TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

I went to the park today for the first time this season. Had a blast, almost everything was a walk-on, and Screamin' Eagle was the surprise hit of the trip! Seems to be riding better than ever (maybe they did extensive work over the off season? I don't keep up.) Got to ride Sky Screamer, although my friends and I jokingly kept calling it Sky Hug. It's a great ride, lots of fun, amazing views, but it's mostly just mellow and relaxing. I kind of expected that, but I thought the height would add a bit more thrill to the experience. We all really liked it, though. I'm glad we have it in STL!

^That good news kinda makes me want to go back! I found it to be a charming ride with a bit of decent air, but not notable. I could use a few more laps to help me "get" Eagle and Boss, as I liked them but didn't feel they were too memorable. I won't comment on the jackhammering on Boss though...

Had a blast, almost everything was a walk-on, and Screamin' Eagle was the surprise hit of the trip! Seems to be riding better than ever (maybe they did extensive work over the off season? I don't keep up.)

Glad to see that Eagle was running good again. I couldn't believe how badly it was running last year.

^ It really was great, not butter smooth by any means, just a bit bouncy. And the airtime was good; the hill after the turnaround by The Boss is insane again! It was just really fun. We rode it more than any other coaster, a rarity for me! Was gonna send you some pics but literally all I can do with my phone right now is send and receive calls. (Remember how it briefly spazzed out at HW? It's on constant spazz at this point.)

So while we're on the subject of wooden coasters at SFStL running well again (and yes, I agree, Eagle is running beautifully this year!), I just came back from an evening at the park where I had, without a doubt, the best ride I've ever had on the Boss. By this I mean, for the first time ever for me, there was no jackhammering, no body slamming into the sides, no feeling like my ribs were going to break, no spinal adjustments--it was amazing. Didn't think it was possible, especially from where I was sitting (maybe 5 rows from the very back or so)! Has anyone else noticed this this season?

^ I definitely noticed the jackhammering has been tamed quite a bit! The helix still hurts, imo, but it's such a fun element I enjoy it anyway. Without the jackhammering the double down up into the first fan turn is such a rush; you really feel the speed as you zoom through the structure at that point. Some great air on the bunny hill before you pass the station, too! I've always loved the layout of The Boss, just hate the G-trains.

I *really* like the look of this. Way more than all of the Windseekers.

I agree, I don't think the Windseekers are going to be anywhere near as cool as the Star Flyers. These things are just awesome.

I'm not sure how you could even compare a 150 foot tall swing ride to a 300 foot tall swing ride, regardless if its a chain holding your seat or not.

I *really* like the look of this. Way more than all of the Windseekers.

I agree, I don't think the Windseekers are going to be anywhere near as cool as the Star Flyers. These things are just awesome.

I'm not sure how you could even compare a 150 foot tall swing ride to a 300 foot tall swing ride, regardless if its a chain holding your seat or not.

The one at STL is 236 ft tall.

• 1 month later...

I was there the morning it broke down and was incredibly surprised how much the mechanic/someone working on the ride told me. Explained the counterweight and how they were testing in the morning. If that happened when people were up there that would be awful. There is a little ladder climbing up the side, but that would be TERRIBLE getting everyone down. It was crazy hot that day too.

I was there the morning it broke down and was incredibly surprised how much the mechanic/someone working on the ride told me. Explained the counterweight and how they were testing in the morning. If that happened when people were up there that would be awful. There is a little ladder climbing up the side, but that would be TERRIBLE getting everyone down. It was crazy hot that day too.

Screamscape reported it will reopen by next week now.

I ride Orlando's Star Flyer all the time, I can't imagine the Windseekers being as dynamic of a ride as it is. I will check out The Windseekers soon but it looks much tamer than Star Flyer to me. When the Star Flyer opened here, people wouldn't even ride it. They would ride the 390 foot Slingshot that sits next to it but not the swing. When I rode the first time I was alone on the ride and it was the first day of operation. Star Flyer to me seems like a thrill ride for sure but Windseeker looks a little more like an observation tower that spins faster. Windseeker does look beautiful over the park though. For a real good time, pick a windy day and ride single in a tandem seat on a Star Flyer.

• 4 weeks later...

Six Flags St. Louis Announces New Water Park Attraction for 2012

ST. LOUIS, MO – September 1, 2011 – Six Flags St. Louis today announced plans to add an extreme body slide, Bonzai Pipeline, to Hurricane Harbor in 2012. Bonzai Pipeline joins the

12-acre water park’s existing lineup of water attractions as the only looping body slide with a launching capsule. Hurricane Harbor opened in 1999 and remains Missouri’s only free water park with theme park admission.

Bonzai Pipeline is the ultimate wipeout experience featuring twin, looping slides that sit side by side and the Proslide Skybox launching capsule. After reaching the top of the 6-story structure, guests will step into the enclosed capsule where the floor drops out beneath them, sending them free-falling down the slide and into a side “super loop.” Riders will surf the 290-ft. slide at up to 40 mph. Bonzai Pipeline’s clear tubes allow spectators below to watch riders as they shoot through the 360˚ loops and splash out into the water below.

“Hurricane Harbor is already a favorite of our guests during their visit to Six Flags St. Louis,” said Dave Roemer, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “The addition of Bonzai Pipeline makes the water park an even greater value while providing a new element of extreme thrill that we think guests are really going to love.”

Bonzai Pipeline, manufactured by Proslide Technology, Inc., is scheduled to open May 2012. The body slide will be located to the west side of the wave pool and will have a 48” height requirement.

Six Flags St. Louis is also launching the sale of 2012 Season Passes. For a limited time, guests purchasing four or more 2012 Season Passes will receive a special price of just $46.99 per pass, the price of a one-day ticket, and one free Season Parking Pass. Season Passes must be purchased and processed by October 30, 2011 for this special offer. A 2012 Season Pass will not only let guests experience all that Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor have to offer including the new Bonzai Pipeline, but guests can use the Season Pass for the remainder of the 2011 season including Fright Fest in October. A Season Pass offers the best value with unlimited visits to the theme park and water park and comes with a coupon book featuring over $300 in special offers including limited free concerts. A Season Pass can also be used at all

Six Flags theme parks throughout the country.

news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/bonzaipipeline/

1.jpg.42caab1f171eca3bda0c73436867fca3.jpg

2.jpg.43f5d1f98eca310944a5a1919fa9979a.jpg

3.jpg.59089ea443415f3f4b787027a091b503.jpg

4.jpg.568a04b073567a54c278329b05e90e29.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

we didn't need an addition to the water park, we needed an addition to the park itself. all this will do will take even more people from the general park and into the water park.

Man, if only the park had thought about that before deciding on a water park addition. Oh wait...

we didn't need an addition to the water park, we needed an addition to the park itself. all this will do will take even more people from the general park and into the water park.

And that's a bad thing why?

When I seen this announcement I was wondering how many people were going to complain about the water park getting something again. I think SFStL has a pretty awesome water park, and this will be a great addition. Heck, on several occasions, my wife and I took the 2 hour drive there just to go to the water park!

• 4 months later...