Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 74: THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD opens on March 27th, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalCoasters » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Coaster_Fanatic wrote:
sexyhusband wrote:don't waste your time at Legoland Florida.

Do you seriously have to be THAT rude about it? What do you expect from the Holidays?

DId you happen to read the last line of Robb's post?

Annoying trolls will be annoying trolls.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby O-Town77 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

-Edge of Beast- wrote:I agree with coasterfreak101, this is good for the park. They're busy! Cypress Gardens was never exactly a booming park, definitely the opposite of Legoland. It is also pretty bad because people aren't patient enough to wait for anything. It's like, you're in Florida, get used to it...

Well, attendance wasn't really the problem for Cypress Gardens Adventure Park. It was the owners racking up crazy levels of debt for the park's expansions/repairs/Starliner restoration that doomed it.

CG hit capacity for most of its concert days. Even with the lousy weekday attendance, they were still hitting 1.2 to 1.4 million visitors a year.
With Legoland's stated attendance goal of 2 million, they should be able to hit that goal eventually. I've been really impressed with everything Merlin has done so far and can't wait to see how they transform the water park.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:36 pm

I was fortunate to visit this park my last week living in FL (January 2nd) and what an awesome time we had! My girlfriend bought tickets for us as a christmas present. I love all the Orlando parks, and I was afraid I wouldn't make it to this one. I'm so glad we did, and I hope to return at some point. My Granddad has lived in Winter Haven for the last 30 years, so I had visited Cypress several times growing up.

I think it is excellent what they have done with the place! It was great seeing the Gardens and Mini Land was impressive as well. The atmosphere was fun, the park was beautiful and I personally enjoyed boating school. (Mainly due to the hilarity that ensued watching the adults trying to figure out how to drive a boat) I think it is for the best and I really hope it continues to draw the crowds and expand.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 am

January 19, 2012

LEGOLAND Florida’s Response to President Obama’s Tourism Executive Order

Attributed to Adrian Jones, General Manager - LEGOLAND Florida

“This development is a major game-changer for Florida. An improved visa process helps us roll out the welcome mat to our friends in Brazil and will result in record numbers of young families visiting Florida.

Cost and convenience historically are two of the biggest barriers in travel. By addressing the hassle factor and making the visa process less onerous, we’ve just substantially improved our chance of attracting additional guests.

As a brand new theme park that caters to young families this is of course very welcome news for LEGOLAND Florida. The Brazilians’ affection for America, love of theme parks and their affinity for the LEGO brand present the perfect opportunity for us in that market.

The fact that we’re already seeing large numbers from Latin America combined with today’s announcement is pushing us to seek out more Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking model citizens to better accommodate our guests from across this region.”

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am

Legoland has sent us a press release regarding their calendar of events for 2012.

Central Florida’s newest family theme park is gearing up for an action-packed 2012 with special events specifically geared towards families with children age 2 to 12. From LEGO® Friends Weekend to Kids’ New Year’s Eve the first full year of LEGOLAND® Florida is sure provide many reasons for guests to return again and again. The best way to participate in all the events at LEGOLAND Florida is with an Annual Pass – starting at just $99.

LEGO® Friends Weekend is a daytime party for girls that includes a LEGO Friends building event, entertainment, games, activities and much more. This first-ever event celebrates girls and their personal individuality, just like the LEGO Group’s newest line of construction toys. March 24 & 25, 2012

Runners and walkers can play – or run – their part during the Winter Haven Hospital Foundation Citrus Classic 5K. This community-wide health event is designed for participants of all ages. April 14, 2012*

Celebrate the 4th of July with a bang at LEGOLAND Florida’s first Independence Day event – Red, Brick & Boom. With special 3D glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks, this July 4th celebration is sure to dazzle and delight. July 4, 2012

Brick-or-Treat comes to LEGOLAND Florida every Saturday and Sunday in October. This spooky, kooky event features themed treat stations with candy, snacks and a few surprises along the way. October 2012

