TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Looks like quite a few people were guessing the Hannibarrels. I guess the "roll-out" hint was what they saw. I thought I heard a lot of people say that that area had like office buildings now or something though.

The Hannibarrels aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and they don't have any plans to move it or put it into operation, according to my park sources. as far as the announcement, it IS pertaining to one of the coasters at the park, this I do know, just don't know what its going to be.

^Oh no! Shorter lines for rides! The horror!

wow sarcasm....

well the way I see it, there is NOTHING wrong with shorter lines, makes for a great day. however lower attendance in the park keeps the park from getting the good installations, ( hyper coasters, state of the art coasters) and keeps us getting the smaller "try to build up the attendance" rides and attractions.

we didn't need an addition to the water park, we needed an addition to the park itself. all this will do will take even more people from the general park and into the water park.

And that's a bad thing why?

When I seen this announcement I was wondering how many people were going to complain about the water park getting something again. I think SFStL has a pretty awesome water park, and this will be a great addition. Heck, on several occasions, my wife and I took the 2 hour drive there just to go to the water park!

that's all good if you use the water park, not everyone DOES use it. I go to the park for the thrill element, I go to the lake for swimming enjoyment....

^But on the other foot, not everyone is into thrill rides. Like Godwyn said, some people go there just for the water park and do not even use the theme park.

You cannot please everyone every year. I'm sorry to say this year isn't your year.

lol, it hasn't been our "year" in quite some time, rather used to that...

St. Louis is one of the smaller, lower yielding parks in the chain. When Six Flags only needs to invest $X amount for that season to see higher or equal yields, then they will only invest that much. Six Flags can't just please you or other enthusiasts. Also, the Sky Screamers are awesome, and so is Riptide Bay (Bonzai Pipeline)!

Your guy's last year was probably 06, 08

I think you guys could use 4 more major attractions:

1- Junior/Family Coaster

2- Major Looping Coaster

3- Waterslide Coaster

4- Top Spin/ Frisbee OR Some other major flat ride attraction

well we already have a family coaster, "Pandemonium" well I actually like to call American Thunder a family coaster as well, its great on thrills but geared towards the family element which is fine.

yes we need a major looping coaster in a bad way, our last one was Batman. and the Ninja is absolutely horrible and needs to go...

I disagree about the water slide coaster, but that's just because i really don't use the water park but hey that's just me.

a top spin/ frisbee would be a great addition, and yest even a new major flat.

and to the person that commented on the Sky Screamer, yes it IS a nice addition to the park, and it's offers a great view of the park, personally I don't find it awesome, I rode it a couple of times last year and its already run it's course with me. but the general population is eating it up and keeping the lines full which is a good thing..

Looking at what the park has, I would like to see an mid-sized to big Intamin coaster and a few more quality flats. (Top spin, frisbee, river battle, Mondial Shake, things like that). I do agree. A coaster like Dare Devil Dive would be a great fit, as SFStL seems to be a more family friendly park in the chain, which I think is a great thing. They have something for everyone.

Looks like quite a few people were guessing the Hannibarrels. I guess the "roll-out" hint was what they saw. I thought I heard a lot of people say that that area had like office buildings now or something though.

The Hannibarrels aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and they don't have any plans to move it or put it into operation, according to my park sources. as far as the announcement, it IS pertaining to one of the coasters at the park, this I do know, just don't know what its going to be.

But looking at the quote that doesnt make too much sense. They said they tried it, which makes me doubt that it is anything involving any major construction. If its involving an existing coaster maybe, note this is wild speculation, they are changing the trains on the Boss. That would make sense and would be possible for them to test in November. Other then that, part of me doubts this is major news even though i would love for it to be.

In regards to further development to the park, i would love to see a signature steel coaster. Preferably a hypercoaster or a megalite. I kinda doubt it will happen, but it would make sense because the park has a really good offering of flats and has been developing the water park quite a lot in the last few years.

Everything here is wild speculation, so take everything i say with a grain of salt.

-Kafka-

Topper Track makes sense too. I think it would be a good addition to this ride since it has a reputation for being rough. Personally i dont think its nessecary since the ride has been running a lot smoother over the last season, but it would be a great addition.

