TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you just need to trust intamin with it. They know what they're doing and wouldn't do something if they hadn't made sure it would work (at least some of the time in a few of their coasters cases...) and it would be safe. I do agree about the colors though...

How exactly will this be a roller coaster? There is no room for upstop wheels to keep the train from flying off (as seen in several close ups of the drop). I'm right with you australianalex. Also, am I the only one who thinks this ride is an eye sore?
The center bar on the track will serve as an upstop.

People seem to be afraid of color. I think the colors are beautiful.

Wha...?

I believe he means that a lot of USA members are think that a coaster needs a bright track color, and a grey/black/tan support scheme. This obviously breaks that trend and a lot of members haven't come to grips with that yet.

I still have extremely low expectations from this ride, but I guess thats a good thing as Ill be blown away if Im proved wrong
How exactly will this be a roller coaster? There is no room for upstop wheels to keep the train from flying off (as seen in several close ups of the drop). I'm right with you australianalex. Also, am I the only one who thinks this ride is an eye sore?

Yes, I too have very low expectations for a 180 foot tall Intamin Water coaster Prototype that hasn't yet been more than 20% constructed with no evidence as to what the rest of the layout will be.

My expectations aren't up in Cloud9 or Fanboy Paradise, but this is Intamin we're talking about. When was the last time one of their major coasters didn't deliver?

The park said there was gonna be a coaster section, right?

So what if the coaster section has a layout like that with a lift hill instead of a launch? The park's been pretty secretive with the layout so who knows for sure how well the coaster is gonna turn out? In the end, this is still Intamin we're talking about and they're known for building sick coasters.

We all have opinions, and I could be proven wrong, but at the moment it doesnt look promising. I'd be more re-assured if it featured the usual intamin box track, that would make me think of it as a hyper-water coaster. Also, do we know how steep the drop is? Is it the drop in the pic of the lift, because if its the drop it doesnt look very steep.

The drop doesn't need to be steep to be fun.

It's kinda understandable to generate opinions of a ride when the park releases info, but in this case, we know almost nothing about the ride other than the final drop. IMO it's kinda hard to generate an opinion based on a ride we know nothing about.

The park said there was gonna be a coaster section, right?

So what if the coaster section has a layout like that with a lift hill instead of a launch?

The lift will be the same system used on Pilgrims' Plunge at Holiday World.

The question about the coaster section can be answered with this photo. Hard to see, but there is definitely an uphill section judging by supports.

I'm starting to like this colors, it seems these colors just grow on you. Though, I never would expect a blue tracked ride with orange supports would look so good.

Stunt Fall has very similar colors and that looks really good.

I wonder if there's a technical reason for why these rides don't have drops past 45* - similar to how the 4D coasters' drops aren't completely vertical because the trains need to be in complete contact with the second set of rails so that they flip at the bottom? Maybe it has to do with the middle rail being an upstop system, if that's true.

This looks really cool from the inside of the park, so I'm excited to see what it looks like when it's all finished and themed!

The center bar on the track will serve as an upstop.

You`re right that the center bar will serve as upstop on the first drop... but if you look closely on the photos you can recognize that the last part of the track seems like it has another part of track installed, which looks more like the one from the Mack Watercoaster... So i think they will change the track after the drop,because the center bar looks to small to work for strong forces in curves... it will be enough for the first drop but i think it won't work for the rest of the track! but maybe i am wrong

if you don´t know what i mean look on the last piece of track on this photo... the track seems to have some extra rails on both sides... and like we know from the mack watercoaster, it is easy to fade-in the extra track, even during driving

compared Mack watercoaster track it looks nearly the same(track in the backround of this pic), but a little bit different in the way it is built, maybe to get no problems with patents:

and this will look a little bit more like the track we've seen on the artworks... even if it is not exactly the same (i know, they are just a artworks)

Mirabilandia has posted tons of new photos to their blog!

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2011/12/20/divertical-visto-da-mirabilandia-parte-1/

Walking through the avenues of pre Christmas Mirabilandia these days is very impressive. Mainly due to the presence of a new, colorful, imposing figure who looms in the sky Wonderland. Here are some photos that we are sure will be welcomed by fans of the Park.

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2011/12/21/divertical-visto-da-mirabilandia-parte-2/

The clear blue sky, the lonely roads awaiting visitors, nature as the only spectator. Divertical grows into, day after day, more and more part of the landscape of Mirabilandia. We took some pictures around the park to help you understand what Divertical entered is already "overwhelmingly" in Mirabilandia.

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2011/12/26/divertical-visto-da-mirabilandia-parte-3/

Last roundup of photographs taken from different angles along the paths of Mirabilandia. Obviously the subject is always highly anticipated Divertical. From these pictures it is evident that the arrival of Divertical will significantly change the face of Mirabilandia. Changing for the better right?

Dive-2.jpg.8946bad6a525f7bea6c09deca3d22187.jpg

Dive-4.jpg.9bf3661b77f74c9535f4f738cd992649.jpg

Dive-7.jpg.092e3d9c3b7813f1489d09d729d0432f.jpg

Dive-8.jpg.23f4be149627337f2b35d29cc919d6f0.jpg

Dive-9.jpg.4d7275ab1d12c7ed6a91c700e151816c.jpg

Dive-11.jpg.4dd2cd811145a4a9d3c2ae2936472657.jpg

Dive-12.jpg.5967efb3bef7980288ae9d4c11531c12.jpg

Dive-13.jpg.89b474527a7f2ff495081e1272df8643.jpg

Dive-14.jpg.80ac9e3cf3e58a9686f88accbbfde279.jpg

Dive-17.jpg.18296073278686b9c34ee9e7399b8726.jpg

Dive-18.jpg.5a2c43fce743547b8e24a78b25b7a363.jpg

Dive-20.jpg.bcdc86c5ef8efecfeda38355243f7735.jpg