TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to say that there is going to be a coaster section, look at their website!

I think it's safe to say they have some really nice looking concept art, which still makes it really difficult to know exactly what they are getting. Does it actually have a "coaster part" or are they calling it a "coaster" because the drop track is technically roller coaster track.

I'm of course hoping for a coaster, but I think you should pay attention to some of the moderators on this thread when they tell you that just because a park has posted a picture with a bunch of coaster track, doesn't *actually mean* the ride "is safe to say" that there will be some huge coaster section on it.

Edited by robbalvey

I think it's safe to say that there is going to be a coaster section, look at their website!

I think it's safe to say they have some really nice looking concept art, which still makes it really difficult to know exactly what they are getting. Does it actually have a "coaster part" or are they calling it a "coaster" because the drop track is technically roller coaster track.

I'm of course hoping for a coaster, but I think you should pay attention to some of the moderators on this thread when they tell you that just because a park has posted a picture with a bunch of coaster track, doesn't *actually mean* the ride "is safe to say" that there will be some huge coaster section on it.

Okay now, i hope that i can say this in a way that doesn't offend or insult anyone.

Yes i could be wrong, the post i made with the concept art, was pure me being excited, which then lead to me saying something that isn't confirmed.

And yes, the first moderator told me. The other just made fun of me by posting: "

I'm looking at the visual on the website and the ride vehicle doesn't have any wheels! How could it have a coaster section? It would not be able to follow or stay on the track.

And I have never said that there would be some 'huge coaster section to it'...

- Kian Kronvang

please don´t fight guys i think gerstlauer1 really just wanted to point at the artwork which shows much more track than a normal super splash or log flume will ever have. And the rumor is in many forums that this will have coaster part...and that the track style and layout from the artwork is not real is obvious. So i don´t think he wants to be rude! when i read his answers, he writes the same way i would answer as a german. I think he really just wanted to point out that he hasn`t said it will be a "huge coaster section", just that there will be one... he is a young guy, so give him a chance sometimes is harder for people from other countries to recognize the humor.

So back to topic.... PLEASE TRACK-GOD... pull the track up in the next photos. We want a super extended PilgrimsPlunge Deluxe

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2011/12/15/divertical-il-blog/

Dear friends,

Starting today, we'll keep a diary of the progress of Divertical, which will update with pictures and brief notes during this long journey that will lead us to inaugurate the most important attraction in the history of Mirabilandia. We are very thrilled and excited to discover, day after day, as it grows and how quickly this new attraction is inexorably changing the character of Mirabililandia. They are now seen some of the columns and side of the tracks. Within a few weeks you will be surprised to see how high and mighty tower Divertical, whose vision alone, we are sure will give a first adrenaline thrill.

The above was translated from the following text:

Cari amici,

a partire da oggi, terremo un diario dell’andamento dei lavori di Divertical, che aggiorneremo con foto e brevi note durante questo lungo cammino che ci porterà ad inaugurare la più importante attrazione nella storia di Mirabilandia. Siamo molto emozionati ed eccitati nello scoprire, giorno dopo giorno, quanto cresce velocemente questa nuova attrazione e quanto stia cambiando inesorabilmente la fisionomia di Mirabilandia. Sono ormai visibili alcune delle colonne e parte dei binari. Entro poche settimane sarete sorpresi nel constatare quanto sarà alta e imponente la torre di Divertical, la cui visione, da sola, siamo sicuri saprà regalare un primo brivido adrenalinico.

Divertical_blog_003.jpg.f6813709208eec3035e78d8015e5e2a4.jpg

Divertical_blog_004.jpg.a382c6d6d47c9358fc81a446997193d6.jpg

Divertical_blog_005.jpg.cab952d059eabbad361216a0baeb95cf.jpg

Confirmed Coaster section!

www.rollercoasterrevolution.eu

Edited by mattyland

I thought that there was no place for side wheels on this ride, thanks to the staircase structure.

But obviously thats not the case, and then there is the rail in the middle looks to act up stop wheels (and maybe even sidewheels, since the track is painted on the sides?). I really can't wait to see this progress some more!

Wondering if it will be using magnetic technology to stay on the track, kinda looks that way?

Another photo!

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2011/12/15/divertical-il-brivido-sfreccia-sullacqua/

In 2012 a new coaster at Wonderland alongside the legendary Katun and iSpeed​​. Height, speed, water, and fun, all in one attraction Divertical

And 'one of the most anticipated coaster enthusiasts from around the world. From now on this blog you can follow the construction of DIVERTICAL, Mirabilandia will inaugurate the new coaster in 2012. The theme chosen is that of competitive racing and offshore encompass the characteristics of different rollercoaster speed, majesty and grandeur! 55 meters in height, a steep dive, a braking system that uses water and a road full of curves with a top speed of less than 106 km / h. Divertical represents an innovative evolution of the classic coaster combines the best features of those found in amusement parks. Divertical Watercoaster will be the highest in the world, the tallest coaster in Italy, along with Katun and iSpeed ​​and will form a trio of absolute standards of European and world entertainment.

The 2012 will completely change the way you think the fun of millions of Italians: A Mirabilandia DIVERTICAL born, the thrill of hurtling water!

