Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
KidTums' personal piano player

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood to announce Wizarding World

Postby wrs28330 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:43 am

Here are some higher-res photos than the ones we tweeted during the event. See the captions on the tweeted photos if needed.
Photos by Derek Vos.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby COASTAH FREAK » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 am

The only reason I'm excited for this is that I live like 5 minutes away from USH and I grew up with HP, so it'll be nice. Considering I have never been to florida and have no plans on going anytime soon, it'll at least make things a little more convenient.
Check out my Xcelerator Model HERE
PRINCE DESMOND wrote:MY MOTHER USE TO SAY WEHN LIVE GIFTS YOU LEMONS MAKE FROOT PUNCH

Having a username like "COASTAH FREAK" is like having a girl's name tattooed on your chest. You hate looking at it every day, but it's there for good.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:51 am

We've updated our announcement post to include several photos sent to us by Universal Studios Hollywood from the ceremony, as well as a video highlighting the announcement ceremony.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1120055#p1120055
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:
Rastuso wrote:I think Kong, and anything new to LA has two possible sources of crowd increases. Vacationers, like myself, who pay full prices, and buy lots of merch. And, locals who go with a discount ticket and buy zero merch.

snip

I think this will help, hell yeah. But it won't do anything even remotely like the 30-50% increase Orlando has seen at IOA. Maybe for the first Summer, but it won't be sustained. I foresee IOA having bigger numbers for quite a few years. And the Uni addition keeping it going for qiute sometime. LA's Potter will be the lesser Potter the day it opens, most likely.

If it was totally new adventure, and different shops, it very well could be a 50% increase from vacationers. As it stands, a vacationer like myself, will make their Orlando vs LA decision based on everything EXCEPT the new Potter land in LA.

-R

Youre throwing a lot of big accusations with no actual info or proof to any of it. You don't know Universals attendance numbers, their vacationer to local ratio, what they plan to build here, the draw of the park in the first place, nor do you understand how marketing works with things like Kong.

The point your trying to prove cant be proven for a few years, and even then I think your expectations for this are all off. We will have to wait and see.

Well, yeah, nobody on this thread can prove ANY of their opinions. The only for real facts are those accompanying the pictures from the media event. Which are basically: A Harry Potter expansion is going into Universal Hollywood, and it most likely will sell Butterbeer.

-RO

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:45 pm

^You're right about that! No one in this thread can make an educated guess about USH's attendance patterns.

All I know is I'm excited for this expansion!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:54 pm

COASTAH FREAK wrote:The only reason I'm excited for this is that I live like 5 minutes away from USH and I grew up with HP, so it'll be nice. Considering I have never been to florida and have no plans on going anytime soon, it'll at least make things a little more convenient.

That is exactly my point! People LOVE Harry Potter, I grew up on it too!
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Wow! I can't believe they used interlaced video and a 60Htz refresh rate on that hi res wall. C'mon Universal. Couldn't you splurge and pay the extra $125.00 for a scan converter. If that is any indication of the WWoHP USH is gonna get then it's doomed from the get go. :(

Guy "I'm already let down." Koepp :roll:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 pm

This is obviously the work of a Wizard!

From WESH 2 News
Fire Burns At Universal Studios
No Reports Of Injuries From Fire In Building On Back Lot
By Stella Chan

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- A fire at Universal Studios sent heavy smoke into the air on Thursday afternoon, according to officials in Los Angeles County.

About 55 firefighters responded and the fire in a three-story building on the back lot was nearly knocked down by about 1 p.m. PT, said Inspector Quvondo Johnson of the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

There were no reports of injuries from the fire, which was reported about noon.

The cause of the fire was unknown, but the building was under demolition, Johnson said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/29954830/detail.html#ixzz1fzp9K500

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm

^Looks like Harry and Ron Weasley were out behind Hogswarts playin' with their wands, again.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 pm

They seem to have an issue with fires on the backlot lol
Last edited by COASTER FREAK 11 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:10 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!