Im not counting out SFSTL for getting something awesome soon, because the park has been making significant modifications to its rides for the last few seasons. I believe a lot of work has been done to make this park better and i feel that a new coaster wouldnt be out of the question.

Well with reference to the switching out of trains, the old trains from the "Twisted Twins" from Kentucky Kingdom are sitting under Batman' The ride's storage. there was talk of them putting them on the Eagle before, maybe they will be putting them on the Eagle. they wouldn't put them on the Boss since they are the same style of cars.

and the Boss incidentally has been running great for the past few seasons, the constant re-tracking and support work they have done over the years since it's opening have really improved the ride.

Well with reference to the switching out of trains, the old trains from the "Twisted Twins" from Kentucky Kingdom are sitting under Batman' The ride's storage. there was talk of them putting them on the Eagle before, maybe they will be putting them on the Eagle. they wouldn't put them on the Boss since they are the same style of cars.

I really really really hope not...

It's funny how some people are quick to say "topper track" for any wood coaster they think needs it. Georgia Cyclone I agree with but I never thought the Boss was overly rough except on some of the turns because the Gersts aren't really forgiving when they take those turns at high speed.

Putting Gersts on Screamin' Eagle would be the worst thing SFStL could do. I hope that idea doesn't come true.

^I wouldn't label myself a fan of Topper Track, but I could see it being appropriate for the Boss since it's so rough.

And yeah, I don't think the enthusiast world wants to see any more use of Gerstlauer trains. I don't hate them the way some people do, but they're definitely low on my list.

I absolutely love the Gerstlauer trains on Boss. I think those trains are beautiful in looks. I was able to make it to the park last summer, and my boyfriend and I loved the almost threatening roughness of that coaster. We loved the feeling of having to actually brace ourselves for each turn on that insane juggernaut. Backseat night rides on that thing to us are actually more fun than night rides on the glorious Prowler. I really love rough coasters when it is the right kind of rough.

^I don't think the enthusiast world wants to see any more use of Gerstlauer trains. I don't hate them the way some people do, but they're definitely low on my list.

I don't necessarily hate the Gerstlauer trains either I just find them rather moody. Of course that depends on the track.

^Darn, I missed the good rides by a year. Is it true Screamin' Eagle also ran a lot better last year?

I thought Screamin' Eagle was running beautifully when I visited in 2010. Only thing was it squealed around the turn off the lift. What a great under-rated wood coaster.

When the Boss first opened and for several years after, it was one of the roughest coasters I had ever been on, I wouldn't dare sit in the back or the front.. they re-tracked, and added supports where needed over and over again for several years. finally the work paid off and the Boss is a truly awesome coaster, and for the past few years the ride has been consistently good.

As far as the Eagle goes, yes last year it ran awesome, and I'm not just saying that because I love the coaster. 2010 the Eagle rode extremely rough every time I rode it. last season it was riding great. The Screamin' Eagle has always screeched around the turns, I have been riding it since it's opening weekend back in 76, and the screaming around the turns has always been there. back in the day before the Boss existed, you could hear it coming around the 180 turn and dropping down the hill...

Your guy's last year was probably 06, 08

I think you guys could use 4 more major attractions:

1- Junior/Family Coaster

2- Major Looping Coaster

3- Waterslide Coaster

4- Top Spin/ Frisbee OR Some other major flat ride attraction

well we already have a family coaster, "Pandemonium" well I actually like to call American Thunder a family coaster as well, its great on thrills but geared towards the family element which is fine.

yes we need a major looping coaster in a bad way, our last one was Batman. and the Ninja is absolutely horrible and needs to go...

I disagree about the water slide coaster, but that's just because i really don't use the water park but hey that's just me.

a top spin/ frisbee would be a great addition, and yest even a new major flat.

and to the person that commented on the Sky Screamer, yes it IS a nice addition to the park, and it's offers a great view of the park, personally I don't find it awesome, I rode it a couple of times last year and its already run it's course with me. but the general population is eating it up and keeping the lines full which is a good thing..

About Family Coaster, I was talking of a small coaster to fill the gap of ACME Gravity Powered Roller Ride/ Rockin' Roller. You know something for the 24"-36" that are too timid for Pandemonium.