Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

There's the thing - I don't see twisty bits. I see fantastically-shaped hill followed by sweeping curve followed by fantastically-shaped hill. None of it's twisty, it's all smooth and it all flows.

Opinions are subjective, I know. But I just don't think you'll be able to compare it. I just feel like it's going to be completely different.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 pm

And then there's a quick directional change after the overbank/Stengel dive-esque hill, then as far as we know a twisty bit, a turnaround, and another twisty bit before two final airtime hills. Sound a little familiar?

Also, I305 has two of these fantastically-shaped airtime hills as well, and flows perfectly. It whips you, but it flows pretty flawlessly. And we haven't seen anything to tell us that we won't be thrown to the side on this either - not a single piece of track has gone up other than the first turn.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 pm

A.J. wrote:There's the thing - I don't see twisty bits. I see fantastically-shaped hill followed by sweeping curve followed by fantastically-shaped hill. None of it's twisty, it's all smooth and it all flows.

Opinions are subjective, I know. But I just don't think you'll be able to compare it. I just feel like it's going to be completely different.

The parts of the ride after the first 2 hills is pretty twisty- and it's going to be absolutely flying.

Just because it doesn't have the same shaped twists as I-305 doesn't mean it's not the same style, right?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby djw44 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Synshine wrote:Seriously, what is wrong about saying there are features that seem and look a lot like I-305, especially when it is a fact that Skyrush is actually inspired by that ride? It is not about judging the ride on it's merits, it's an observation! That's all...

I mean seriously, I don't understand why everyone is getting so defensive. I am very excited to ride Skyrush this summer, I just don't understand the whole defensive aspect on the part of the fanboys.
You may be, my lucky star! I'm the luckiest by far!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Jakizle wrote:The parts of the ride after the first 2 hills is pretty twisty- and it's going to be absolutely flying.

Just because it doesn't have the same shaped twists as I-305 doesn't mean it's not the same style, right?

I don't keep tabs on the "style" of coasters (for example, "old-school vs "new-school" B&M). What I see in Intimidator 305 is a bunch of wide turns, one after the other, with two hills in a row built in between. I don't see any of that on Skyrush.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 pm

You just exactly described the first half of Skyrush.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:32 pm

New update on the first drop:
http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/hersheypark-skyrush-update-61-121411/
Approximately 130 feet tall and climbing...
DSC03228.jpg
DSC03246.jpg
DSC03262 (Custom).JPG
The station is going up as well.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby djw44 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:35 pm

^Pressed the Like Button. http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... 9,r:2,s:16 Gimme a break that looks extremely similar.
You may be, my lucky star! I'm the luckiest by far!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Holy hell that turn looks beautiful.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Justice » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:37 pm

A.J. wrote:
Jakizle wrote:The parts of the ride after the first 2 hills is pretty twisty- and it's going to be absolutely flying.

I don't keep tabs on the "style" of coasters (for example, "old-school vs "new-school" B&M). What I see in Intimidator 305 is a bunch of wide turns, one after the other, with two hills in a row built in between. I don't see any of that on Skyrush.

Okay. So Sky Rush isn't like Intimidator 305. Who woulda thunk it? Two obviously different coasters....are different.

Can we move on now....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!