Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby RoCo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

I must say, I wasn't all that interested in this game, but it does look very cool! Awesome write-up!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby neovortex2k » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Oh wow the card game looks cool. I Like.
I wonder if they are going to start selling them and have them the new craze like pin trading and Vinlymation.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:01 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:Image

Someone got nostalgic when Mr Toad came up...this was my kicker. It's been about 8 1/2 years since I went on, but I remember it as if it was last week; I can still feel the breathing down my neck! :cry:

As for the game, I'm not sure what to think of it; it seems really creative, but I've never been into the whole RPG style games like Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, and Kingdom Hearts that have the leveled attacks. I just found the idea behind it really confusing. Hopefully I'm in the minority here, because it looks really neat and should be a hit with people into RPGs.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby imagenius128 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I think this looks pretty cool, and was a good move on Disney's part. I've always wanted stuff at parks to be much more personalized and interactive, and this looks like a pretty good start to getting there. I'm going to the parks tomorrow, so I'll definitely try this out and see what I think about it.
Coasters: 49 / Parks: 12

I'm too lazy to go get one of the cool looking credit counters :P

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Ginny » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 am

Thanks for the great report Adam.

Although I was there in October, it looks like I'll need a map to get around next time I'm visit MK.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TPOLMike » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:49 pm

I was at the park today and got pictures of Eli doing the parade and interviews. Although I'm not a huge sports fan, it's always cool to be so close to the professionals, especially a day after the Super Bowl! Lots of Giants fans turned out, but not as many as the Packers last year.

http://thepointol.com/walt-disney-world/photo-gallery-eli-manning-super-bowl-parade-at-magic-kingdom/

http://thepointol.com/walt-disney-world/photo-gallery-eli-manning-super-bowl-parade-at-magic-kingdom/
Last edited by TPOLMike on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm.
Cedar Point information and photos - ThePointOL.com

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

^Do you mind editing your post to include larger photos? Those are somewhat difficult to see.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:52 am

Cast members were informed of the following yesterday. WDW Parks will be enforcing the one hour window on all Fast Passes

Disney's FASTPASS service return time reminder
02/08/2012

In order to provide the best experience possible for everyone at our theme parks, all Walt Disney World Guests will be expected to return within their Disney's FASTPASS return time window, effective March 7.

Disney's FASTPASS service plays an important role in our Guests' ability to enjoy their visit to one of our Walt Disney World theme parks, and our ability to provide this great service is dependent upon Guests returning during the designated window. The vast majority of our Guests are aware of their return times and arrive in the window printed on the Disney's FASTPASS ticket.

As more Guests choose to take advantage of this feature, we want to provide the same opportunity to everyone. By asking all Guests to return within the window printed on their pass, more Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy this great service.

This is not a change, but simply a reminder of our existing policy. All Cast Members are expected to adhere to this policy when visiting the parks as Guests.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/look-for-these-new-kids-menu-items-starting-feb-15-in-magic-kingdom-park/

While some little ones are content with mac ‘n cheese or a burger, other young guests have a, well, more sophisticated approach to dining. Four Magic Kingdom Park table-service restaurants are adding some delicious new dishes just for kids for ages 3 to 9. At Tony’s Town Square, look for a steak skewer “spiedini” with roasted sweet potato fries and fresh fruit (spiedini refers to cubes of meat cooked on a skewer, an Italian specialty). Also at Tony’s, a grilled cheese sandwich on multigrain bread sliced into “dippers” with tomato sauce on the side should appeal to just about any child.

Liberty Tree Tavern is featuring a new barbecued chicken and pineapple flatbread pizza with a side of crisp veggies and apples, or oven-roasted turkey with mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit.

At Cinderella’s Royal Table, youngsters can try the new chicken drumette with rice and broccolini, grilled beef skewers with mashed potatoes and corn, or a chicken pot pie topped with a biscuit crust. (We want to try that one.)

And The Plaza Restaurant has a kids’ plate with grilled chicken slices, cous cous and a fresh fruit skewer. Ah, to be a young ‘un again.
che228495LARGE.jpg
fla339503LARGE.jpg
pot449033LARGE.jpg
spi113859LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am

Liberty Tree Tavern is featuring a new barbecued chicken and pineapple flatbread pizza with a side of crisp veggies.

This looks delicious! I'd like to see an adult portion of this.

Either way, kudos to the resort for re-thinking a lot of their food offerings lately.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!