Go LEGOLAND - it’s your birthday! Guests can celebrate LEGOLAND Florida’s first anniversary with a very special celebration. October 15, 2012

‘Tis the season for Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida with a 270,000 brick Christmas tree and festive decorations. Santa Claus makes daily appearances in the park. Weekends in December

Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise. Watch the spectacular fireworks explode into millions of tiny LEGO bricks with special 3D viewing glasses. December 26-30, 2012

5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy Kids’ New Year’s Eve at LEGOLAND Florida where the giant LEGO brick drops at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 7 p.m. EST. Other event elements include fireworks and a dance party DJ. December 31, 2012

All events (*except Citrus Classic 5K) are included with park admission and subject to change without notice. For the most current information on LEGOLAND Florida special events, visit http://www.LEGOLAND.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

Today TPR took a tour of the new Legoland Florida Water Park. Some details to point out...

- The water park will be a $12 upcharge to the main Legoland park. There will not be a separate gate.
- This is the same way the California park works, which has done well for them, and helps keep the water park from over-crowding.
- There will be upgrade options for annual passholders.
- They ARE keeping all of the "bigger slides", and are working to lower the height restrictions for some of them to make them more "family friendly."
- The waves in the wave pool will be "gentle."
- Two new kids areas are being built.
- The lazy river will have those awesome "Lego Tubes" so you can build stuff as you float.
- Water park is scheduled to open "early summer", and I heard "May" being mentioned several times.

On to some photos!

The map of the new Legoland Waterpark!

Lego Imagination Station is a brand new attraction at Legoland Florida Water Park!

You can see the current wave pool in the background and the concept art to "Lego it up!" If they can make it look like the concept art, it will be really nice!

Again you can see the "old" version and the re-themed version for the Legoland Florida water park. While the structure basically stays the same, the colors and additions are more in line with the "Legoland" look.

We were told that Legoland Florida is working to lower the height restrictions for the Twin Chasers slide to make it more family friendly.

Hooray!!! Lego tubes! These are seriously amazing fun!

Robb Alvey checking out the Lego tubes with Legoland Florida General Manager Adrian Jones. These are really awesome, silly fun!

Soon a path will be built from the Flight School roller coaster to the Legoland Florida water park.

By early summer 2012 Lego tubes and bricks will be floating down the lazy river at Legoland Florida Water Park!

Legoland will be keeping and re-theming the bigger slides for the older thrill seekers. While it's great to see them keeping all these slides, I *DO* hope future expansion brings in some more family friendly slides, like the great family raft ride at the Legoland California Water Park.

This pile 'o dirt will soon be the new Duplo kids play area! (Note the shade that will be installed!)

The Legoland Florida Water Park will use the existing entrance and infrastructure from the Cypress Gardens water park.

The Legoland Florida Water Park will open early summer 2012! Looking forward to it!

Here are the official concept art renderings from the park...

LLF WP Build-A-Raft River.jpg
Build-A-Raft River

LLF WP DUPLO Splash Safari.jpg
DUPLO Splash Safari.

LLF WP Imagination Station + Wave Pool.jpg
Imagination Station and Wave Pool.

LLF WP Joker Soaker.jpg
Joker Soaker

LLF WP Twin Towers.jpg
Twin Chasers.

LLF WP Overview.jpg
Legoland Florida Water Park!

POST YOUR COMMENTS!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:16 pm

It's amazing how fast Legoland has revitalized that area! Once the waterpark opens, they should really be able to draw a lot of the Orlando tourists away for a day.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 pm

The water area looks great! I was there last for the first time and was amazed at the park, the water area will be a great addition come summer! I'm excited to go play with the Lego tubes... They look pretty cool!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 pm

They really are making great strides away from the old Cypress Gardens Adventure Park days. I hear they've been doing pretty well so far, and the water park should be a bonus.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I thought they would add a new slide or something but still great for the water park!!!
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!