TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This was posted earlier by someone else (must have been an insider), but I'm not certain unless I see it on the Cedar Point website. It was posted yesterday 2/1/12. Here is the link:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/events-calendar/coastermania

CoasterMania

FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2012

Join us this July for our annual Roller Coaster extravaganza: CoasterMania. Members of qualifying coaster clubs can purchase a ticket that includes, EXCLUSIVE ride time, behind the scenes tours, complimentary lunch and admission to Cedar Point on July 13, 2012! This event is FREE for Cedar Point Platinum and Season Passholders!

Please note: Pre-registration is NOT required for this event. To participate in CoasterMania, please present a valid photo ID along with your roller coaster or amusement park club membership card to any ticket/admission booth on Friday, July 13. All required materials for participation in the CoasterMania events will be distributed at that time.

Event Itinerary

6 a.m. – Admission gates open

6:30 to 7 a.m. – Behind the scenes tour of Top Thrill Dragster

7 to 7:30 a.m. – Behind the scenes tour of Gemini

7:30 to 9 a.m. – ERT on:

Millennium Force

Raptor

Maverick

Iron Dragon

WindSeeker

Blue Streak (9-10 a.m.)

Dodgem (9-10 a.m.)

9 to 10 a.m. – Enjoy Early Entry

10 a.m. – Park opens to public

1 to 2:30 p.m. – Complimentary lunch at the Point Pavilion

11 p.m. – Park closes to public

11:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. – ERT on:

Top Thrill Dragster

Magnum

Gemini

Mean Streak (11:30-12:30)

Wicked Twister (11:30-12:30)

Disaster Transport (11:30-12:30)

Approved Coaster Clubs

You must be a registered member of a Cedar Point-approved roller coaster or amusement park club to attend CoasterMania! Each registered club member may bring one (1) non-member with them to CoasterMania! The following are approved, official roller coaster clubs: CLUB TPR is an approved Coaster Club

It is a 1 day event instead of 2 like the past several years. The best is it's still free with a ticket / season pass and club membership!

Edited by coasternut

CoasterMania is my new goal this year since I'm unable to attend WCB like I wanted. Having never looked into this event I've got a newb question. If I join Club TPR is the event completely free or is there a one day admission needed as well? I couldn't find a clear answer in the release.

CoasterMania is my new goal this year since I'm unable to attend WCB like I wanted. Having never looked into this event I've got a newb question. If I join Club TPR is the event completely free or is there a one day admission needed as well? I couldn't find a clear answer in the release.

It's in the first paragraph. You need to buy a ticket.

Members of qualifying coaster clubs can purchase a ticket that includes, EXCLUSIVE ride time, behind the scenes tours, complimentary lunch and admission to Cedar Point on July 13, 2012! This event is FREE for Cedar Point Platinum and Season Passholders!

While I do understand that for some people the Gemini trains would be better on Cedar Creek than the actual CCMR trains, I'm indifferent about them. Since I'm a skinny, 5'10" guy the trains don't bother me. If they do decide to use the Gemini trains, I just hope that they make them look like they are for CCMR.

It's Cedar Fair; you just hope that they will take the logo off.

That wasn't an old and cliche coaster enthusiast "joke" or anything (notice the quotation marks). JUST KIDDING! It was!

BTW, NEWSFLASH XYZ: Dick Kinzel no longer runs Cedar Fair! These jokes are no longer valid! Stop beating the dead horse already!

Calm DOWN people! The park isn't opening tomorrow! As someone already said, the've got more than three months! Three whole months, give them some time before you jump to conclusion that they're just going to keep the the trains exactly like how they are now. Just wait a little bit!

And, $50 says some enthusiast will freak out if they see another photo like this in a week and it hasn't changed!

Cedar Point's General manager, John Hildebrandt, is now on Twitter and he will be tweeting about updates and news for the park in the upcoming season. He has two tweets so far...

Lots of sunshine on the midway today. Removing old lights on the Giant Wheel, getting ready to ignite the night in 2012!

Walk the midway with the GM of the world's greatest amusement park: Cedar Point. Looking for a new home for Terror Island.

Looks like the cries for a renovated Giant Wheel have been answered and will be incorporated in their new night time show, "Luminosity!". It also appears Cedar point wants to keep Terror Island and move it else where. I'm glad they decided to keep the haunt themed area because its probably my favorite of all the fright zones.

^^ It's about time they fix the lights on the Ferris Wheel... The website said that it was "the ride at CP with the most lights" and when I went last year, I said "What the heck? They need to update their website!" since most of the lights weren't even functioning...

Glad to hear they'll be refurbishing the Ferris Wheel, now I can loo forward to riding it this year again...

And What's this new "Luminosity!" show? I never heard it being announced... can someone update me please? Ahahah

^The GM tweeted it...I'm pretty sure that means its confirmed...

I was answering the question in the post above mine about the details of the show. I never said it wasn't confirmed. As Kyle and myself already mentioned, it was announced (if you can really call it an announcement) back in January in the 'Fun Forward' presentation.

I was hoping coastermania would be a multi-day event again this year. The webpage for it definitely looks stripped down. Can't buy tickets in advance, can't buy hotel packages online either. Hmmmph.

You don't buy tickets for Coastermania. This is the way it's always been. You need a Cedar Point entry method (day ticket, season pass etc.), and show proof of membership in a coaster club - like TPR. That's the way it's always been -- NO CHARGE!!! IMHO the best thing about Cedar Point.