TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

^This is Sea World San Diego. They're not trying to be a major thrill park or trying to appeal largely to thrill seekers.

I know that, I just was hoping it would be a little more along the lines of Manta in Orlando, which I live close to. I absolutely love that attraction as a whole, and the coaster portion is beautiful.

This is a PERFECT ride for SWSD. These Mack Launched coasters are the smoothest rides I've ever been on (smoother than a brand new B&M), they feel like floating on a pillow around the track.

It's a perfect ride for the 'starting out thrillrider' set.

This is a PERFECT ride for SWSD. These Mack Launched coasters are the smoothest rides I've ever been on (smoother than a brand new B&M), they feel like floating on a pillow around the track.

It's a perfect ride for the 'starting out thrillrider' set.

Agreed. I'd say that Manta will probably be around the same intensity of JTA, but with a much more cohesive theme and scenery interaction.

It's looking absolutely amazing, and it's the coaster San Diego has been waiting for.

^And it doesn't get you wet! It's important to remember that there is a percentage of population out there (like Dan!) that doesn't like getting 'wet in their clothes'. This is a much easier ride to deal with in a lot of ways.

Haha, very true. Several of the front seat ride on Atlantis have left me drenched to the bone, although not as much as Bilge Rat Barges .

Tis ride looks much more promising than when it was first announced IMO.

^Cheetah Hunt is an Intamin coaster whereas Manta at SeaWorld San Diego is a Mack ride. It is especially difficult to compare Manta to other Mack launched coasters considering how few others there are currently (Blue Fire).

Edited by jedimaster1227

went to the park yesterday and saw Manta with its first drop and turnaround finished and I gotta say it looks really good. also got some good pics from the skytower. looks like there's only two pieces of track left to place. I took these with my cell phone so not the best quality

287.thumb.jpg.d20ce994a9d24506dc4358897e591a00.jpg

the turn into the first drop

286.thumb.jpg.9f54c597f569d126ef3a9d92a55742bd.jpg299.thumb.jpg.ed610c71922721be0d8001913ad1e76e.jpg

overview of the entrance bridge, first drop, and turnaround

300.thumb.jpg.2ee2d67296173f3be4de76972551ed15.jpg301.thumb.jpg.d164b2528bb8e43beaa5d4e7c63ab3c0.jpg302.thumb.jpg.49758d91f3af61f0e05ef4ba2144d8b3.jpg

station and launch building

304.thumb.jpg.fa40e148ebfecdaf2ac83642f788e83b.jpg

the end of the first half of the ride and second half

308.thumb.jpg.199e9b15f351007e6a26d1bb60a29c05.jpg