Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:43 pm

I don't care what roller coaster it gets compared to at this point.

It looks fantastic, and that's an end of it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Hersheypark has sent us a press release regarding their Skyrush contest allowing participants to create a promotional animation for the ride that if chosen, could be used in their marketing campaign for the ride this Summer!

Skyrush, the 200-foot mega coaster opening for the 2012 Hersheypark summer season, is currently coming to life through the work of a talented construction team. Behind the scenes, Hersheypark is offering the chance for coaster enthusiasts to help share the Skyrush message by doing some building of their own. The “Hersheypark Skyrush Contest” offers applicants an opportunity to join the excitement by creating and submitting a video that could be used in the Park’s 2012 summer marketing campaign. The winning video will be highlighted at the Park and on http://www.Hersheypark.com. The contest winner also will receive a Hersheypark Season Pass.

To enter the contest, applicants should visit http://www.Hersheypark.com/contests/Skyrush_animation/index.php, where they’ll find a complete list of rules and a toolkit containing approved logos, ride specifications and music tracks. Applicants must be 18 years or older and all entries must be under two minutes in length.

The deadline to submit entries is midnight on Thursday, February 16. Videos will be judged by a panel of Hersheypark management on the following criteria: accuracy of ride experience, 30 percent; accuracy of background, 20 percent; excitement, 25 percent; and adherence to the submission requirements, 25 percent.

Visit this page for more information: http://www.hersheypark.com/contests/skyrush_animation/index.php
skyrush_illus.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Myself wrote:Anybody still think it's ugly now??? ;) LOVE it!

Yep. :lol:

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 pm

From this new height, we can see how much taller the drop is than the rest of the layout. I predict that the trains will be flying over those airtime hills very quickly. :b
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 pm

^Yeah, judging by the fact that you can't even see the second hill in that second picture on this page...if it's taken like how I305 takes its second hill, then this thing is already in my top ten and it isn't even ready to test yet!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:26 pm

^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:26 pm

^LOL!!! :roll:

Skycoastin Steve wrote:
Myself wrote:Anybody still think it's ugly now??? ;) LOVE it!

I dont think it looks ugly; however, I like i305's look better. It just seems cleaner then what they did here.

But I am happy its topped of, it looks great!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

The supports are built, and aren't visible (or hardly visible) in that picture. So my point is exactly that, that you can't see them in that picture, and since you can't see them you'll hardly see the track itself when it's there. I'm not that stupid.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Looking good.....however.....
eb99b6ce4b7111e180c9123138016265_7.jpg
Looking like a sexy 200ft Log Flume :)
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:39 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:
Skycoastin Steve wrote:^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

The supports are built, and aren't visible (or hardly visible) in that picture. So my point is exactly that, that you can't see them in that picture, and since you can't see them you'll hardly see the track itself when it's there. I'm not that stupid.

The ride is going to be trimmed somewhere, I don't expect it to be flying through the entire layout without any slowing. So even if you cant see the (non-exsistant) second hill yet, id guess it wont be going full speed into it.

But what do I know, I just heard that from the Chocolate Bar out front. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!