TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Once again, WDW trumps Disneyland for an event.

All these pics from MK make me wish I would have been there. All of the pics/reports I'm hearing from Disneyland make me glad I didn't go.

This should give you some kind of clue ...

From the Disneyland Twitter last night:

"One More Disney Day"@Disneyland park is extremely popular. Disneyland park is currently full. Updates to follow. #Disney24

And some pics

Disney2.jpg.42b0085aeca05fbf7c337fb7f4ebd027.jpg

At the 1am Fantasmic

Disney1.thumb.jpg.4678231ee64fea45ff4395e51c211ed8.jpg

A friend of mine took his picture at 3am as she was leaving ... this was the line to buy tickets!!!

Have they ever opened up that noodle station in the past five years? I ate their when I was 9 and haven't eaten their since.

It is only open during the peak seasons (i.e. spring break, summer).

I do know it was open back in October 2009 which was the last time I was at the park.

P.S. Which ride did you ride the most?

We ended up riding Space Mountain 6 times, as the line was either 15 minutes to walk-on, or we had a bunch of FastPasses when the FastPass window time was only 30 minutes.

The park did get pretty busy from about 7pm - 1am, but it never really felt that "packed" to me, or I should say at least not that much more packed than your normal busy weekend Wishes/Parade day.

They did have to open the backstage overflow area on Main Street for about an hour or two, but outside of that peak time, I'd say the park was light to moderate the rest of the 24 hours.

One question: Were FPs still on? It'd be interesting to have a FP with a return window of 3:15-4:15 AM.

-RO

I think FastPasses stopped at 10ish or so, but they were still taking FastPasses up until closing.

Yeah, from what I saw it just depended on the ride how late they gave out FPs for. I know Space Mountain had them going all the way until 4am when it closed, but I think ones like Snow White and Winnie the Pooh stopped them early, like 1-2am. I'm not 100% though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quite frankly, the ammount of people inside disneyland was rediculous. I got through the gates at 10 and shortly after the park hit capacity. I didn't go on a single ride but I did talk to some people I hadn't seen in a long time and it was interesting watching the chaos unfold. I left around 1 and it looked like thousands of people were still trying to get in. Imo, disney would have been wise to have had dca open but I'm thinking that those in charge didn't expect to see the turnout that occurred for a 24 hour event in the middle of the week. General park merch and odv carts weren't selling much but lines for places like jolly holidays and popcorn carts were extremely long. I'd be interested to see if disney met or outperformed all of their financial goals with this little stunt.

That looked amazing! In 4 years, whose up for hitting both MK and Disneyland on the same day?

Why do you have to wait 4 years? You can do this on pretty much any day assuming that DL is open until 8pm or later (and obviously depending on your flight).

We were going to do this on our last trip (got into LAX at 6pm) but decided not to. I know some people who have done it on a normal operating day.

Although I did not get to see the TPR Madness, I did enjoy the one more Disney Day. I was sad to not be one of the 3,000 to get the hats...but fortunately they were handing all the extras out at The Town Square Theater at the end of the night. The park did seem to get a little busy in the evening and I even found my self surprised at how many people stuck it out until 6. Some cast members did the whole Fly to Lax and hit the other park which seems fun. A very succesful event and I really hope they do another one....maybe all 4 parks

That looked like an epic day, wish I was there. I did Coastermania at Cedar Point one year and if I remember correctly I got to the parking lot around 6am and took my last ride on Millennium Force around 2am, so a 20 hour day, not quite 24 hours but a long day (I'd do it again in a second!).

Awesome wrap-up. Any visit to a Disney park that includes six rides on Space Mountain is good visit.

But in a couple of the later pictures, I can definitely feel the sleep-deprivation pain.

Also, great to learn that if one ever wants to partake in this insanity, do it in Florida. Yikes.

That looked amazing! In 4 years, whose up for hitting both MK and Disneyland on the same day?

Why do you have to wait 4 years? You can do this on pretty much any day assuming that DL is open until 8pm or later (and obviously depending on your flight).

We were going to do this on our last trip (got into LAX at 6pm) but decided not to. I know some people who have done it on a normal operating day.

Yeah, I did this once without even really meaning to. It was when I was still working at Disneyland and we were at Magic Kingdom in the morning, took a flight that afternoon, landed at LAX around 6pm, went down to DL to check my work schedule (they didn't have The Hub... Or even the Internet then!), and realized "oh, I was in the other Magic Kingdom this morning."

I honestly don't think doing both parks on different coasts in the same day is really a big deal. It can be done so easily, that I don't feel it should even be notable.

--Robb "One day I was at SFMM, KBF, and DL all in the same day and that's not really difficult either..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey