Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby chargersmichael » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Sorry...didn't see the post from before. :p
Last edited by chargersmichael on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 pm.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Schotcher wrote:Giraffes have blue tongues? :| :kiss: :)

Black actually. And from what the animal keepers at the park have told me, it's because giraffes eat all day long (I've seen them going for the grass near the back wall of the meerkat habitat and trying to reach leaves way up in the trees), so they have dark tongues so they won't get sunburned.

And that new baby giraffe is BEYOND cute!

I've been hearing good things about Iceploration. I can't make it to the park again until after my trip to Disney next weekend, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Also, I believe Kasi the cheetah's 1st birthday is coming up soon and I know the park will most likely do something to celebrate. He's such a cutie pie!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby eagleshot2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Been searching these forums for the past few weeks. I wish I knew about this place years ago..

Anyways, I'm planning on visiting this park next Friday. I live in the Boston area and my kids have school vacation next week. I know that the WDW parks will be jammed. What do you think the crowds will be like for this park on a Friday?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Non existent. Unless there are Brazilian tour groups (Like yesterday). In that case, keep your kids close.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Can someone tell me if Easter Sunday and Monday will be alright to visit crowd-wise??

Thanks!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 am

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press advisory regarding the launch of their own Pinterest account
Busch Gardens Launches Pinterest Account

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is releasing a new way for fans to connect with the park via its new Pinterest account. Pinterest, known as the world’s fastest growing web site ever, is a photo and video sharing social website and virtual pinboard where users “pin” or bookmark images and videos of interest to them onto categorized boards they’ve created.

Follow the park’s Pinterest page for boards dedicated to adorable baby animal photos, park and special event news, and suggestions for giving gifts of adventure. Fans and followers are also encouraged to “pin” photos and videos of their own adventures in the park onto their boards (using #BuschGardensTampa in the description), and Busch Gardens will “repin” them onto its “From Our Guests’ View” board.

You can also follow the Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Blog or connect on Facebook and Twitter.

Adventure Island has also sent us a press release regarding their upcoming season!

Adventure Island kicks off another season of fun in the sun on Saturday, March 10. It’s time again to splash in the wave pool, amble down the Rambling Bayou, race down speed slides including Everglides and Riptide or just kick back on the beach amidst a tropical Key West setting,

Best reason to come again and again this year? The valuable Adventure Island Weekday Pass allows you to play weekdays all season long at a valuable price. And extended hours return all summer long.

BEST OFFERS:
The best value to visit all season long is the Adventure Island Weekday Pass.
  • Play Weekdays All Season long. Enjoy unlimited weekday access to Adventure Island during the 2012 season with no blackout dates.
  • Valid Mondays through Fridays, March 12 through Sept. 3, 2012
  • Purchase at AdventureIsland.com, 1-888-800-5447 or at Adventure Island or Busch Gardens front gates.
  • The Adventure Island Weekday Pass is $49.99 for adults and $45.99 for children.

For the best deal on a single-day ticket, buy online at AdventureIsland.com and save $5.

EXTENDED HOURS ALL SUMMER LONG
Hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 11 through Aug. 12, ALL SUMMER LONG -- not just during Island Nights. That’s more time to enjoy the thrills, water attractions and family fun offered at Adventure Island.

And Island Nights returns as well, offering the perfect excuse to stay late this summer. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 5 to 9 p.m., June 14 to Aug. 11, it’s a vacation from the everyday with music, inspiring cuisine and family-friendly beach activities in addition to all the thrilling slides, tube rides and water-drenched fun of Adventure Island.

CABANAS: To make the most of your Adventure Island visit, rent a cabana for a shaded, exclusive spot for your family and friends to gather throughout the day. Each cabana includes four chaise lounges, a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, a mini-fridge with assorted drinks and four souvenir towels. Daily rental prices range from $99.99 to $189.99, based on the time of year.

From the moment guests enter Adventure Island, they are immersed in a Key West-themed paradise. The 30-acre water park features thrilling slides and tube rides including Riptide, Wahoo Run, Key West Rapids, Runaway Rapids, Everglides, Calypso Coaster, Aruba Tuba, Caribbean Corkscrew, Water Moccasin and Gulf Scream. Guests can also kick back on the beach or in the 17,000-square-foot wave pool, play on professional sand volleyball courts, breeze through the tropical gift shop or let the current sweep them through a half-mile of lush landscapes and tropical waterfalls on the Rambling Bayou.

Visit AdventureIsland.com for daily operating hours. Single-day admission tickets for Adventure Island are $44.99 for adults and $40.99 for children. Children ages 2 and younger are free, and all children must be accompanied by an adult. All prices are per person, plus tax. Park hours are subject to change. Visit http://www.adventureisland.com for more information.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 am

I went to Busch Gardens 4 times over the past two weekends (I haven't had a pass this year, so I needed catching up ;) ) and I noticed a few things. First, this was the first time I've seen Montu's new QuickQueue line. It's very nice that it cuts through to the loading area rather than before where it would go through the exit. It fits nicely as well with the new wall in the regular path. However, 3 of those days had completely full parking lots. And in 4 of those days there was absolutely no line for Montu. So still no need for QuickQueue for Montu. Second, Kumba seems to be switching over to black restraints as well. :?r Only one train had the switch so far. Third, the path between Ubanga-Banga bumper cars and the skyride has been blocked off. Now you must go through Jungala. My roommate works on Skyride, and he said that the rumor is that many people have commented that they didn't know Jungala existed, let alone there is an awesome tiger exhibit! So they did that to force people to walk around and see more.
WP_000043.jpg
This is right after the tunnel under Montu's lift. The QuickQueue is on the right.
WP_000040.jpg
I think this looks even worse than Montu. :(
WP_000041.jpg
I really don't understand how people miss the tiger exhibit on the map as well. Oh well, now we take 26 more seconds to get to the same spot +/- the time spent gawking at the orangutans and tigers.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Wow, Pinterest is really blowing up lately. Not long ago, I knew of, like, two people who had an account. Now I read or hear about it every few days! I have one or two annoyances with the site, but with its popularity it seems like a great way to connect with fans. I wonder what other parks might pop up there.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Ugh...I know that the black restraints don't look dirty...it just takess the original colors out of it and put a black one into it. BGW has red restraints on all their B&M coasters...will they change them to black too?
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:59 pm

It really ruins how striking the trains are...it's honestly really ugly to have black restraints on black seats, especially on a ride with not that sort of dark theme.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!