Today TPR took a tour of the new Legoland Florida Water Park. Some details to point out...
- The water park will be a $12 upcharge to the main Legoland park. There will not be a separate gate.
- This is the same way the California park works, which has done well for them, and helps keep the water park from over-crowding.
- There will be upgrade options for annual passholders.
- They ARE keeping all of the "bigger slides", and are working to lower the height restrictions for some of them to make them more "family friendly."
- The waves in the wave pool will be "gentle."
- Two new kids areas are being built.
- The lazy river will have those awesome "Lego Tubes" so you can build stuff as you float.
- Water park is scheduled to open "early summer", and I heard "May" being mentioned several times.
On to some photos!
The map of the new Legoland Waterpark!
Lego Imagination Station is a brand new attraction at Legoland Florida Water Park!
You can see the current wave pool in the background and the concept art to "Lego it up!" If they can make it look like the concept art, it will be really nice!
Again you can see the "old" version and the re-themed version for the Legoland Florida water park. While the structure basically stays the same, the colors and additions are more in line with the "Legoland" look.
We were told that Legoland Florida is working to lower the height restrictions for the Twin Chasers slide to make it more family friendly.
Hooray!!! Lego tubes! These are seriously amazing fun!
Robb Alvey checking out the Lego tubes with Legoland Florida General Manager Adrian Jones. These are really awesome, silly fun!
Soon a path will be built from the Flight School roller coaster to the Legoland Florida water park.
By early summer 2012 Lego tubes and bricks will be floating down the lazy river at Legoland Florida Water Park!
Legoland will be keeping and re-theming the bigger slides for the older thrill seekers. While it's great to see them keeping all these slides, I *DO* hope future expansion brings in some more family friendly slides, like the great family raft ride at the Legoland California Water Park.
This pile 'o dirt will soon be the new Duplo kids play area! (Note the shade that will be installed!)
The Legoland Florida Water Park will use the existing entrance and infrastructure from the Cypress Gardens water park.
The Legoland Florida Water Park will open early summer 2012! Looking forward to it!
Here are the official concept art renderings from the park...POST YOUR COMMENTS!