TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/part-of-new-fantasylands-storybook-circus-will-open-by-late-march-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Who’s ready for an update on New Fantasyland? I just heard that the first elements of Storybook Circus will open by late March, marking the first in a series of progressive openings for the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history.

Among the first experiences to open will be one carousel of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, a re-themed Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini and the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad.

In designing Storybook Circus, Imagineers were inspired by Disney’s animated film, “Dumbo.” When complete later this year, the area will be filled with multicolored circus tents and other nods to the film. The section will also feature Casey Jr., the famous locomotive from the movie, who has rolled into town, bringing the circus with him.

Beyond Storybook Circus and as we mentioned in a previous post, the Disney Princesses will be getting a new home at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. The last day of operation for this attraction will be Thursday, May 31.

We look forward to sharing more with you throughout the year as our work progresses.

cjf018371LARGE.jpg.bbb2218d117c4b4be4bc9ed51fd3cc9b.jpg

goo496753LARGE.jpg.8367c19dc35d411ae36c1a1a3a6cece8.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

I posted the in the Disneyland thread but thought those of you on the East Coast would want to hear about it as well.

The Disney Mobile Magic App that was Verizon only is now available for all iPhone users, and a few other non-important phones! Verizon customers do get some additional features, but the main features are available for all.

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/disney-parks-mobile-magic-app-is-now-free/

^I saw this yesterday and was pretty happy! Especially after just talking about it last weekend at Disneyland. It's almost as if Disney was listening in on our conversation and got it on iPhones for us! Interested to try it out next time we're at the parks to see if it's accurate and how well it works.

In other news, Adam (or any other disney loser), have you heard anything about special food offerings at the Magic Kingdom during the 24 hour leap day celebration similar to what Disneyland is doing?

^^I gotta be honest here. I see a ton of people (mostly Disney geeks...and most of those Disneyland geeks) bitching about the removal of Snow White for a character meet and greet. I spent a TON of time in Fantasyland at Disneyland last weekend and quite a bit of time at the one here in WDW. It's always a much shorter wait/line for the rides than the Meet & Greets. My daughter, and most young girls at the park, would much prefer some face to face time with Snow White, rather than riding a terrible ride where you see her twice (once dead!)

Park enthusiasts may mourn the loss of a dark ride, but let's be honest with ourselves and see that they're just not as popular with the people that are spending the most time at the park.

The Snow White rides have always been a problem for Disney because they're too "scary" for little kids and not scary enough for anyone older than eight. I think the planned Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be a good replacement.

I'm all about the classic Disney dark rides (especially one that showcased arguably the most important Disney movie ever created), but that Snow White ride never did anything for me. I think I've ridden it twice the whole time it's been there. Seriously, all it ever felt like was a space filler. A really nice interactive and immersive meet and greet area for the kids would be a huge plus.....even though I'd just prefer another restaurant.

I'm all about the classic Disney dark rides (especially one that showcased arguably the most important Disney movie ever created), but that Snow White ride never did anything for me. I think I've ridden it twice the whole time it's been there. Seriously, all it ever felt like was a space filler. A really nice interactive and immersive meet and greet area for the kids would be a huge plus.....even though I'd just prefer another restaurant.

Oh, man, what I wouldn't give for a "Yak & Yeti" caliber restaurant in MK!

I always liked Snow White, but don't think it will be terribly missed by most people. I've said this before about Universal and I'll say it again, but I've always admired how Universal isn't afraid to completely remove an older yet classic attraction for something fresh and new and I've always wished Disney would do the same thing with some of their older rides, like Snow White.

I agree, I've never felt the desire to eat at any of the full service dining facilities in the Magic Kingdom, so a signature restaurant would be a great addition. Maybe even a combo full service/counter service in the same location like Yak and Yeti and just about everywhere in Epcot has.

I've never thought of this before, but you are totally correct.

Animal Kingdom has Yak & Yeti

MGM has Brown Derby

Epcot has a number of great restaurants.

Magic Kingdom has? Tony's? We ate there once and were thoroughly disappointed.

Disney is leaving money on the table by not having an awesome in-park restaurant at Magic Kingdom.

-chris "at least we can jump on the monorail and eat at some of Disney's best restaurants" connolly

Are you guyus talking about a moderate priced restaurant? MK does have Cinderella's Royal Table.

Other than that, I have to agree about the food offerings at MK, although I think much of it is because they gear it for kids with finger food mentalities.

Via the Hub -The Magic Kingdom will be offering Fastpass for the Main Street Electrical Parade, Wishes, and Magic, Memories and You! through the month of March. Fastpass tickets will be handed out in the afternoon by cast members for reserved viewing locations in the hub area.

Edited by Chroniq

My family and I always enjoy eating at the liberty tree at lunch. The menu is different from the supper menu which is still family style I think. The potroast is great.

I liked Liberty Tree (even though I had no idea it was a character meal when I made my reservation). The Royal Table has always been good.

After that, I'm at a loss. I never get too excited about any of the food offerings at MK. Pinochio's was usually my lunch stop, as it carried the same Cesaer Salad you can get in The Land.