Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby harper83087 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I personally hope they throw the extra gemini trains on CCMR. I really enjoy the ride but even at the average height of 6'1" the original trains are extremely uncomfortable for me.
Total:99, steel:73 wood:26 According to Coaster Counter
Top 5 Steel: Magnum XL-200; X2; Maverick; Alpengeist; Tatsu
Top 5 Wood: Apocalypse; Beast; Mean Streak; Blue Streak; Shivering Timbers

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:00 pm

While I do understand that for some people the Gemini trains would be better on Cedar Creek than the actual CCMR trains, I'm indifferent about them. Since I'm a skinny, 5'10" guy the trains don't bother me. If they do decide to use the Gemini trains, I just hope that they make them look like they are for CCMR.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:51 pm

It's Cedar Fair; you just hope that they will take the logo off. :lol:
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 pm

XYZ wrote:It's Cedar Fair; you just hope that they will take the logo off. :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ABW » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:21 pm

XYZ wrote:It's Cedar Fair; you just hope that they will take the logo off. :lol:

That wasn't an old and cliche coaster enthusiast "joke" or anything (notice the quotation marks). JUST KIDDING! It was!

BTW, NEWSFLASH XYZ: Dick Kinzel no longer runs Cedar Fair! These jokes are no longer valid! Stop beating the dead horse already!

Calm DOWN people! The park isn't opening tomorrow! As someone already said, the've got more than three months! Three whole months, give them some time before you jump to conclusion that they're just going to keep the the trains exactly like how they are now. Just wait a little bit!

And, $50 says some enthusiast will freak out if they see another photo like this in a week and it hasn't changed!

Postby galindoverhere » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Considering it's Cedar Point, they'll change the logo and I will like to see how it will appear on the Gemini trains... I hope they also change the trains themeing so it could look like a "mine ride" =)
- Chris G.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 pm

^^Well everyone else appreciated the joke...no quotations because it doesn't need any.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Cedar Point's General manager, John Hildebrandt, is now on Twitter and he will be tweeting about updates and news for the park in the upcoming season. He has two tweets so far...

Lots of sunshine on the midway today. Removing old lights on the Giant Wheel, getting ready to ignite the night in 2012!

Walk the midway with the GM of the world's greatest amusement park: Cedar Point. Looking for a new home for Terror Island.

Looks like the cries for a renovated Giant Wheel have been answered and will be incorporated in their new night time show, "Luminosity!". It also appears Cedar point wants to keep Terror Island and move it else where. I'm glad they decided to keep the haunt themed area because its probably my favorite of all the fright zones.

Postby galindoverhere » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:13 pm

^^ It's about time they fix the lights on the Ferris Wheel... The website said that it was "the ride at CP with the most lights" and when I went last year, I said "What the heck? They need to update their website!" since most of the lights weren't even functioning...
Glad to hear they'll be refurbishing the Ferris Wheel, now I can loo forward to riding it this year again... :)

And What's this new "Luminosity!" show? I never heard it being announced... can someone update me please? Ahahah :p
- Chris G.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 pm

It hasn't actually be announced yet so details of what it is are just rumors. Only that it is a new night time show is what anyone knows from the "Fun Forward" presentation.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

PreviousNext