Translated from the following:

Nel 2012 a Mirabilandia un nuovo coaster affiancherà i mitici Katun e iSpeed. Altezza, velocità, acqua, e divertimento, tutto racchiuso in una sola attrazione: Divertical

E’ tra i coaster più attesi dagli appassionati di tutto il mondo. Da oggi su questo blog potrete seguire i lavori di costruzione di DIVERTICAL, il nuovo coaster che Mirabilandia inaugurerà nel 2012. Il tema scelto è quelle delle corse sportive di OFFSHORE e racchiuderà le caratteristiche di diversi rollercoaster: velocità, maestosità e imponenza! 55 metri d’altezza, un tuffo vertiginoso, un sistema di frenata che sfrutta l’acqua e un percorso ricco di curve con una velocità di punta di ben 106 km/h. Divertical rappresenta l’innovativa evoluzione del classico coaster unendo le migliori caratteristiche di quelle presenti nei Parchi di divertimento. Divertical sarà il più alto Watercoaster del mondo, il più alto coaster d’Italia, e assieme a Katun e iSpeed formerà un trio di campioni assoluti del divertimento europeo e mondiale.

Il 2012 cambierà completamente il modo di concepire il divertimento di milioni di italiani: A Mirabilandia nasce DIVERTICAL, il brivido sfreccia sull’acqua!

Moderator Edit: When photos are available on a park's official website, we would really prefer that the photos are credited to the park's website and not an unaffiliated website. Thanks!

-Eric (TPR Moderator)

Divertical_blog_001.jpg.bd5491e6f3f2e298cff661401ee41ee0.jpg

Divertical_blog_002.jpg.e4a001cd2d91509073351a04e9d282a1.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Now they just need to get it open by June!!

I totally agree with you, but don't get your hopes up too much please!

The park is spectacular without this ride and like I say, if you miss a ride or credit it gives you a reason to return! (Which is a good thing when it comes to a park like this!)

This looks awesome. I love those lifts!

Here's translation of the press release that's hopefully a bit easier to read. In typical Italian fashion, it's heavy on the superlatives

In 2012, at Mirabilandia, a new coaster will be built alongside the legendary Katun and iSpeed. Height, speed, water and fun all in one attraction: Divertical.

Among enthusiasts, it’s one of the most anticipated coasters in the world! Starting today, you can follow the construction progress of Divertical, which Mirabilanidia will be opening in 2012. This unique and magestic roller coaster will offer speed and grandeur within an offshore racing theme.

Divertical will feature a 55 meter height (181 ft), a steep dive, a water-based braking system and a course full of twists and turns, all at a top speed of just under 106km/ h.

Divertical represents an innovative evoluation of the classic roller coaster, combining the best features of those found in amusement parks today. It will be the tallest Watercoaster in Italy and the world.

Together with Katun and iSpeed, Divertical will form a trio of the best entertainment offerings to be found throughout Europe and the World.

2012 will completely change the way millions of Italians will think of fun. At Mirabilandia, DIVERTICAL will be born, offering the thrill of hurtling over water!

Dear friends:

Starting today, we will be keeping a diary of Divertical’s progress, updated with pictures and notes, of the long journey leading to the opening of the most important attraction in Mirabilandia’s history.

It is both thrilling and exciting to see how quickly this new attraction is growing and inexorably changing the character of Mirabilandia, day after day.

Some columns and track are now visible. Within a few weeks, you’ll be surprised at how high and mighty Divertical’s tower will be, which we’re sure will give you your first adrenaline rush, just by looking at it.

Taken from above:

Nel 2012 a Mirabilandia un nuovo coaster affiancherà i mitici Katun e iSpeed. Altezza, velocità, acqua, e divertimento, tutto racchiuso in una sola attrazione: Divertical

E’ tra i coaster più attesi dagli appassionati di tutto il mondo. Da oggi su questo blog potrete seguire i lavori di costruzione di DIVERTICAL, il nuovo coaster che Mirabilandia inaugurerà nel 2012. Il tema scelto è quelle delle corse sportive di OFFSHORE e racchiuderà le caratteristiche di diversi rollercoaster: velocità, maestosità e imponenza! 55 metri d’altezza, un tuffo vertiginoso, un sistema di frenata che sfrutta l’acqua e un percorso ricco di curve con una velocità di punta di ben 106 km/h. Divertical rappresenta l’innovativa evoluzione del classico coaster unendo le migliori caratteristiche di quelle presenti nei Parchi di divertimento. Divertical sarà il più alto Watercoaster del mondo, il più alto coaster d’Italia, e assieme a Katun e iSpeed formerà un trio di campioni assoluti del divertimento europeo e mondiale.

Il 2012 cambierà completamente il modo di concepire il divertimento di milioni di italiani: A Mirabilandia nasce DIVERTICAL, il brivido sfreccia sull’acqua!

Cari amici,

a partire da oggi, terremo un diario dell’andamento dei lavori di Divertical, che aggiorneremo con foto e brevi note durante questo lungo cammino che ci porterà ad inaugurare la più importante attrazione nella storia di Mirabilandia. Siamo molto emozionati ed eccitati nello scoprire, giorno dopo giorno, quanto cresce velocemente questa nuova attrazione e quanto stia cambiando inesorabilmente la fisionomia di Mirabilandia. Sono ormai visibili alcune delle colonne e parte dei binari. Entro poche settimane sarete sorpresi nel constatare quanto sarà alta e imponente la torre di Divertical, la cui visione, da sola, siamo sicuri saprà regalare un primo brivido adrenalinico.

Two things that made me dislike Intamin's super splash ride at first:

-Getting hit in the face with water on the way down the first drop. Painful and you can't see.

-The inconsistant splash pool water level.

Pilgrim's Plunge a year after opening was much better with the water level, very smooth splash and skipping across the water. But hopefully they won't run into mechanical/water level probz that PP had to go through. When I rode it the first time it was absolutely painful the way the boat flew down the drop only to come to a complete stop when you hit the water haha. Like Tyson punching you in your gut!

I was let down by the ride personally, but I'd love to see how well it may do overseas.