Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

larrygator wrote:Cast members were informed of the following yesterday. WDW Parks will be enforcing the one hour window on all Fast Passes

Disney's FASTPASS service return time reminder
02/08/2012

In order to provide the best experience possible for everyone at our theme parks, all Walt Disney World Guests will be expected to return within their Disney's FASTPASS return time window, effective March 7.

Disney's FASTPASS service plays an important role in our Guests' ability to enjoy their visit to one of our Walt Disney World theme parks, and our ability to provide this great service is dependent upon Guests returning during the designated window. The vast majority of our Guests are aware of their return times and arrive in the window printed on the Disney's FASTPASS ticket.

As more Guests choose to take advantage of this feature, we want to provide the same opportunity to everyone. By asking all Guests to return within the window printed on their pass, more Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy this great service.

This is not a change, but simply a reminder of our existing policy. All Cast Members are expected to adhere to this policy when visiting the parks as Guests.

I would hate to be the Cast Members that are going to have to enforce this policy change. They already get chewed out by guests when their children don't meet a certain hight requirement. I can only imagine the reaction to telling a guest that they are an hour or two late and cant ride.

I wonder how long Disney will enforce this policy before giving it up.

I hope this policy stays far, far away from Disneyland.
Apollos Chariot #1!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 pm

I always just went back during my time slot... I thought that's what you were supposed to do already!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Most people do already go during the time. Its only a handful of people who don't come on time, and even less who actually know you can go late and abuse they system (mainly Annual Pass holders IMO). That being said, for WDW, I don't see this having a large impact, as there aren't that many APs there. But at Disneyland... I can see a lot of people don't go back on time for what ever reason. I know I go late on occasion, but its mostly just a bit late, not hours.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby dougstanton » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Last edited by dougstanton on Fri May 16, 2014 6:06 pm.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/video-walt-disney-imagineering-talks-sorcerers-of-the-magic-kingdom-game/

Last month, we gave you an exclusive sneak peek at Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, the new interactive game that has been testing at Magic Kingdom Park for several weeks.

So many of you expressed enthusiasm to learn more about the experience that we’ve gone straight to the source to find the answers. Check out the following video, in which Jonathan Ackley, Project Producer & Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering, shares more about the game.

frm883893LARGE.jpg
win113849LARGE.jpg
wiz228492LARGE.jpg
crd332838LARGE.jpg
map442829LARGE.jpg
lrg994374LARGE.jpg
hat558745LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/part-of-new-fantasylands-storybook-circus-will-open-by-late-march-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Who’s ready for an update on New Fantasyland? I just heard that the first elements of Storybook Circus will open by late March, marking the first in a series of progressive openings for the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history.

Among the first experiences to open will be one carousel of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, a re-themed Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini and the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad.

In designing Storybook Circus, Imagineers were inspired by Disney’s animated film, “Dumbo.” When complete later this year, the area will be filled with multicolored circus tents and other nods to the film. The section will also feature Casey Jr., the famous locomotive from the movie, who has rolled into town, bringing the circus with him.

Beyond Storybook Circus and as we mentioned in a previous post, the Disney Princesses will be getting a new home at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. The last day of operation for this attraction will be Thursday, May 31.

We look forward to sharing more with you throughout the year as our work progresses.
cjf018371LARGE.jpg
goo496753LARGE.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 am

I posted the in the Disneyland thread but thought those of you on the East Coast would want to hear about it as well.

The Disney Mobile Magic App that was Verizon only is now available for all iPhone users, and a few other non-important phones! Verizon customers do get some additional features, but the main features are available for all.

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/disney-parks-mobile-magic-app-is-now-free/

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 pm

^I saw this yesterday and was pretty happy! Especially after just talking about it last weekend at Disneyland. It's almost as if Disney was listening in on our conversation and got it on iPhones for us! ;) Interested to try it out next time we're at the parks to see if it's accurate and how well it works.

In other news, Adam (or any other disney loser), have you heard anything about special food offerings at the Magic Kingdom during the 24 hour leap day celebration similar to what Disneyland is doing?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:35 pm

They are really going to town on Fantasyland. I'm still a bit disappointed they are taking out Snow White to make yet another Meet and Greet.

Maybe they can move all of the Snow White stuff from MK to Disneyland and have the ending make sense for once. :p

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:57 am

^ Speaking of the Fantasyland expansion, here's some more nice aerials from February 12th.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!