Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby ILoveRides » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

One suggestion for the company might be to add a fleet of GT-Rs as a lower priced option. They'd give a lot of the same experience, but would be a cheaper option. I'm not saying anything is overpriced - I don't think it is - I'm just saying that having a budget option might attract an even bigger audience, and the GT-R is an absolutely amazing car for the money.
Last edited by ILoveRides on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 pm.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:20 pm

^ Agreed. I can't quite remember the timeline, but somewhere around the announcement that they'd be at the Disney track, the company asked fans to actually name the "experience," sign up for updates, and take part in a poll that asked which 5(?)vehicles they should showcase.

I'm curious how much of that solicited advice they actually used? Three of my suggestions made the cut. Left out were the Aston Martin DB9 and the GT-R.

As for the paddles, I've driven an older model Maserati with early-generation shifters, and wasn't too impressed. However, they've come a LONG way since then, and I'll definitely use 'em in the 458 for the authentic experience. =)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:28 pm

^^ That is a good idea. On the other end of the spectrum, a GT1.

The drive along could be Max Papis in a 333 SP. =)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby OCJ48 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Maybe a Koenigsegg Agera for like $1-$1.5k? For those who want the ultimate experience. Hard to beat 1k+ horsepower and 1.6g cornering.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:55 pm

^ They pretty much said you'll never see a Koenigsegg, Zonda, Veyron, etc. there....ever. In fact, none of the "ultimate driving adventures" that have sprung up all over the place will probably ever offer you something along those lines.

You think the insurance is high with what they have now....... :wink:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 am

Something else that makes this Exotic Driving Experience tower over all the other competitors out there is that you don't have to show proof of insurance, buy some crazy policy, or leave a credit card with a $10k limit which a lot of those other ones do!

You pay a flat $35 which absolves you from ANY damage or wear and tear to the car. So you spin out on a corner and crash the car into the wall, no worries! The only caveat to that is INTENTIONAL damage. So don't try to test out the Ferrari's airbags by crashing into a wall on purpose, cause then you're on the hook!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 am

SharkTums wrote:Something else that makes this Exotic Driving Experience tower over all the other competitors out there is that you don't have to show proof of insurance, buy some crazy policy, or leave a credit card with a $10k limit which a lot of those other ones do!

You pay a flat $35 which absolves you from ANY damage or wear and tear to the car. So you spin out on a corner and crash the car into the wall, no worries!

Perfect for Craig Knight.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:24 am

Without turning this into a car thread, you would need the GT-R Premium package, not the standard car. Standard GT-R is nice but not going to give you the same feel that a Gallardo or 458 gives you. Then again, all of these cars are on a track thats way too small to really show you what its capable of. Which is probably good.

Im going on a supercar drive in Jersey where I get to drive 6 different cars for 20-30min a peice. all of the cars at Disney are in this drive including a Bentley and a few others to choose from. They have said we will be in some areas where you can push the throttle...but still public roads. I think some of the larger tracks with infield courses (like a 1.5mi track) should do this.

At any rate, Im looking forward to the next time Im at Disney. I know where youll find me. :br

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Loved this report, will have to do this some day.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/landscape-of-flavors-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort-at-walt-disney-world/

“Better-for-you” options at five mini shops serving breakfast, lunch and dinner is the overarching theme of the new Landscape of Flavors food court still being tweaked for Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, opening in May. The new restaurant will be adjacent to the lobby.

“The idea is that you customize your choice,” says Chef Ed Wronski, Director, Food & Beverage Concept Development, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “From burgers to pasta, salads, ethnic flavors, omelets, even parfaits and gelatos, everything is made fresh as you order.”

There’s a big focus on beverages, too. Fresh fruit smoothies are made to order, ditto for lemonade and pomegranate limeade. They’re stocking organic teas, beer (including gluten free), wine, coffee and juices. You can get a plain cup of coffee or a French vanilla or mocha iced. And half bottles of wine are paired with cuisine from the food shops.

We got a sneak peek at the menu, and here are some of the highlights:

The Soup-Salad-Sandwich Shop lets you create your own salad (with beef or chicken) and offers a caprese sandwich with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes on focaccia, or a Buffalo-style turkey sandwich with arugula and a blue cheese-Buffalo sauce-mayo spread. Both are served with delish house-made potato chips.

The World Flavors Shop adds Indian-African flair to breakfast, too, with scrambled eggs, tandoor potatoes, Portuguese sausage, slab bacon and a mini-naan; or a veggie flatbread sandwich on naan with cauliflower, spinach and paneer. Lunch and dinner is a choice of tandoori chicken or shrimp, Mongolian beef with vegetables, mahi mahi, Portuguese sausage or roasted acorn squash served with sides and naan bread.

The Pizza Shop features make-your-own pasta, cheese and pepperoni pizzas and meatballs on ciabatta bread. Room delivery is an option, too.

The Burger Shop includes a breakfast burger with chicken breakfast sausage, cheese and scrambled eggs on a multi-grain bun, and a steak-and-eggs breakfast burger with a burger topped with fried eggs, cheese and bacon. Besides the traditional burgers, lunch and dinner includes a surf and turf burger with crab cake and fried popcorn shrimp, and a pastrami cheeseburger topped with pepper jack cheese and a slice of fried green tomato.

The “grab ‘n go” Market Shop offers drinks, yogurt, bagels, pastries, gourmet cupcakes, cookies and gelato.

The food court will be part of the Disney Dining Plan, details to follow.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/new-tastes-at-crossroads-at-house-of-blues-in-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

We’re fans of House of Blues just for the incredible collection of folk art – we visit just to enjoy the fantastic paintings. When we headed back last week, we found some new menu items – and tweaks to old favorites.

If you loved the HOB shrimp and grits, the new version is just as delicious, but now the grits are fried in a crispy cake, smothered in a chipotle garlic cream sauce with six pan-seared shrimp. If you’re trying to behave, the new grilled flatbreads are a winner: they grill the dough then finish it in the pizza oven. The simple basil pesto and tomato was our favorite.

Cornbread is back minus the rosemary, jambalaya returns without shrimp, but with a hefty serving of chicken and spicy Andouille sausage. The diverse menu runs the gamut from lobster mac & cheese to street tacos and generous salads, but we have to say that the new Juicy Lucy burger topped our list of favorites. The Angus beef was stuffed with cheese and Applewood bacon, then topped with crispy pickled jalapeños and chipotle mayo. We split it three ways.

The wine list is all new, and you’ll find 15 beers plus local micro brews and a full bar. When you’re really hungry, end with an order of bourbon bread pudding, now served with a splash of bourbon, or the new molten chocolate cake – then stroll Downtown Disney end to end to burn those calories.
lof102192LARGE.jpg
shg118394LARGE.jpg
ftb228913LARGE.jpg
sta339205LARGE.jpg
bdp448923LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!