Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby australianalex » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm

The great thing with Intamins restraints is that even if the ride has OTSR's, they'll still not be very restricting. I know on the rides Ive been on with Intamins new OTSR's I haven't really noticed them coming in contact with my body at all.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Gigalyte » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

UrbanLegend wrote:
Gigalyte wrote:If I were to ever become rich and start my own park I would want an entire Intamin showcase park, well I'd have a B&M invert in there but the rest would be Intamin Intamin Intamin :lover:

Get ready ready to have all of your rides be broken down or temporarily closed due to litigation... well, all but one! ;)

I knew it wouldn't be long before a negative Nancy brought that up :x I love Intamin rides so I'm willing to take that risk, it would by MY park!!! so that would be my risk to take :roll:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 am

Gigalyte wrote:
UrbanLegend wrote:
Gigalyte wrote:If I were to ever become rich and start my own park I would want an entire Intamin showcase park, well I'd have a B&M invert in there but the rest would be Intamin Intamin Intamin :lover:

Get ready ready to have all of your rides be broken down or temporarily closed due to litigation... well, all but one! ;)

I knew it wouldn't be long before a negative Nancy brought that up :x I love Intamin rides so I'm willing to take that risk, it would by MY park!!! so that would be my risk to take :roll:

"Nancy" was just speaking the truth. No need to get upset about it.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:56 am

Not that it really matters hehe, but will the "Dive" affect which side the lapbar connects to?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 am

Schotcher wrote:Not that it really matters hehe, but will the "Dive" affect which side the lapbar connects to?

Pretty sure it will be anchored on both sides.

Similar to this (courtesy of RCDB again) -
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 am

Hersheypark has sent us a press release announcing the launch of a new Skyrush Facebook campaign.

From March 1 through March 31, fans of the Hersheypark Facebook page can participate in ”Join the Rush,” a promotion that gives them the opportunity to save up to $20 on Hersheypark tickets and enter to win one of the first rides on Skyrush.

Skyrush, which features unique winged outer seating, will become the longest, tallest and fastest roller coaster at Hersheypark when it opens in May. Through “Join the Rush,” Hersheypark fans will have the opportunity to create their own virtual Skyrush train and invite their Facebook friends to ride along.
The more friends who “accept” the invitation to join the train, the greater the savings on Hersheypark tickets. Pricing is as follows:

• Fill a train with one to four friends, save $16 off regular admission
  • Fill a train with five to eight friends, save $18 off regular admission
  • Fill a train with nine to 12 friends, save $20 off regular admission
Participants also are automatically entered into a sweepstakes to win Hersheypark tickets, an overnight stay at Hershey Lodge and one of the first rides on Skyrush with all their friends from the virtual train.

Tickets must be purchased online by April 15, and the discount applies only to the purchase of regular one-day admission. Tickets mush be redeemed by July 1, 2012, and there’s a limit of 10 tickets per transaction.

For more information, visit http://www.Facebook.com/Hersheypark and click on “Join the Rush.”
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:54 pm

I can not stop coming here and looking at the pictures of Skyrush!! Can not wait to visit this coming season and ride it - I have to plan a none weekend day so I can get lots of rides in on it.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:10 pm

I cannot get over how simply phenomenal Skyrush looks!! This coaster looks like it has the potential to have absolutely everything I love in a coaster crammed into one heavenly ride! I will be there at some point this spring/summer to ride this beast - there is NO question about that! =)

And the general look of the coaster, for me anyway, is gorgeous. Their color choices were so spot-on with this one. Not to mention, Hershey is one of the masters of weaving rides/coasters in and around one another. The interactions between rides are part of the fun!

As for that first drop? Ummmm, yeah..... :lover: :lover:
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:45 pm

This looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm surprised at how much they constructed in such a short time.

Hey, Ccron10, would you please be so kind as to do top view photoshop of the blueprints that shows how many track pieces are left?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Tanks4me05 wrote:This looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm surprised at how much they constructed in such a short time.

Hey, Ccron10, would you please be so kind as to do top view photoshop of the blueprints that shows how many track pieces are left?

Oh! thanks for reminding me, I knew I was forgetting something!
skyrush-site-plan-02610a64c4b4f977 2-15.jpg
As of 2-15-12, Only three areas of track to add: the far turnaround, the turn before the Stengel, and the reduction brake.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!