Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby 154bmag » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:35 am

QueerRudie wrote:
A.J. wrote:This is all my fault. Shame on me!

I don't know if this has been said before, but is it certain that there won't be a transfer table for Superman Ultimate Flight (like Mr. Freeze)?

I'd suspect it doesn't due to the total lack of a transfer assembly for the platform... which if they could do a transfer track, they could do a 'flip' style loading like the Mr.Freeze coaster...

Either way, this ride has earned "THE MOST CRAPTACULAR CRAPACITY RIDE OF 2012!" award.

Premier thought of using the transfer system. But they figured that the time it would take them to transfer the train would be longer then just 1 train.
I think we can set our differences behind us...for science...you monster.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 am

^ In the fifth IAAPA video they said it was Six Flags who ordered one train for the ride and Premier thought it would it include a transfer track as it'd be perfect for the ride.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 am

deathbydinn wrote:^ In the fifth IAAPA video they said it was Six Flags who ordered one train for the ride and Premier thought it would it include a transfer track as it'd be perfect for the ride.

154bmag wrote:Premier thought of using the transfer system. But they figured that the time it would take them to transfer the train would be longer then just 1 train.

The former I could agree with completely... as it's the type of decision we've all come to love and cherish from the fine folks at SFHQ.

The latter... notsomuch. Look at the Mr. Freeze coasters, with their transfer and launch system. Such a development for SFDK/S:UF would have been a brilliant idea, considering the -whopping 12 people every two minutes system they'll be dealing with now.

(This is -one- time I'm thankful that I'm handicrapped... as I don't have to stand in the sixteen hour line to ride it!)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:33 pm

SoCalCoasters wrote:Who wants to bet that S:UF will become the X2 of SFDK with at the park's opening a gazillion people all rushing to its entrance?

This is exactly what I was thinking!
Hm, I see...

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am

Premier Rides has sent us a press release announcing their involvement in Superman: Ultimate Flight, coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in 2012.

Premier Rides is announcing it has been selected to design and manufacture the newest high-thrill roller coaster for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California. The ride, created in a partnership between Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Premier Rides, is slated to open in the spring of 2012.

This custom layout, a one-of-a-kind super launch coaster, features the tallest inversion west of the Mississippi and will rank alongside the tallest coaster inversions in the world. At 150 feet high, riders will experience lightning speeds of 62 miles per hour, with two upside-down twists and two vertical rolls.

“We’re excited to bring this caliber of ride to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “We believe that Premier Rides’ new attraction will satisfy even the most fearless thrill-seekers, and then some.”

Brightly painted in a vibrant blue, red, and yellow, the steel coaster will be visible from California’s Highway 37 and beyond from its location on the eastern side of the park.

Jim Seay, president of Premier Rides, commented, “We are very pleased to have been selected to design and build this one-of-a-kind attraction and are honored to once again be a part of Six Flags’ formula for success.”
Superman - Ultimate Flight Coaster.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 am

The capacity of this ride worries me. I can see this getting an entry in the Longest wait in Line thread when it opens.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bubba » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:33 pm

gisco wrote:The capacity of this ride worries me. I can see this getting an entry in the Longest wait in Line thread when it opens.

I hate waiting for Tony Hawk too, which is pretty much the same capacity. I hope this ride is worth waiting for though, Tony Hawk is a cool ride but for a more than 25+ wait.

With Roar & Kong only using two trains from late jun-August for as long as I can remember, the lines in this park always suck. Weekdays & Christmas time are only times I go.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Hopefully, they will use Medusa's 3rd train next year.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 pm

With that crew it wouldn't matter cause they would stack all 3 trains every cycle and that third train would sit in the safety brakes for 3 minutes. ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:56 pm

DJeXeL wrote:With that crew it wouldn't matter cause they would stack all 3 trains every cycle and that third train would sit in the safety brakes for 3 minutes. ;)

Though, at least the 3rd train will try to "push" the ride-ops to work faster.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!