Besides of being a rider and an amusement park flyer, I am also an great fan of playing minature golf. Seeing the pictures of those two courses, one haunted and the other sci-fi, it appears that the Univeral City Walk has another great attraction to help generate more $$$, plus to prove that the City Walk is just more than restaurants and night clubs.
Question - Where in the City Walk did they put this course?
In closing, who knows what will be next to be installed in the City Walk?
"I've got one: how about one giant-sized bed with many pillows on top, so any weary, tired riders can pay a few bucks and lie down. I would love to work at that attraction, in fact, I'll do it for free!"
Universal Orlando has sent us a new press release regarding the upcoming reopening of The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman!
Today, Universal Orlando Resort revealed what people around the world have been waiting to learn: The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man will reopen on Thursday, March 8 – featuring all-new stunning 4K digital high-definition animation, a rockin’ new musical score and all-new 3-D “Spider-Vision” glasses.
The enhancements will transform what is already one of the most popular theme park attractions ever created into what will feel like an all-new adventure. The newly reanimated, high-definition experience will unfold within the attraction’s towering visual spaces. The enhancements will allow guests to experience details they’ve never been able to before – from the flames spewing from Hobgoblin’s pumpkins to the electricity arching through Electro’s body to the stitching on Spider-Man’s gloves.
Here are highlights from the must-see 3-D experience:
1. Legendary comic book icon and Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee makes a cameo appearance in the new film animation. 2. The action is more life-like than ever. Guests will actually see the movement of the characters’ muscles and the changes in their facial expressions. 3. The enhanced attraction features a new original music score. It is the same Spider-Man theme you love – with a rockin’ twist. 4. The ride vehicle audio system has been upgraded from 8-channel to 16-channel so riders will be even more immersed in the action. Guests will experience 3-D sound quality. 5. There are hundreds of cool new details for guests to discover in the attraction. Lighting, sets, graphics, props and even scenic detail have been updated to further enhance the animation’s tremendous improvements.
And, for the first time ever, Universal Orlando is giving fans the opportunity to unlock sneak peeks of the new hi-def ride animation before the attraction reopens next week. Click HERE to see a new piece of the reanimation and to learn how you and your readers can unlock even more.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!
This morning we checked out the new updates to Spider-Man at IOA! The ride really looks fantastic! The new animation did not take away anything from the ride at all, and the updated screens really add quite a new dimension of the ride. Here is the official press release from the park...
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT REOPENS THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF SPIDER-MAN All-New High-Def Animation and Other Major Enhancements Bring All-New Thrills
New Experience Unveiled Today Includes Cameo by Spider-Man Co-Creator Stan Lee
Orlando, Fla. (March 8, 2012) – The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal Orlando Resort – one of the world’s most popular theme park experiences – is now even better.
The attraction reopens today with all-new 4K digital high-definition animation, a new highly-sophisticated Infitec 3-D projection system, a new music score and new high-tech 3-D glasses so that guests can experience the improvements the way the attraction’s creators envisioned. The attraction’s sets, audio system and lighting have also been upgraded.
The new animation comes to life across the attraction’s towering visual spaces – some of which are more than four stories tall and just as wide. Live special effects such as heat blasts and water surges as well as the motion of the ride vehicle are precisely calibrated to match the animation so that riders will feel as if the entire adventure is happening to them.
As they reanimated the attraction film, the creative team added hundreds of new details and effects. Guests will see moss swaying in the wind, rats scurrying through the streets and hear electricity arching so close it will raise the hair on the back of their necks. And for the first time ever, Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee will make a cameo appearance inside the attraction. Lee was meticulously animated in 3-D and placed in more than one scene inside the new animation.
“The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man was so wonderful before,” said comic book icon and Spider-Man co-creator, Stan Lee. “But now – with all of the new technology that’s been added – it is indescribably spectacular.” “We took an incredible theme park ride experience and made it even better,” said Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative. “If you have been on this attraction before, then it will seem like the first time. If you have never been on it, then you will simply be blown away.”
Here are the top 10 unique new elements in The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man: 1. The action is more life-like than ever. Guests will actually see the movement of the characters’ muscles and the changes in their facial expressions.
2. The new HD film animation combined with brand-new, highly sophisticated Infitec 3-D projection, allows guests to experience mind-blowing details they’ve never been able to…from the flames spewing from Hobgoblin’s pumpkins to the electricity arching through Electro’s body to the stitching on Spider-Man’s gloves.
3. Guests will experience the ride’s new details through all-new 3-D “Spider-Vision” glasses, complete with new lenses made of dichroic filters for amazing color and clarity.
4. The enhanced attraction features a new original music score. It is the same Spider-Man theme you love – with a rockin’ twist.
5. The ride vehicle’s audio system has been upgraded from 8-channel to 16-channel so riders will be even more immersed in the action. Guests will experience 3-D sound quality.
6. All of the film animation for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man has been completely reanimated in 4K highdefinition – that’s one of the highest HD resolutions available.
7. Every single scene in the attraction has at least one new element.
8. There are hundreds of cool new details for guests to discover in the attraction. Lighting, sets, graphics, props and even scenic detail have been updated to further enhance the animation’s tremendous improvements.
9. Legendary comic book icon and Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee makes a cameo appearance in the new film animation.
10. The attraction experience continues to use the latest technology to provide guests a fully integrated and immersive experience with some of their favorite Marvel characters.
Take a look at the new Spider-Man!
On, no! Scream!!!
Hobgoblin is still a "blast!"
You still get Electro-cuted!
And of course, there is always Doc Ock!
Check out the new 4K projectors used in the attraction.
Spider-Man is here to re-open his new ride!
Spider-Man reopened with new 4K 3D animation, new musical score, and high tech 3D glasses!
Spider-Man has officially re-opened!
Which is the real super hero? Spider-Man or Piers? RESPOND NOW!!!
Check out the new 3D glasses for Spider-Man!
"Do I look fancy in my high tech 3D glasses?"
Ride boarding area is still the same...
The "Scoops" look familiar...
But the ride is even MORE fancy with awesome new animation, high-tech projection, new musical score...and PIERS!!!!
Get out to Universal Orlando Resort's Islands of Adventure and check out the updated Spider-Man!
It's good they did update it. Spiderman really seemed like it was outdated. It's amazing how much progress has been done with 3D technology in the past 10 years.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14] What a season pass??
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.