent new opportunities for groups looking to book a unique holiday party. For additional information please call Busch Gardens’ Group Sales team at 813-987-5523.

For park news, updates, photos, “Like” Busch Gardens Tampa Bay on Facebook.
ChristmasTown_Horizontal.jpg
Santa Final.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RFV94 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 am

A drop tower at Busch Gardens! (2013)

"According to a report at Park Rumors, new plans filed by Busch Gardens Tampa show off a new drop tower style ride in place of the Sand Storm ride. If you look at the close-up of the diagram of the ride itself what appears at first to be a square ride pod is really an octagon, which each side holding 4 riders, for a total of 32 per cycle.

f this layout holds true, this is a different layout frolm the circular carousel used by Moser on last year’s Mach Tower at the Willamsburg park, which held 30 riders. The layout also doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen before from Intamin, S&S, Huss, Zamperla, Fabbri or even ABC. So we may be looking at an entirely new animal here."

-From Screamscape.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Here are some pictures of the plans! It seems that there will be a renovated entry to Timbuktu also according to these pics.

Plans Confirm Drop Tower for Busch Gardens Tampa in 2013

Plans filed with the South West Florida Water Management District last week confirm the rumors that Busch Gardens Tampa will be adding a drop tower style attraction for the 2013 season. The plans filed are just for the preliminary ground work, so they don’t tell us much, but we can still pull a few bits of useful information out of them.

For starters, we can make a pretty educated guess about the ride’s manufacturer, which has been thought to be either Moser Rides, (BGW just worked with them on Mach Tower) or Intamin (BGT just worked with them on Cheetah Hunt). Looking at the tower’s footprint, we can see it has eight sets of four seats, for a total of 32 riders. Intamin appears to only offer drop towers that seat 24, 30, or 40 riders, while Moser Rides offers a Gravity Tower model that seats 32. This certainly doesn’t confirm Moser as the manufacturer, but it does make it seem much more likely.

Another interesting item to note is the new entry plaza into Timbuktu that Busch Gardens will be adding. Gone will be the canvas overhangs and outdoor market, creating a much more open, and likely incredible view of this new attraction.

Pics from ParkRumors

Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Am I missing something or is there not only 16 seats showing up on those plans as opposed to the 32 that are claimed in the quote???

Either way, another great addition appears to be on the way to BGT!

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 pm

It looks like there may be additional seats in the "squared off" sides. If the seats are around an octagon rather than a square it would brign the total to 32.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:48 pm

^You can see the diagonal rows in the last picture really well. It looks like 16 from far away, but it's actually an octagon!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Over obsessive disney disorder

Postby DarkStitch626 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Looks pretty cool to me, though I wonder. How many seats does "Acrophobia" and "Hangman" have?

Postby ernierocker » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 am

^Acrophobia has 30 I believe.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Very nice. Very, very nice. :) :)

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:07 am

TimbukTower? ;) At least we know it'll be more reliable than Timber Tower. :P

Looks like a great new addition to the park! Loved the whole place when I went this past summer. Montu, Kumba and ShieKra all landed top ten positions in my coaster list, and there was just so much in the park! The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the rather odd park layout...

Looking forward to seeing this rock the park's skyline in 2013!
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!