TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

While I agree that it does seem like a lot of new dark rides are shooting rides, since Hershey already has a traditional dark ride (the factory tour), I'm glad to see something different. And since there aren't really any shooting dark rides in the area, I think it will go over well.

• 3 weeks later...

^Yeah, but I heard something like its a big anniversary for Hershey (50 years maybe, not quite sure) and they were going to do something big. However, I guess a water park is big, so the rumor was correct. As I said, I've never been a water park fan, but this could help lower crowds! By the way, does anyone else think that Hershey is going in the wrong direction with this waterpark? I'm still unsure about R:XCC, but the addition of a waterpark makes me wonder what future plans they have for the park.

Waterpark!?!? I thought the new for 07' thing was going to be a big coaster. Oh well, with any luck, this will lessen lines and crowds in the rest of the park.

I'm hoping that the lines will get shorter as well. Anything to take lines away from the coasters is good in my opinion.

Waterpark!?!? I thought the new for 07' thing was going to be a big coaster. Oh well, with any luck, this will lessen lines and crowds in the rest of the park.

I'm hoping that the lines will get shorter as well. Anything to take lines away from the coasters is good in my opinion.

^Keep thinking that, it propably will not come true. Sure the lines might be shorter when it is hot, but there will be more people going to HP since there will be a water park.

This is a good move for the park. People will now be able to enjoy a whole day at the park. Families with teens and young kids can drop the young kids off at the water park, and the teens at the amusement park.

I was kind of expecting the Dorney effect to happen. When Wildwater Kingdom is open, the amusement side is almost dead. I know that won't happen at Hershey since it's not a full size water park but I am hoping it will happen but on a smaller scale.

• 1 month later...

Yes it is closing, but just for a rehab.

Today's Patriot News announced that Chocolate World will be offline beginning tomorrow for a three month rehab. You can read the entire story at

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1136197260138301.xml&coll=1

The ride was originally built by Arrow back in 1973 around the same time that Hershey Park converted over to a theme park. As the article states, the ride has been through two rehabs since then. This one is going to cost five million, so expect some changes. They mentioned that they're adding singing cows. For that price they should add some singing Donkey's just for Robb....

Oh that's just lovely! Seriously, I'm glad Hershey takes time and money to refurbish their beloved attractions like most parks should be doing. My family is trying to figure out if we should visit BGW, Cedar Point, or Hershey Park this summer. We've been to each park atleast once and this is our choice this summer. However I'm looking at doing a senior trip to Florida, So Cal, or Wisconsin Dells

Thanks for the update. I'll have to tell my wife that, as he is always taking our nephew up there so he can ride it. He loves that thing. An update will be good. As long as it's not that god aweful late 80s one where they had a space alien or something give you the tour.

• 4 weeks later...

As of January 5, 2006 Hershey closed the Chocolate Tour and is upgrading it! It is going to be more high-tech with new scenes and my local newspaper seems to be obsessed with the fact that they are adding three singing cows. It won't re-open until April. It's about time IMO, I ride that every year and IMO its getting a little boring.

I think I read elsewhere (screamscape?) that they may be replacing the ride vehicles with new ones that'll have video screens and stuff.

I personally have always loved this ride, despite the brainwashing song at the end of the ride. Maybe they'll replace that brainwashing song with a new brainwashing song sung by 3 cows! (3 cows!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I think I read elsewhere (screamscape?) that they may be replacing the ride vehicles with new ones that'll have video screens and stuff.

I personally have always loved this ride, despite the brainwashing song at the end of the ride. Maybe they'll replace that brainwashing song with a new brainwashing song sung by 3 cows! (3 cows!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

IIRC they already had video screens, but now they'll be hi-res flat screens. I think the ride is great.