Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: djcoastermark and 22 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Inukaza » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Bryce232 wrote:I'll post pictures tomorrow, but I'll talk about my day now.

We got into the park around 10:45ish and it didn't take long to realize that the park was sooper dooper crowded. So basically, if you went today and didn't have $50 to dispose of for an unlimited quick queue pass, you were in for a very long day. Luckily, I had some holiday money that got me 5 rides on Cheetah Hunt, 3 on SheiKra, and 1 on Kumba (wasn't feeling Montu today).

In the late morning, the Cheetah Hunt crew was horrific. They took their time as they slowly pulled the seat belts of every car and there was at least a 5 minute gap between each dispatch. At least some crew members had some funky cheetah merchandise on, they looked pretty funny. SheiKra's crew was exceptional. They almost prevented stacking; there was maybe 15-30 seconds with 3 trains on the brakes waiting for the 2 to leave the station, so it was alright. Kumba, like last month, definitely had the winning crew. There was a three train operation and they acted like stacking was illegal. They had the next train on the lift hill by the time the other was going through either the corkscrew or helix section. Before leaving, I took 2 more rides on Cheetah Hunt and the crew was much better by then. I guess they just needed to wake up a bit. I'm very glad I bought the quick queue today because the lines for just about every ride was 90+ minutes.

I was here today also, never seen them use the entire adventure island parking lot as overflow as well as their other overflow lots. I agree kumba's crew was hauling arse. Posted wait time was 75, got through in 15 minutes. (Line was full, with overflow). Montu got a extended queue line since I got back. It was odd to enter the ride from the left instead of at the beginning of the station like before. Line was fast there too, montu's crew was amazing. Cheetah has a 120min wait with trains being launched every 4-5 minutes. It was a nice day, I don't think I would have needed quick queue, though.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I won't be able to go to the park until after my financial aid money comes in around Jan 15th. What does the new quick queue line look like for Montu? Did anyone snag a pic?

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 pm

^ Unless they changed it since last month, the 2nd row is used for quick queue people only. They get on the ride from the exit side.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 pm

^It did.

orangeblue wrote:Montu now has Quick Queue merging at the station instead of through the exit, so you get to pick your row.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Postby Bryce232 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Some pictures from yesterday:
20111229152604.jpg
a B&M masterpiece greets the park's visitors
1228111125-00.jpg
These guys are adorable
1228111150-00.jpg
one of many CH required shots
1228111202-00.jpg
Looks like this goose has laid an egg!
1228111203-00.jpg
lazy kangaroo
20111229153045.jpg
Critter Castaways. If you've never seen this show, you should. It's like an exotic version of Seaworld's Pets Ahoy!
1228111309-00.jpg
another required CH shot
20111229153337.jpg
This elephant was taking a stand-up nap
1228111529-00.jpg
The new Animal Care center is just about finished and should be ready for its January opening!
1228111530-00.jpg
more of the structure. It stretches from the Elephant interaction area up to the Serengeti tours building
1228111509-00.jpg
Jungala
20111229153440.jpg
Intamin sexiness
1228111533-00.jpg
More Intamin sexiness
1228111532-00.jpg
I believe one of these is the new baby gazelle
1228111602-00.jpg
For all of you LSM enthusiasts
1228111612-00.jpg
Thanks for a great year BGT!
1228111755-00.jpg
And to finish off this brief TR, a highway sunset!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby krakenmaniac » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 pm

im going for my first time on new years day and im just wondering how i should go around the park , i want to do all of the big rides then ill do the exibits later.
Count:152

Top steel: I-305
Top wood: Lightning Rod
Home park: SFOG

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing Bryce!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release regarding the latest addition to their ever-growing animal family, just in time for the new year!

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay welcomed a new baby female reticulated giraffe on Tuesday, December 27, 2011. At 5 foot, 7 inches tall and weighing approximately 127 pounds, the newborn is the calf of father, Jafari and mother, Tesa, who has previously given birth to four other calves at Busch Gardens.

This new addition brings the park’s reticulated giraffe population to 18. The term “reticulated” refers to the giraffe’s net-like pattern of spots.

Mother and baby are currently in an area out of guest view so they can be closely monitored by zoo staff to ensure the baby is nursing and growing properly. The duo will join the other animals on the Serengeti Plain in about three months.

A giraffe’s gestation period is approximately 15 months, and the new baby will nurse for about one year. This birth is part of a successful long-term breeding program at Busch Gardens.

Busch Gardens’ 65-acre Serengeti Plain is a naturalistic habitat featuring a diverse population of free-roaming African animals including giraffe, zebra, white rhinoceros, eland antelope and several other species of hoof stock and birds.

You can view these amazing animals from the Serengeti Express, the Skyride or on a Serengeti Safari, an open-truck tour during which you can hand-feed reticulated giraffes and get up-close with the other animals on the plain.
baby giraffe02.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

It's amazing that this thing was born at 5'7, and it took me 15 years to reach this height. Thanks for the press release!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm

I thought I'd share a nice video of Cheetah Hunt Off-Ride I found on YouTube.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!