TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

I wouldn't be going around saying stuff like that unless you have a credible source. So far the only new investments that we KNOW are happening in the park is a retheme of Lethal Weapon with the new trains, and even then we are not 100% if they will actually retheme the ride or not.

Until such a time as it is confirmed, the DC comics dark ride is a rumor. Also Sally Corp already had a dark ride at Movie World, the looney tunes river ride.

Until such a time as it is confirmed, the DC comics dark ride is a rumor. Also Sally Corp already had a dark ride at Movie World, the looney tunes river ride.

Which has also been closed for so long now with no news on it's replacement. Why do they do this? Thats 2 good rides my family cant go on when we go this february (ltrr & batman).

Oh well, superman and green lantern are both new to us now, so thats ok.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought Movieworld was closed for Australia day?

Anyway I got to ride it last week, its a great addition to the park IMO. Not as good as superman escape, obviously, but a very cool ride. I think I invented a few new swearwords on the first drop lol, the way it crawls over the drop really adds to the suspense, S&S did well making a trim break add to the ride experience!

• 4 weeks later...

Just with whats going on with the park at the moment Lethal Weapon the parks Vekoma suspended looping roller coaster is getting a complete re-theme the China Town area leading up to the ride has been gutted and is being re-done and it looks like the ride, as has been said is getting new trains.

This was posted by the park's FaceBook page. It appears from what people are saying (and this photo from the park just under Superman leading towards the ride) its going to have a Batman theme, featuring Arkham Asylum; replacing the Batman ride now closed and keeping with what appears to be a new DC themed area.

Over in front of the old Batman building, it appears work has been going on inside the building. It appears they are pulling things out of it; apparently the simulators are already gone. This was also posted by the park as a teaser.

One person has said we could see something similar to Buzz Lightyear, they also said the park even passed out guest surveys about this type of ride, that even included concept art. So my guess is a Justice League themed shooter; good guys vs. bad. Another point was when TPR did talk to Sally Corp. at IAAPA they stated they were working on something big, with a major license to open around Christmas. Sally have worked with MW before with Looney Tunes; apart from them saying Christmas could this be what it is for? I mean most parks around the world will have already launched their rides, that time frame for Europe and US isn't ideal!!

Green Lantern did have some teething problems, as to be expected, it wasn't even closed for a few days. It has reopened now and I haven't heard any more stories, so hopefully it is now running smoothly.

Other than that the park appears to be going through a fairly big facelift; which is really good to see. My guess is the now closed Looney Tunes River Ride and the surrounding area could see some love after the DC area is finished.

• 2 weeks later...
Be prepared for a shock.....We are excited to announce a terrifying new ride experience straight from your darkest nightmares, ARKHAM ASYLUM – SHOCK THERAPY. Adrenaline junkies will be strapped into a brand new train featuring electrifying on board audio and experience awesome upper body freedom like never before, with pulls of 4.2Gs and speeds of up to 85km/h. You better beware of the Joker in this world’s first Arkham Asylum game themed ride. Are you ready for your dose of Shock therapy?

Link

The trains will be different from the Great Nor'Easter, these ones will be manufactured by KumbaK. I was hoping for the new Vekoma trains as seen on the Great Nor'Easter, but these ones will do. These trains seem to have a large lap bar with a vestlike chest restraint, so it looks like head banding is gone for good!

The trains will be different from the Great Nor'Easter, these ones will be manufactured by KumbaK. I was hoping for the new Vekoma trains as seen on the Great Nor'Easter, but these ones will do. These trains seem to have a large lap bar with a vestlike chest restraint, so it looks like head banding is gone for good!

Let's hope the KumbaK trains don't ruin the ride like they did with Stampida Oh, well, it's an SLC... can it get any worse?

Edited by oriolat

^Yeah, I was thinking about how their wooden trains are not thought of well. But at least these will eliminate headbanging, which is a major plus on Great Nor'Easter (though that ride is still jerky). It looks like they might offer a little more freedom than the Vekoma vests, though I'm not sure it really matters...

Am I the only one who thought from the press release that those handles on the restraints will contain those Shocker things that you find in arcades? I mean, "Dose of shock therapy"? "Electrifying" on-board audio? Those handlebars definitely will have live wires running through them.

Perhaps this topic should be split off to cover the new theme/trains for the upcoming Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy.....

As somebody who has seen the trains in person I am fairly impressed, the buttons on the restraints actually allow the restraint to release (once you have returned to the station)

Fact Sheet

The coaster is the world’s first ride themed around the very popular Arkham Asylum game

This exciting new ride will reach speeds of up to 85kmh and pull 4.2Gs

The ride will feature 5 gut wrenching inversions as well as on-board audio

Riders will need to beware as The Joker tries to takeover Gotham City

Ride Statistics:

Speed= 85km/hr

Height= 32 metres approx

G Forces= 4.2Gs

Track Length=  765m

Ride Duration=  120 seconds approx (station to station)

Height Restriction = 140cm

Number of inversions= 5

First of its kind in the world

Edited by Jordan M.