Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby eddytheviper » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:27 am

Hi everyone, just thought would be of interest, especially as Robb and Ellissa love Epcot so much.

As you surely know, Test Track is scheduled to receive a major rehab next year that would include the complete renovation of the ride and its theme (without altering the track itself). As part of this future project, Test Track will start testing new technologies that may be incorporated in the attraction next year:

"We often test new concepts and technologies in our parks as part of our ongoing innovation process to make the entire Guest experience even better. As part of that effort, we will be testing a new technology at Epcot at Test Track, December 6-7. The technology we are testing may or may not end up as part of our park offerings."

Once again, sorry for copying the knowledge from another coaster site but, it seems to get the info long before anyone, I for one would be interested to see what they will be testing, sounds good to me!

The source was from here

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 am

I've never actually realized that Epcot did a Holiday event. I really need to get back there. I'm pretty sure its only because I go during the fall.

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:27 am

Nice pictures Adam. It is nice to see the other Disney parks decked out for Christmas.

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 am

I love the Disney Magic, particularly during the Holidays. Thanks for the updates!
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:09 am

Went to Epcot last night to film the Holiday Illuminations show. To be honest, I'm not a big "show" or "Fireworks" person (just seen way too many fireworks shows in my life), but Illuminations is always a show I'll stop and watch...and on occasion, even wait for.

But the Holiday version.... OMFG!

You almost have to skip to the end of this video (forward to 13:10) and watch how the celebrate "peace on earth" with the most amount of explosions in the sky you'll ever see....and not be in the middle of a WAR! It's seriously impressive! Watch....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 am

^YES!! The Holiday version of Illuminations is always awesome! The new Years ever version is very similar but with even more fire power if I remember correctly, definitely check that out if you can! Great video Robb.

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 am

Amazing!! Great video!! Looks awesome... As always!! Thanks!!!
~Matt
~Matt & Matt~

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 am

Great report, Adam--but this is the creepiest holiday topiary I've ever seen. Stitch with Christmas-light teeth is nightmare fuel.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a year in Orlando to take in all of the awesome Disney seasonal events! Or to live 15 minutes from my favorite park!! ;)

*looks for Civil Engineer openings in Orlando*

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:03 pm

ernierocker wrote:Oh, what I wouldn't give for a year in Orlando to take in all of the awesome Disney seasonal events! Or to live 15 minutes from my favorite park!! ;)

*looks for Civil Engineer openings in Orlando*

I think living there a year would be cool but I think it would start to lose some of the magic by visiting to often.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!