TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

An additional $12 for admission with a single day pass seems very reasonable. When I first saw pictures and read reviews of the Legoland waterpark in California I thought it looked nice but seemed like most of the slides were a little smaller and geared to children and families (it is Legoland). Since they are reusing the existing Cypress Gardens slides it looks like Legoland Florida's water park will have some larger slides that would make the water park appeal to a little different audience (like me). I'm really looking forward to getting down there sometime this summer.

^ I was thinking the same thing, and I'm sure that the park will at least have the slides painted to fit the color schemes of the park. As far as adding other themeing i guess we'll have to wait and see but I would think "Legoing" some of the supports and slide stations and stairs and stuff wouldn't be that difficult.

I think it will mostly be repainting and a retheme, with the majority of money going into new amenities. I'm sure the locals may notice most is the same, especially previous Cypress Gardens pass holders, but the tourists will think it's 100% brand new.

^ I was thinking the same thing, and I'm sure that the park will at least have the slides painted to fit the color schemes of the park. As far as adding other themeing i guess we'll have to wait and see but I would think "Legoing" some of the supports and slide stations and stairs and stuff wouldn't be that difficult.

True.

Merlin already worked miracles converting the rest of the park to Legoland.

Hopefully, they will start expanding the schedule -- because the theme park and water park will take more than

the 7 hours that Legoland Florida is usually open.

I haven't been back to Lego Land California since we went there and did that TV thing Elissa, since you've seen it, do you think its an easy fix to transform this to look as good as California's? Or it would it take a lot of work and money to match it?

I imagine that the most expensive part of water park construction is the infrastructure and they've already got that done so if they put the money into the theming and paint it should be pretty easy to get it up to par.

That's also sort of what they did with the park in general, right? Get rid of all the surrounding theming from the old park and re-do it, keeping the rides exactly the same as they were (Project X, Aquazone, etc not included)?

That's also sort of what they did with the park in general, right? Get rid of all the surrounding theming from the old park and re-do it, keeping the rides exactly the same as they were (Project X, Aquazone, etc not included)?

More or less.

Island in the Sky, Triple Hurricane, the Carousel and Swamp Thing mostly got refurbished and repainted -- not much beyond that.

What was really cool was how Merlin transformed the Okee Rampage into the Dragon. They completely moved it, added more track for a new dark ride portion and gave it amazing theming. It's got a completely different feel than when it was a Cypress Gardens.... Just shows how a good theme can fix everything.

I don't want to be as bold as to say this will "make" Legoland, but the waterpark was the one part of Cypress Gardens that actually helped sell tickets and was a hit with a lot of the locals. I do feel that at the announced size it should be included in the park admission or at least the normal annual. I continue to hear locals complaining about the ticket price so I am not sure an additional bump will help them.

Legoland Florida has sent us a press advisory and video regarding the lighting of the LEGO Christmas tree at the park's first ever Christmas Bricktacular event!

USA OLYMPIC HURDLER DAVID OLIVER LIGHTS 270,000-BRICK TREE AND “JUMP-STARTS” LEGOLAND FLORIDA’S INAUGURAL CHRISTMAS BRICKTACULAR

LEGOLAND Florida leapt into the holidays with the official lighting of a 30-foot-tall Christmas tree built from 270,000 forest-green LEGO® and DUPLO® bricks. Special guests included park General Manager Adrian Jones and the jolly old elf himself.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=LLF_Bricktacular_120511_jn19[/coastertube]

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of sounds like a few people are pissed at the traffic problems and are venting on FB. Give Legoland a chance to work things out. They have only been open a few months and probably didn't foresee this kind of attendance or what it would do to traffic.

If they wanted to get into the park so badly, instead of yelling at the park they could have, you know, waited around a bit because I am sure that not everyone would be staying the full day.

I mean, Legoland California drastically drops and then rises with attendance in the afternoon from people leaving the park so their kids could nap, they could eat at a hotel, etc.

Facebook is a fantastic communication device, but, people ruin it, especially when something they don't like happens. Frankly, I don't think this justifying some of those ridiculous comments. It happened at Disneylad last year too, and Legoland even WARNED people it was happening.

Kind of sounds like a few people are pissed at the traffic problems and are venting on FB. Give Legoland a chance to work things out. They have only been open a few months and probably didn't foresee this kind of attendance or what it would do to traffic.

Yeah, I can understand them being upset about the traffic, but hopefully they can find a way to fix that. Good for Legoland being able to attract the crowds.

And it seems one person in particular seems to be complaining his head off rudely on their Facebook Page...honestly, if you're so mad about being stuck in traffic, why no plan better?

This is the first time Legoland has had to deal with Holiday crowds, the park has only been open since October, and many of the staff are most likely still getting used to their positions.

Wow, good for them! It's nice to see them doing so well outside the Orlando market, where Cypress Gardens slipped! It sounds like they just need to work out the kinks - some of the Facebook comments talk about hour-long lines for food. But it's a brand new park, and who knows if they expected this great attendance their first holiday season!

It is also pretty bad because people aren't patient enough to wait for anything. It's like, you're in Florida, get used to it...

Seriously? You're 13, and have much to learn. Amusement parks are notoriously slow with food. However, customers should never have to wait in an one hour-long line for food, especially when you have children in tow.

If you don't remember how impatient you were 7 years ago when you were hungry, go ask your parents.

Edited by larrygator