TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

If it is a park that it was sold to it was probably international, and not very large. I'm thinking this because parks in this country would probably stray away from something with as much bad publicity as chiller.

A park is not going to care about negative publicity (unless a death was involved) but they could be scared away by the maintenance issues.

Edited by larrygator

I miss chiller sure it hurt at some points but still it was fun! Also I was in the park when I saw that there was a picnic thing back there and people were going through the gates that are normally blocked off I went in chiller station is just right there all the theming is in tack it was incredible!

American Coaster Enthusiats New Jersey Region Facebook:

Six Flags Great Adventure just announced "On Monday Morning Six Flags Great Adventure will unveil a massive, new attraction slated for its HH water park this summer. This new addition marks the first of its kind in the US and will be a "must ride" for any water thrill enthusiats."

The 2012 announcements just keep getting better

Here it is! Hurricane Harbor to add King Cobra in 2012!

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54599-six-flags-hurricane-harbor-new-water-slide-king-cobra-summer-2012

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces Massive, Cobra-Themed Water Slide for 2012

Eye-popping, racing slide marks first of its kind in U.S.

Jackson, NJ — February 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park, today announced the addition of King Cobra, an intense and visually-stunning, racing tube slide, opening at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Summer 2012.

King Cobra promises one of the most extreme riding experiences in the industry while also delivering great spectator appeal. Complete with bold orange, black and yellow scales to resemble a massive cobra on both the interior and exterior, this slide tower will be the first of its kind anywhere in the United States. King Cobra’s unique configuration enables two tubes to race through a circular path with twists, turns and surprises through enclosed and open sections of the slide at speeds up to 32 miles per hour. The ride’s finale features a sudden, 25-foot plunge at a 50-degree angle with riders racing until the heart-pounding finish as they appear to be swallowed by the massive mouth of the cobra.

King Cobra is manufactured by Polin, a world leader in the aquatic industry with its innovative design, manufacturing and installation of water parks in 80 countries around the globe. King Cobra marks Polin’s first major U.S. installation in the company’s 35-year history.

“We are thrilled to work with Polin on this landmark project, and are confident that King Cobra’s intense ride experience and unparalleled design will make it our most popular and entertaining attraction,” said Park President John Fitzgerald.

King Cobra is scheduled to open this summer in lieu of the Dive Bomber drop capsule. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

54599-King-Cobra-head-closeup-original.thumb.jpg.a5edd9f1ed1fbf65793279d7f587b9c1.jpg

54599-King-Cobra-wide-shot-original.thumb.jpg.a5be998f4c9fafe2c9c9a50713d5dd74.jpg

54599-King-Cobra-rider-closeup-original.thumb.jpg.4796fe1a04bb12821d9880beb77e2b81.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

This looks like a Great addition for the complex in addition to the SkyScreamer and flats, 2012 is a great year! It looks like this thing has airtime too

This is just what Great Adventure needed in my mind. They already have world class coasters, so it seems like they are building back up their flats collection. This park has come a long way since the early 2000's.

You won't find me arguing against anything that moves people away from the dry park. The only addition I could think of that would top this is the installation of powerful lighting/floodlights that would allow water parks to stay open past nightfall.