TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ and ^^ That's not how it works.

^^ Unless Robb gives you permission to post a link to your website when you have under 50 posts, you can not post a link.

^ Do not put a link back into a thread after it was deleted by a moderator

Edited by larrygator

I was looking through an article regarding the investor call that Cedar Fair had recently and was pleased to find that they have created new ads for Cedar Point:

1987684105_Picture57.thumb.png.a790307721fcb0ba3d1e215d6e68fe09.png

So what do you guys think? Personally, I think these look WAY better than the old ads did and these ones have more of an emotion to it. I'm really confident about the direction the company is currently headed in.

EDIT: Here's a link to the article where this photo came from. You can also see a couple more of the ads on this website as well.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2012/01/cedar-fair-is-looking-fun-forward.html

After reading the entire article it seems that progress will be made. At what pace? Only time can tell.

Ouimet is bringing a much needed refresh to the Cedar Fair product offerings. I like the idea of the added Peanuts characters. The KBF Hotel does need an update badly and I'm glad to hear CF owned hotels will be receiving some TLC.

Knott's in particular badly needs a nighttime spectacular of some sort. Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular was "cute" but still fell short of "spectacular."

In regards to the new marketing, I'm all for it.

This one is kinda funny I'll admit.

Coastermania 2012 itinerary is up! Set for Friday, July 13, a one day event this year. Seems to have changed a lot since last year with no meet the press type event now...

6 a.m. – Admission gates open

6:30 to 7 a.m. – Behind the scenes tour of Top Thrill Dragster

7 to 7:30 a.m. – Behind the scenes tour of Gemini

7:30 to 9 a.m. – ERT on:

- Millennium Force

- Raptor

- Maverick

- Iron Dragon

- WindSeeker

- Blue Streak (9-10 a.m.)

- Dodgem (9-10 a.m.)

9 to 10 a.m. – Enjoy Early Entry

10 a.m. – Park opens to public

1 to 2:30 p.m. – Complimentary lunch at the Point Pavilion

11 p.m. – Park closes to public

11:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. – ERT on:

- Top Thrill Dragster

- Magnum

- Gemini

- Mean Streak (11:30-12:30)

- Wicked Twister (11:30-12:30)

- Disaster Transport (11:30-12:30)

Coastermania 2012 itinerary is up! Set for Friday, July 13, a one day event this year. Seems to have changed a lot since last year with no meet the press type event now...

I wonder why it's only one day this year? That's the way it used to be years ago. Glad too see we still get free food!! I figured that would change this year.

Just an extraordinary event especially since it's free with a season pass and tpr membership.

A fairly odd rumor was said by Screamscape...

Park News - (1/31/12) This is kind of an odd rumor, as many of the rumors surrounding Cedar Point always tend to be, but according to an e-mail sent in, The Point may opt to retire the Cedar Creek Mine Ride trains, and may attempt to put up to three of Gemini’s more comfortable trains to work here. As odd as it sounds at first, this may work as both coasters are based on Arrow’s mine train design specs.

True.. or not?

Why? Mine Ride's restraints are not very accommodating, plus Gemini's line is never long enough for it to make a difference running 2 trains rather than 3. They wouldn't run the risk of having it set up day after day either. It's not like the Mine Ride trains are heavily themed. Most of the ride's theme is around it rather than on it.

Anyone else find it amusing that it has been warm enough in January that they apparently have already been testing Gemini's trains on the ride? It's kinda funny that the park seriously could've been open through the winter this year.

And about the trains, why not? They've had Gemini's extra trains sitting inside Mean Streak for the past few years, not a bad idea to put them to use and replace Mine Ride's old trains with something more accommodating. Hopefully they paint them brown or something, though. I'm a little surprised they're still in operating condition, I would've thought they'd have been picked apart for parts by now. I guess they can still get Arrow mine train parts from S&S?

While I think the Gemini trains will look a bit odd (even if they are repainted), I am really glad they are getting something better for that ride. When I rode, I could barely fit in the car and it was horribly unconfortable. Because of that, Cedar Creek Mine Ride was my least favorite coaster at Cedar Point (yes, I even preferred Disaster Transport to it). Maybe these new trains will convince me to give it a second chance, although from what I remember it seemed like a fairly boring mine train to begin with.

For the record, I've never had a hard time fitting into any other non-kiddie coaster or any other Arrow mine train.

I think it is a great idea. Hopefully the trains will get some TLC and a makeover to make them fit into the theme more. I think if they hire somebody clever to design and paint Gemini's trains it would be able to work its way into the theme.