Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: The Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby 99er » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:38 am

CoasterGuy06 wrote:They eventually walked away from the contract because they did not like some of the terms of it.

And they walked away at the very last minute, as in they had the management in Birmingham ready to take control of the park that next day.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby David H » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 am

I don't know enough about the business or the politics of the park to say what would be best for them. But I hope that the park can survive and even thrive. Rampage is one of my top 5 woodies, and all of the events I've been to at the park have been great.

If the park survives next year, perhaps TPR could consider adding an Alabama Adventure day to make a weekend out of Deep South Bash, to give the park some needed attention? I'd bet that they could get some nice local media out of such an event. And it could help highlight a great woodie to other enthusiasts, too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sandra-A1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Sorry, but I do not know what a GP comment is. :?:
I was just speaking "in general" and what I was attempting to say is that I just wish that Alabama had some great amusement attractions and was using the ones like you find on the west coast....like Knotts Berry Farm...as a example.
I do not care who buys AA...I only want it to continue to stay open and GROW!
The poor park seems to go from owner to owner and sadly those who do not seem to actually care about the park's long term life and growth. Langford almost killed the park simply because he was unwilling to turn it completely over to people who knew how to manage it. He wanted to keep control of the park and his doing so almost killed the park before it got going good.
I had hopes that the current owner, Adrenaline Family Entertainment, was going to do good things with AA. Sadly, it is now obvious that they only bought it to "flip it."
While I understand that this is a business and a nice profit is the goal...I just wish that some company would buy the park who was willing to set up a nice 1o year plan for expansion and the addition of great new rides.... and..... had to money to follow through.
Like I said eariler the park has potential and I just hope and pray that there is a company somewhere willing to invest their time and money in Alabama Advanture for the long haul!
At this point I do not even care if some company in Japan purchased the park........ as long as they keep it open...and expanding! :wink:
"And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~ Dumbledore

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:24 pm

"GP" stands for general public.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sandra-A1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:37 pm

KI Kidd wrote:"GP" stands for general public.

Oh, okay.......thanks Kidd! =)
"And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~ Dumbledore

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby twilight79 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:49 pm

It would be nice if Busch Gardens was interested, that would be something different and not too close together to another park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sandra-A1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:03 pm

That would be great if they were interested! All AA needs is a investor with money and willing to put some of that money into updating the park with a larger variety of rides and attractions.
Since the water park seems to be the main draw, and moneymaker, hopefully, it could(will) be enlarged, better rides and water features added, along with serious consideration being given to extending that section of the park's season....perhaps constructing the park so that part, or all, can be covered with a dome for year around use. Other year around water parks are doing a good business. Why not let Alabama Adventure become the premier indoor/year around water park in the USA...?...!!!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:53 pm

The park has been sold back to Kent Lemasters, who owned the park from 2003-2008.

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- General Attractions LLC has purchased Alabama Adventure and Splash Beach Water Park in Bessemer.
The company is owned by Kent Lemasters, who owned the park for four years before selling it in 2008 to Adrenaline Family Entertainment of Oklahoma. A separate company owned by Lemasters, Southland Entertainment, currently owns 175 acres of real estate surrounding the parks.

"With over 30 years of park and attractions experience among the principal operating team of General Attractions, we are very enthusiastic about the opportunity to acquire Alabama Adventure," Lemasters said in a statement.

Lemasters said "our affiliated ownership of the surrounding 175 acres of real estate has allowed us to create a redevelopment vision for the property. This purchase is a natural fit."

Russell Kuteman, president of Adrenaline, said "given our decision to exit the investment in Alabama Adventure, Kent and his team are the logical and ideal buyer group."

Adrenaline invested more than $4 million in capital improvements during the three years it owned and operated the parks. These funding rounds included the installation of two new water ride attractions, the Upsurge (a double tube water slide ride), and BuzzSaw Falls (a 16 passenger family water attraction).

As the new owners, General Attractions will focus on the development and expansion of the water park with an emphasis on family oriented water attractions, rides, entertainment, and recreation. Lemasters said that immediate and future expansion and improvement plans will be announced later this year.

The park will open in early May.

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2012/01/alabama_adventure_sold_to_comp.html
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 pm.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 am

So how soon is it before the rides side of the park is closed off forever?

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby twilight79 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Don't everybody be so negative. Hopefully this is a good thing, I'm sure that this new company has learned from the mistakes plus they own the surrounding land for the park to expand.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!