Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby UnderCoverDrummer1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

DougMJr wrote:^That would make my day if I saw that! Unfortunately, my home park rarely gets a new coaster so I won't have that opportunity.

I started flipping out...my girlfriend was rather confused... :p

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:05 am

UnderCoverDrummer1 wrote:
DougMJr wrote:^That would make my day if I saw that! Unfortunately, my home park rarely gets a new coaster so I won't have that opportunity.

I started flipping out...my girlfriend was rather confused... :p

I would do the same thing!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 am

I know what you mean, I saw Intamin track pass me once, and I missed my exit on the interstate. I wound up following it for almost fifty miles. Amanda (my passenger at the time) facepalmed and went "well, that prooves you're retarded for roller coasters". :lmao: B&M track would be awesome to see though...

oh side note, it would be awesome if they converted that little bit of flume to a toxic waterfall or something along those lines. I know thats a far cry for themeing, but that would be kinda cool.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 am

^I imagine that small bit of flume is coming down (or has already come down) now that the operating season ended and Wild One isn't running underneath that portion of the ride.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:21 am

Is Batwing still looking like this ?
The ride looks abandoned.
batwing-WdTl[1].jpg

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:39 am

Yup. Three shades of purple on the supports and nothing built around it. And now the queue cover's been taken down, so all that's there is the support structure.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:15 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:Yup. Three shades of purple on the supports and nothing built around it. And now the queue cover's been taken down, so all that's there is the support structure.

Wait, is batwing going somewhere?
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:13 pm

No, it's just the cover over the queue that was removed earlier this year. It's staying, no worries!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:00 am

Six Flags America has sent us a press release regarding their announcement of the appointment of a new park president!

Six Flags America announces the appointment of Rick Howarth as its new park president. Howarth will be responsible for all park operations, strategic direction and general management duties for the 131-acre theme and water park, located 20 minutes from the nation’s capital.

A native of Largo, Maryland, Howarth began his career in the theme park industry in 1992 as a finance intern at Wild World (later Adventure World before being rebranded as Six Flags America in 1999) while studying at the University of Maryland in College Park. Howarth has held finance positions at Wild World, Adventure World, Six Flags America, various former Six Flags parks throughout Europe, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California, and the Six Flags Entertainment Corporation headquarters in Grand Prairie, Texas. In 2009, Howarth returned to Six Flags America as the park’s director of finance.

"I'm very excited to take on this new, exciting role,” said Howarth. "I look forward to building on Six Flags America’s reputation as a unique and thrilling destination for family fun as we continue to provide our guests with superior service and lasting memories."

Rick Howarth, his wife Janelle, and their three daughters live in Crofton, Maryland where they are members of Mid Atlantic Community Church. He enjoys playing basketball in community leagues in Anne Arundel and Howard Counties.

Rick Howarth replaces John Winkler, who was recently appointed park president at Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts. He begins his new position as Six Flags America prepares for its 13th season as a Six Flags-branded property and the installation of Apocalypse, the park’s eighth world-class roller coaster. This 2,900-foot steel roller coaster will feature two inversions and reach top speeds of 55 MPH. APOCALYPSE is scheduled to open in May 2012.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 am

From the Six Flags America Facebook page:
386590_10150398869000995_40616650994_8698093_1700113173_n.jpg
"Our APOCALYPSE harnesses!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!