TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

After seeing ads for this company's (Polin; it's a Turkish-based waterslide company) I've always been wondering why we haven't had any slides from them stateside; they looked quite the unique addition to any park. I'm happy that not only is this coming to a park stateside, but we're going to the park for New Hotness!

A racing boomerang slide! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

I'd kill for something like that to come to the left coast! It just looks absolutely awesome!

Don't worry, I'm sure if it does well in Jersey you will soon get one in Valencia.

I love the look to this slide, and good to see so much positive attention to it hear in this thread. Between this and the Star Flyer gadv is certainly being generous with the thrills this year! Bravo!

(Wouldn't mind a wingrider next year though SFGAdv

I don't get why Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Texas has not made their HUGE announcement for their new ride. Under the "more news' tab it states "New for 2012, Dive Bomber, a 5-story free fall experience that will leave you breathless!" So why isn't there an announcement or any news about it. The front page of their site doesn't have any info on it ether? Strange... www.sixflags.com/hurricaneHarborTexas/info/news.aspx

King Cobra is scheduled to open this summer in lieu of the Dive Bomber drop capsule. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.
Does this mean they will not be adding the Dive Bomber to the speed slide as announced in September?

Sadly yes... I would love to have both but saving money for next year will be great!

Edited by robbalvey

And to think I was about to stop renewing my season pass...it seems the post-Shapiro era is set to be a good one for SFGAdv. A couple more solid flats next year, and then we can start talking about another coaster. This slide (especially if it ends up on the central island) is a magnificent addition to HH, far better than any dropbox would have been. I hope that never happens and we continue to see innovative additions like King Cobra going forward.

This certainly looks like a pretty good ride. I'm guessing it will have more appeal than a trapdoor slide would have. The only thing that could potentially be a problem is capacity, as halfpipe slides tend to have slow moving lines. Other than that, defintely looks like something worth trying if I ever get around to visiting this waterpark, and the theming design for it should make the ride much more attractive than most standard slides.

This whole thing doesn't seem weird to anyone else?!!?

Didn't they announce a real manufacturer adding the Drop Pod onto one of their slides back in the fall? If that fell through why not get that manufacturer to supply a slide? Why did they go with some random Eastern European company? I'm assuming it's a cost thing, but this all seems a bit odd to me. Add in the fact that it has an old school halfpipe finale which will kill capacity and I just don't get it!