Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Bankruptcy & Restructuring Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Fri May 06, 2011 7:56 am

^Tell me about it.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Open Up Happiness

Re: Six Flags Development Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:41 am

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mars-chocolate-north-america-expands-marketing-partnership-with-six-flags-entertainment-135568683.html

Today Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX) and Mars Chocolate North America announced an expanded partnership agreement that will build on their successful three-year relationship through 2013.

Following Mars' first-ever M&M'S® Day at Six Flags in 2011, as well as successful SNICKERS®-sponsored Fright Fest events, the partnership extension will add TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE® and COMBOS® to the roster of Mars Chocolate North America brands activating at Six Flags' properties around the country.

"We have enjoyed a very successful relationship with Mars Chocolate North America over the past three years, and are excited to expand our relationship," said David McKillips, senior vice president of corporate alliances and partnership marketing. "The addition of the other brands in the Mars Chocolate North America portfolio will foster new and creative promotions, as well as continue to provide thrilling experiences for our guests."

Six Flags and Mars Chocolate North America will activate the integrated marketing partnership with several in-park and in-market promotional programs, including:
  • Summertime consumer discount admission promotion with MILKY WAY® and 3 MUSKETEERS® Brands promoted throughout convenience store channels
  • Six Flags featured as one of the grand prize sweepstakes prizes in a national consumer promotion with the TWIX® Brand; and
  • MARS Chocolate North America advertising creative featured on Six Flags award-winning in-park media networks, including: Six Flags Television Network, Cool Media signage, ride sponsorship, spectacular Out-of-Home units, Six Flags online and mobile programs.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 am

Looking forward to more coaster train wrapping :?r

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 am

I decree this now officially seals it: The suck-factor will be going WAAAAY up on most SixFlags coasters. Pretty soon, you'll see the scramblers with ads on them, or River Rapids rides looking like LifeSavers candy.

It's bad enough they desecrated Whizzer and Mindbender... but how long will it be before Superman gets pudgy off of a Dove bar? Will Batman gain weight from his encounters with the Milky Way?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby acq10uaz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:31 am

The company has said that they are decreasing the train wrapping. Sponsorship will now just focus on SFTV and all the little signs they have in the park. ^Plus DC themed coasters can't have any sponsorship on it whatsoever as part of the contract the two companies have.

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

acq10uaz wrote:The company has said that they are decreasing the train wrapping. Sponsorship will now just focus on SFTV and all the little signs they have in the park. ^Plus DC themed coasters can't have any sponsorship on it whatsoever as part of the contract the two companies have.

Calling sense of humour, Sense of Humour, you're needed at the gate.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 am

QueerRudie wrote:Pretty soon, you'll see the scramblers with ads on them, or River Rapids rides looking like LifeSavers candy.

Are you sure you don't already work for Six Flags Entertainment's advertising department? That sounds EXACTLY like something they'd do! :lol:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Does this mean the electronic menus at restaurants will ONLY BE Skittle's advertisement? Wouldn't make much of difference if you ask me. :lmao:

Postby QueerRudie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:25 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:
QueerRudie wrote:Pretty soon, you'll see the scramblers with ads on them, or River Rapids rides looking like LifeSavers candy.

Are you sure you don't already work for Six Flags Entertainment's advertising department? That sounds EXACTLY like something they'd do! :lol:

Back quite a while ago, I was part of a regional airline that decided to cover everything on a plane in advertising... I guess it comes naturally to me.

Future ad developments for SFInc:
Mylanta/Dramamine/Pepto Bismol wrapped spinning flats (Picture an Enterprise looking like an enormous Pepto tablet!)
Pampers/Huggies themed children's areas (Looney Toons World: Now 50% more leakproof!)
Wooden Coasters will be sponsored by Lowes's/Hopeless Depot (I see Bob Vila helping with the wraps on this...)
Steel coasters sponsored by Rust-O-Leum (Except Vekoma coasters: Sponsored by Advil/Aleve/Tylenol)
Water rides sponsored by Brita ("Kids, look out! It's the filtered spigot!")
Log flumes wrapped in DuraFlame wraps (Only burns when you WANT it to!)
Drop towers sponsored by Traveller's Insurance ("Is this trip REALLY necessary!")

It's coming folks... just wait for it.

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:51 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:

Actually, that sounds like a LOT of fun... I'd ride it!
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!