TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

At least it's taller than most other hypers!

I'm not going to bother speculating much on the ride experience, seeing as how I love the less popular B&M hypers (Raging Bull, Diamondback) and don't really care for the better-liked ones (Nitro, Goliath at La Ronde). But generally I still have a favorable attitude toward them, even though they're common and relatively tame.

Now THAT is an update I can get excited about! Those are some very cool shots of great progress. I'm definitely interested to see what the finished product looks like. Even if it is another forceless, cookie cutter Beemer, I still think that B&M hypers are gorgeous to behold.

-Doug "More updates like this, please" Heim

The park is closed, so "we" only can provide "us" good quality of photos and videos ONLY if the park wants. And the park is very strict when it comes to providing photographs or videos from inside the park. Personally I am very surprised to see the quality of video and photos we have today of the coaster.

But the rest of the time, the photos must be taken from far away and only from certain points, so the low quality of most of the photos.

That certainly wasn't a swipe at you, egiptologo. I understand from previous posts that the park is very strict about photos. I was just saying that the update was fantastic. Even the blurry photo was great, as it showed significant, visible progress. I look forward to seeing the completed drop, as well as hills and turn-arounds.

Of course it might just be a perspective effect, but the second hill looks sharp in the last couple of pics. Also, it seems Shambhala is getting a low to the ground elongated hill before it reaches the second camelback. Very reminiscent of Leviathan hill through the trees. I have never ridden a B&M with this kind of low to the ground speed hill, as the others all seemed to be filled with hills of decreasing height one after another. Let's hope this part of the ride is surprisingly good, althoug I expect the carrussel helix to remove a large part of the energy the train has when hitting this element. But I'm very pleased with what I see so far !

This thing looks great, I really love the color scheme on it. I know B&M Hyper/Speed coasters aren't the enthusiasts communities favorites to ride but they sure are impressive in pictures!

Was there ever a layout picture of this thing posted anywhere? I don't remember seeing one anywhere.

Oh cool, thanks! I actually think I had seen that before, I was looking for a a artist rendering or the layout or something which i haven't seen anywhere yet, but oh well. Still looks like it will be good coaster, and a nice addition to Port Aventura's lineup.

^I secretely hope it will be LOL . So I have my two favourite B&M's in the world at my favourite theme park I agree though that more recent B&M's are less forcefull than old school Dragon Khan but if this one delivers decent airtime (equivalent to Nitro's) , I'll be more than satisfied !