Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:35 am

RaptorBoyASU wrote:Do they really think they're fooling anyone by calling that prosciutto?

Saltier ham = Disney Prociutto

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:35 am

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2011/12/zooming-into-2012/

Over at Walt Disney World, the Fantasyland expansion—first announced at the 2009 D23 Expo, with an update given at the 2011 D23 Expo—will more than double the size of the area. The first phase opens in summer 2012 and will feature fresh attractions and richer experiences. Cruise by to check out Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, Be Our Guest restaurant, and more!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Resident Nintendo Freak

Postby Rocket Rodder » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm very curious to see what new RIDES (Not necessarily ATTRACTIONS) might go there... that expansion seems quite stately!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 pm

^As it has been announced, the rides of the area are Little Mermaid, dueling Dumbos, Barnstormer, and the Snow White Mine Train Coaster. The rest of the expansion includes new shops and dining options in Storybook Circus, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston's Tavern, the Enchanted Tales with Belle experience, Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt at The Little Mermaid realm and the Casey Jr. Roundhouse. There are several unconfirmed aspects of the total expansion including whether or not Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom will have stations in New Fantasyland, as well as the inclusion of several shops, quick service dining locations and meet and greets in the area that were shown in the expansion model but not formally addressed in any announcements.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Can't wait to see what's announced tonight on the NYE show! That teaser was pretty awesome (even in it's simplicity) although I only assume it's park deals with an overall general theme...just wondering what the theme is!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/one-more-disney-day/

What Would You Do With One More Disney Day?

Take a full 24 hours to create as many memories as you can — because on Leap Day, 2012, Disney Parks are celebrating like never before!

For the first time ever, both Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park will be open for 24 hours of wonder, imagination and magic starting February 29 at 6:00 a.m.

Plus, beginning January 1, 2012, Disney Parks.com is giving away a vacation package every day until February 29, 2012 and has an exciting special offer!

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

http://disney.go.com/memories/

This announcement includes a new sweepstakes that gives entrants the chance to win a trip to the Disneyland Resort or the Walt Disney World Resort for 4 days/5 nights!

We love to celebrate the good life! Families spending time together, sharing hugs, giggles, smiles, and magical moments they will treasure forever in their hearts.

In 2012, we're celebrating Leap Day with One More Disney Day. For the first time ever, we're giving away a vacation every day from January 1 through February 29.

Enter each day for a chance to win a 5-day/4-night vacation at Disneyland Resort in California or Walt Disney World Resort in Florida!*

You're one more day closer to realizing a vacation dream come true for your family if you win.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/leap-year-2012-brings-one-more-disney-day-to-disney-parks/

Happy New Year from Disney Parks!

As you may have just heard on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest, we’re kicking off 2012 with a special announcement – an extra day of magic for you called “One More Disney Day.” For the first time ever, both Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park will stay open for 24 hours straight. That’s right, from 6 a.m., February 29 to 6 a.m., March 1, 2012, local time, you can fill the extra day of leap year with a marathon of Disney Parks fun.

We’re also launching our new OneMoreDisneyDay.com site this morning with a few surprises. Beginning today through Feb. 29, one guest per day can win a memory-making Disney Parks vacation. You can find details about the sweepstakes opportunity as well as information about a special package offer for guests of Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts on the site.

So, what would you do with “One More Disney Day?” Let us know in the comments and be sure and follow the conversation on Twitter. You can get involved now using the Twitter hashtag #Disney24.
Screen Shot 2011-12-31 at 11.36.07 PM.png
omd111671.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:09 pm.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Im assuming basic APs will not be enjoying this event...any word on that yet?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JamesD » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Well I can see a lot of people taking naps in Hall of Presidents if they try to go for the full 24hr.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:04 pm

This will satisfy those whose secret fantasy is to ride the Peoplemover for 24 hours straight.

First post of 2012--go me!
Last edited by cfc on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:05 pm.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:36 pm

I think a nap on the carousel of progress, followed by a nap on splash mountain, followed by a nap on....

Novel idea, I dig it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!