Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Re: Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:53 pm

I don't know. Judging by the catamaran twin-engined illustration, I suspect these ride vehicles will pull at least 800hp. I just hope the ride ops don't need to continually shut things down due to rough seas. :p
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:11 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Gerstlauer1 wrote:I think it's safe to say that there is going to be a coaster section, look at their website!

I think it's safe to say they have some really nice looking concept art, which still makes it really difficult to know exactly what they are getting. Does it actually have a "coaster part" or are they calling it a "coaster" because the drop track is technically roller coaster track.

I'm of course hoping for a coaster, but I think you should pay attention to some of the moderators on this thread when they tell you that just because a park has posted a picture with a bunch of coaster track, doesn't *actually mean* the ride "is safe to say" that there will be some huge coaster section on it.

Okay now, i hope that i can say this in a way that doesn't offend or insult anyone.

Yes i could be wrong, the post i made with the concept art, was pure me being excited, which then lead to me saying something that isn't confirmed.

And yes, the first moderator told me. The other just made fun of me by posting: "
larrygator wrote:I'm looking at the visual on the website and the ride vehicle doesn't have any wheels! How could it have a coaster section? It would not be able to follow or stay on the track. :lol:

And I have never said that there would be some 'huge coaster section to it'...

- Kian Kronvang

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Gerstlauer1 wrote:And I have never said that there would be some 'huge coaster section to it'...

Please tell me why I find almost everything you say back to us to be so incredibly rude and obnoxious?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Just a thought, using the concept art and my limited knowledge on dragboats, could we see some water skipping here? Wouldn't really get riders wet if it were going fast enough. (And it would provide some insane ejector.) :airtime:

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm really curious (and excited) to see how this all pans out.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:53 pm

please don´t fight guys ;) i think gerstlauer1 really just wanted to point at the artwork which shows much more track than a normal super splash or log flume will ever have. And the rumor is in many forums that this will have coaster part...and that the track style and layout from the artwork is not real is obvious. So i don´t think he wants to be rude! when i read his answers, he writes the same way i would answer as a german. I think he really just wanted to point out that he hasn`t said it will be a "huge coaster section", just that there will be one... he is a young guy, so give him a chance ;) sometimes is harder for people from other countries to recognize the humor.

So back to topic.... PLEASE TRACK-GOD... pull the track up in the next photos. We want a super extended PilgrimsPlunge Deluxe :b
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mattyland » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:40 am

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2011/12/15/divertical-il-blog/

Dear friends,

Starting today, we'll keep a diary of the progress of Divertical, which will update with pictures and brief notes during this long journey that will lead us to inaugurate the most important attraction in the history of Mirabilandia. We are very thrilled and excited to discover, day after day, as it grows and how quickly this new attraction is inexorably changing the character of Mirabililandia. They are now seen some of the columns and side of the tracks. Within a few weeks you will be surprised to see how high and mighty tower Divertical, whose vision alone, we are sure will give a first adrenaline thrill.

The above was translated from the following text:

Cari amici,

a partire da oggi, terremo un diario dell’andamento dei lavori di Divertical, che aggiorneremo con foto e brevi note durante questo lungo cammino che ci porterà ad inaugurare la più importante attrazione nella storia di Mirabilandia. Siamo molto emozionati ed eccitati nello scoprire, giorno dopo giorno, quanto cresce velocemente questa nuova attrazione e quanto stia cambiando inesorabilmente la fisionomia di Mirabilandia. Sono ormai visibili alcune delle colonne e parte dei binari. Entro poche settimane sarete sorpresi nel constatare quanto sarà alta e imponente la torre di Divertical, la cui visione, da sola, siamo sicuri saprà regalare un primo brivido adrenalinico.

Divertical_blog_003.jpg

Divertical_blog_004.jpg

Divertical_blog_005.jpg

Confirmed Coaster section!

www.rollercoasterrevolution.eu
Last edited by mattyland on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 am.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:13 am

I thought that there was no place for side wheels on this ride, thanks to the staircase structure.
But obviously thats not the case, and then there is the rail in the middle looks to act up stop wheels (and maybe even sidewheels, since the track is painted on the sides?). I really can't wait to see this progress some more!

Wondering if it will be using magnetic technology to stay on the track, kinda looks that way?
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:11 am

^Looks like that center rail will be doing the work of the guide wheels/upstop wheels as you stated. The main rails will be the load bearing rail where the road wheels will run on.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Luukardinho » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 am

More supports

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!