TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It makes me wonder if this is part one of a multi-year or multi-phase plan, which also involves eventually removing Wildcat to add something in that area...a family coaster, or 'updated' wild mouse coaster perhaps. Removing that screen opens up a lot of space, and a move like that wouldn't surprise me at all considering Wildcat's recent track record.

It makes me wonder if this is part one of a multi-year or multi-phase plan, which also involves eventually removing Wildcat to add something in that area...a family coaster, or 'updated' wild mouse coaster perhaps. Removing that screen opens up a lot of space, and a move like that wouldn't surprise me at all considering Wildcat's recent track record.

The screen doesn't take up much space its self, unless you are counting the midway where guests view the show?

Yes, that's what I implied. That viewing area took up a fairly large chunk, and (obviously) had to be kept open and free from obstructions due to the show. I believe Iron Dragon, for whatever reason, even had to temporarily shut down during the show as well? Now the entire area from the train station clear to the Sky Ride's station (plus Wildcat's area if need be) is all open and fair game with no restrictions because of a laser show.

Also, weren't there rumors that the car ride behind Raptor's cobra roll (I want to say the Cadillac one, but I can't remember which one was rumored...maybe both?) might be on the way out? If so, that only extends the portion of land, opening up a whole hell of a lot more.

YAY!! The big ugly screen is coming down. That laser show ran its course and it's time for it come down plus it was a bottleneck that was hell to walk through when the show was over.

I sort of miss having the Giant Wheel where it used to be. Nice views of the middle of the park from there.

I believe Iron Dragon, for whatever reason, even had to temporarily shut down during the show as well? Now the entire area from the train station clear to the Sky Ride's station (plus Wildcat's area if need be) is all open and fair game with no restrictions because of a laser show.

Also, weren't there rumors that the car ride behind Raptor's cobra roll (I want to say the Cadillac one, but I can't remember which one was rumored...maybe both?) might be on the way out? If so, that only extends the portion of land, opening up a whole hell of a lot more.

Both Iron Dragon and Wildcat did shut down for the show but would reopen immediately afterwards when the park was open past 10.

One thing that gets in the way of using the Iron Dragon midway is the former IMAX theater now Good Time Theater. To rip that out would be a large undertaking. (I think it's too big to house an ice skating show that will eventually get old and really too big to house any other kind of show). But other than that the Dodgems and Wildcat could be relocated but given the recent history with Wildcat I don't know if they'd do that or just try to sell it.

I believe the rumor is that Turnpike was going to be removed and the Cadillac Cars (you're correct - they are the ones behind Raptor's cobra roll) would be rerouted.

One of the other plots of real-estate in that area rumured to be opened up is the Cedars Dorms. With rumors of big changes coming to cp employee housing, we could easily see Cedars be officially retired. Using wildcats spot to access that land is more than enough room for a big ride.

One of the other plots of real-estate in that area rumured to be opened up is the Cedars Dorms. With rumors of big changes coming to cp employee housing, we could easily see Cedars be officially retired. Using wildcats spot to access that land is more than enough room for a big ride.

Damn, that almost doubles the already-big potential open area of land. I think it's very possible they have something big up their sleeve.

That's good to hear about the dorms for the employees' sake also, in my opinion. With all the horror stories about how bad they are/were, better living quarters equals happier employees, and happier employees equals a better experience for us.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

WOW, I look like a donkey ass now. haha. Well the Cedars Dorms are nice to have on point for employees without transport to and from work. Mostly the international employees end up there as it is. They are in dire need or major renovation though so I can foresee them being one of the next of the old structures to go, but I can also see them being rebuilt in the same location or moved to a smaller plot of land. Them and Golds Dorms by the water tower...

Damn, that almost doubles the already-big potential open area of land. I think it's very possible they have something big up their sleeve.

Lets not forget though that the rumor about Cedars being torn down because of the conditions has been around since at least 2000. Although the rumor now has a chance of being real more then ever.

That being said, if they are torn down I would bet the farm on them using that land for more parking. That end of the lot fills up quick because you have at least 208 boat slips plus Famous Dave's, the Marina Office and HR/Purchasing all needing parking. I could see Perimeter Road being shifted to the left a little (towards the Marina) to give more space behind the Goodtime Theater, Wildcat and the Engine House for vehicle access. I just don't see that land being use for any kind of new attraction.

Yeah they don't need to start building rides that exist 90% outside of the park

*cough*magnum..

In all seriousness I do agree best used for more parking or possibly a new hr/employee housing building. Anyone who says cp is out of room clearly hasn't been to Indiana Beach