Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World To Get New Coaster (Green Lante

Postby downunder » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:40 am

I thought it was a solid addition, a lot of fun. Luckily I was there the day it opened, though there was problems with the restraints just before we were about to get on for our first ride, but they fixed it. I still prefer Superman personally.

Having not been to movie in almost 5 years, there's still a lack of attractions, even though the attractions they have are mostly top notch. This was further exacerbated by 2 major attractions having closed recently (Looney Tunes & Batman motion simulator????). Though they look like they're heading in the right direction.

On a side note Jet Rescue at Movie World's sister park Sea World blew me away, what a fun ride.
Last edited by downunder on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:04 pm.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World's Green Lantern

Postby australianalex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:33 pm

What Movieworld now needs is a good family dark ride to replace either Loony Tunes or Batman, and hopefully some sort of thrilling flat ride (because I personally find Batwing Spaceshot boring). Maybe an S&S Screaming Swing? I was going to suggest a Frisbee-type ride or Top Spin but that would attract millions of GP comments about how "Its SuCh A cOPY oF DrEaMwOlrd"

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ambe_bambe » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 am

australianalex wrote:What Movieworld now needs is a good family dark ride to replace either Loony Tunes or Batman, and hopefully some sort of thrilling flat ride (because I personally find Batwing Spaceshot boring). Maybe an S&S Screaming Swing? I was going to suggest a Frisbee-type ride or Top Spin but that would attract millions of GP comments about how "Its SuCh A cOPY oF DrEaMwOlrd"

They are getting getting an 3d shooting dark ride themed to DC comics, it is being done by sally corp.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MacPark » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:17 pm

ambe_bambe wrote:
australianalex wrote:What Movieworld now needs is a good family dark ride to replace either Loony Tunes or Batman, and hopefully some sort of thrilling flat ride (because I personally find Batwing Spaceshot boring). Maybe an S&S Screaming Swing? I was going to suggest a Frisbee-type ride or Top Spin but that would attract millions of GP comments about how "Its SuCh A cOPY oF DrEaMwOlrd"

They are getting getting an 3d shooting dark ride themed to DC comics, it is being done by sally corp.

If this is true that would be amazing. The super hero area of the park is really starting to look great with great rides. Do you have a source for the 3d shooter or is it just talk?

Postby australianalex » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:53 pm

ambe_bambe wrote:

Thats just a rumor/idea thats being spread, do you have a credible source?

Does Not Support The Hobosexual Agenda

Postby Hurricane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:43 am

I wouldn't be going around saying stuff like that unless you have a credible source. So far the only new investments that we KNOW are happening in the park is a retheme of Lethal Weapon with the new trains, and even then we are not 100% if they will actually retheme the ride or not.

Until such a time as it is confirmed, the DC comics dark ride is a rumor. Also Sally Corp already had a dark ride at Movie World, the looney tunes river ride.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby disturboed » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:46 am

Hurricane wrote:Until such a time as it is confirmed, the DC comics dark ride is a rumor. Also Sally Corp already had a dark ride at Movie World, the looney tunes river ride.

Which has also been closed for so long now with no news on it's replacement. Why do they do this? Thats 2 good rides my family cant go on when we go this february (ltrr & batman).

Oh well, superman and green lantern are both new to us now, so thats ok.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jordan M. » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 am

^^ ambe_bambe knows what she is talking about ;)

In other news we had huge rainfall on the Gold Coast today
407816_10150652961577588_675637587_10990354_894073376_n.jpg
Movie World's Newest Water Coaster

Postby australianalex » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 am

Quite scary to see that

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The Great Bambino » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:32 am

Rocked up there today with the family. The whole park was closed due to flooding. We were turned away at the carpark. They indicated that the only way they would open the park is if the rain eased. Will be trying again tomorrow. But will be packed due the Australia Day public holiday.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!